The Square, Drymen, G63 0BH, United Kingdom –
Excellent location — rated 9.3/10! (score from 195 reviews)
Real guests • Real stays • Real opinions
This beautiful building was built by The Duke of Montrose in 1873 and has been run as a Guest House since 1995. It is situated in the heart of the village and has magnificent views over the Campsie hills and the Endrick valley. With ample parking and attractive gardens it really is the perfect place to stay.It was painstakingly renovated in 1995, ensuring that many of the original features were preserved (and adding central heating and double glazing!). It is a beautiful building, with large, bright rooms and fantastic views. It has spacious gardens, ample parking and is situated on the main square, within walking distance of all amenities.
Property surroundings – Guests loved walking around the neighbourhood!
- Balloch Castle Country Park 6.2 miles
- Loch Lomond Shores 7 miles
- Mugdock Country Park 8.5 miles
- Lake of Menteith 9.6 miles
- Auchentoshan Distillery 9.9 miles
- Dumbarton Castle 9.9 miles
- The Hill House 11.2 miles
- Balmore Golf Club Ltd 12 miles
- Xscape Braehead 12.5 miles
- Cawder Golf Club 13.3 miles
Most popular landmarks
- Loch Katrine 13.3 miles
- Braehead Arena 13.9 miles
- University of Glasgow 14.7 miles
- Kelvingrove Art Gallery and Museum 14.9 miles
- Sauchiehall Street 15.4 miles
- Ibrox Stadium 15.6 miles
- Glasgow Central Station 16 miles
- Glasgow Queen Street Station 16 miles
- George Square 16.1 miles
- Hampden Park 18.2 miles
Restaurants and markets
- Drymen Village shop Supermarket 0 miles
- Clachan Inn Restaurant 0 miles
- Stewarts of Drymen Cafe/bar 0 miles
- Skoosh Cafe/bar 0 miles
- The Drymen Inn Restaurant 0 miles
- Spar Supermarket 0 miles
- Glasgow Restaurant 15 miles
- Endrick River 1 miles
- Loch Lomond Lake 4 miles
- Ben Lomond Mountain 11 miles
- Lake of Monteith Lake 11 miles
- Clyde River 14 miles
- Ben Ann Mountain 15 miles
- Loch Katerine Lake 17 miles
- Ben Vorlich Mountain 20 miles
- Glasgow Airport 13.9 miles
- Glasgow Prestwick Airport 38.9 miles
- Edinburgh Airport 42.7 miles
What would you like to know?No thanks
Thank you for your time
Your feedback will help us improve this feature for all of our customersClose
We're sorry, but there was an error submitting your comment. Please try again.Retry
3 reasons to choose The Hawthorns
Why book with us
Prices you can't beat!
Manage your bookings online
Booking is safe
Most popular facilities
- Outdoor furniture
Pets are not allowed.
- Horse riding Off-site (Additional charge)
- Canoeing Off-site (Additional charge)
- Windsurfing Off-site (Additional charge)
- Fishing Off-site (Additional charge)
- Golf course (within 3 km) (Additional charge)
- Tennis court Off-site (Additional charge)
Food & Drink
- Chocolate or cookies
- Special diet menus (on request)
Free! WiFi is available in all areas and is free of charge.
Free! Free public parking is possible on site (reservation is not possible).
- Street parking
- Daily maid service
- Shared lounge/TV area
- Luggage storage
- Packed lunches
- Gift shop
Entertainment and family services
- Books, DVDs, music for children
- Board games/puzzles
- Non-smoking throughout
- Family rooms
- Non-smoking rooms
We're sorry to hear that...No thanks
Your feedback will help us to improve this feature for all of our customers.Close
Sorry, but it seems like something went wrong in submitting this. Would you mind trying again?Retry
16:00 - 18:00
07:00 - 10:00
Cancellation and prepayment policies vary according to room type. Please enter the dates of your stay and check the conditions of your required room.
Children and extra beds
All children are welcome.
There is no capacity for extra beds in the room.
Pets are not allowed.
The Hawthorns accepts these cards and reserves the right to temporarily hold an amount prior to arrival.