The George Hotel
84 Queen Street, Portsmouth, Hampshire,, Portsmouth, PO1 3HU, United Kingdom –
Excellent location — rated 9.3/10! (score from 726 reviews)
Real guests • Real stays • Real opinions
Quintessentially English, our grade I listed pub with hotel rooms and restaurant is a real gem. The George Hotel has been a Public House since the 1780s, and is the last surviving eighteenth century Public House in Portsmouth. The delicious food at our restaurant is the talk of the town and along with our friendly staff, wonderful atmosphere and social environment, The George is the perfect choice for your trip to Portsmouth.
The George Hotel takes special requests - add in the next step!
Property surroundings –
- Portsmouth Harbour 0.2 miles
- National Museum of the Royal Navy 0.2 miles
- HMS Warrior 0.2 miles
- Mary Rose Museum 0.2 miles
- HMS Victory 0.3 miles
- Gunwharf Quays 0.3 miles
- Portsmouth Historic Dockyard 0.3 miles
- The University Library, University of Portsmouth 0.5 miles
- International College Portsmouth 0.5 miles
- Portsmouth Cathedral 0.6 miles
Most popular landmarks
- Portsmouth Central Library 0.6 miles
- Portsmouth Combined Courts Centre 0.7 miles
- University of Portsmouth 0.7 miles
- South and South East Magistrates Court 0.7 miles
- Magistrates Court 0.7 miles
- Spitbank Fort 2 miles
- Port Solent 3 miles
- Osborne House 8 miles
- Chichester Harbour 8.2 miles
- Calshot Castle 9.4 miles
- Southampton Airport 15.2 miles
- Bournemouth Airport 32.1 miles
- London Gatwick Airport 47.9 miles
What would you like to know?No thanks
Thank you for your time
Your feedback will help us improve this feature for all of our customersClose
We're sorry, but there was an error submitting your comment. Please try again.Retry
4 reasons to choose The George Hotel
Prices you can't beat!
Manage your bookings online
Booking is safe
Most popular facilities
Pets are not allowed.
Food & Drink
- Restaurant (à la carte)
Free! WiFi is available in all areas and is free of charge.
Public parking is possible at a location nearby (reservation is not possible) and costs GBP 5 per day.
- Trouser press
- Luggage storage
- Non-smoking throughout
- Non-smoking rooms
What topic(s) would you like to know more about?
Thanks for your help!
Your thoughts help us figure out what kind of information we should be asking properties for.Back to property
Sorry, but it seems like something went wrong in submitting this. Would you mind trying again?Retry
13:00 - 22:00
Until 11:00 hours
Cancellation and prepayment policies vary according to room type. Please enter the dates of your stay and check the conditions of your required room.
Children and extra beds
All children are welcome.
All children under 1 year stay free of charge when using existing beds.
There is no capacity for extra beds in the room.
Pets are not allowed.
Cards accepted at this property
Hover over the cards for more info.