The George Hotel
The Parade, Castletown, Castletown, IM9 1LG, United Kingdom – Excellent location – show map
Excellent location – rated 9.5/10! (score from 239 reviews)
Real guests • Real stays • Real opinions
Right in the center of Castletown on the Isle of Man, The George is a 19th-century hotel located opposite historic Castle Rushen. Guests can enjoy castle views, fresh local cuisine, and free Wi-Fi.
With luxury Gilchrist and Soames toiletries, rooms at The George Hotel all feature their own private bathroom and hairdryer. Free tea and coffee facilities are provided, along with a TV and radio.
Freshly prepared to order, food at The George is made with local produce and seasonal vegetables, including Manx beef, lamb, and fish.
Free parking is available, and Ronaldsway Airport is 3 miles away. The Ferry Sea Terminal in Douglas is located 25 minutes’ drive away.
Couples in particular like the location – they rated it 9.4 for a two-person trip.
Select dates to see this property's availability and prices
- Check out is 10:30 is there anyway this can be pushed till 12?Check out is 10:30, if a later check out time is requested this will be accepted or declined judged on availability for that particular room.Answered on 7 August 2020
- Good evening, Do the booking.com prices include breakfast? Breakfast isn’t mentioned. Thanks JanetHi, Yes your room price includes breakfast.Answered on 18 May 2021
- What size are the double bedsOUR DOUBLE ROOMS HAVE A KING SIZE BED AND OUR SUPIRIOUR ROOMS HAVE SUPER KING SIZE BEDSAnswered on 15 November 2021
- Hello, is breakfast continental or full English? Thank you DavidFull englishAnswered on 10 November 2022
- Is The George dog friendly please?Hi, The Bar Areas on the ground floor are dog friendly, we do not allow dogs into the Bedrooms.Answered on 13 August 2021
- Still looking?
Food: British, Pizza, Local, Grill/BBQ
Open for: Breakfast, Brunch, Lunch, Dinner
- Toilet paper
- Towels/Sheets (extra fee)
- Guest bathroom
- Bathtub or shower
- Private Bathroom
- Free toiletries
- Wardrobe or closet
- Alarm clock
- Extra long beds (> 6.5 ft)
- City view
- Outdoor furniture
- Sun deck
- Dining table
- Cleaning products
- Electric kettle
- Socket near the bed
- Drying rack for clothing
- Fold-up bed
- Clothes rack
- Live sports events (broadcast)Off-site
- Live music/PerformanceOff-site
- Walking toursAdditional charge
- Evening entertainment
- CanoeingAdditional chargeOff-site
- Golf course (within 2 miles)Additional charge
- Dining area
- Flat-screen TV
- Wine/ChampagneAdditional charge
- Kids' mealsAdditional charge
- Special diet meals (on request)
- Street parking
- Accessible parking
- Daily housekeeping
- Private check-in/out
- Baggage storage
- Fax/PhotocopyingAdditional charge
- Packed lunches
- Wake-up service/Alarm clock
- Meeting/Banquet facilitiesAdditional charge
- Fire extinguishers
- CCTV outside property
- CCTV in common areas
- Smoke alarms
- Key access
- 24-hour security
- Designated smoking area
- Smoke-free property
- Family rooms
- Ironing facilities
- Facilities for disabled guests
- Non-smoking rooms
- Auditory guidance
- Bathroom emergency cord
- Raised toilet
- Toilet with grab rails
2:00 PM - 8:00 PM
7:30 AM - 10:30 AM
Cancellation and prepayment policies vary according to accommodations type. Please enter the dates of your stay and check what conditions apply to your preferred room.
Children & Beds
Children of all ages are welcome.
Children 18 and above are considered adults at this property.
To see correct prices and occupancy info, add the number and ages of children in your group to your search.
Crib and extra bed policies
Prices for extra beds aren't included in the total price. They'll have to be paid for separately during your stay.
The number of extra beds allowed depends on the option you choose. Check your selected option for more info.
There are no cribs available at this property.
All extra beds are subject to availability.
No age restriction
There's no age requirement for check-in
Pets are not allowed.
The George Hotel accepts these cards and reserves the right to temporarily hold an amount prior to arrival.