The Square, Drymen, G63 0BH, United Kingdom – Excellent location - show map
Excellent location — rated 9.5/10! (score from 125 reviews)
Real guests • Real stays • Real opinions
This beautiful building was built by The Duke of Montrose in 1873 and has been run as a Guest House since 1995. It is situated in the heart of the village and has magnificent views over the Campsie hills and the Endrick valley. With ample parking and attractive gardens it really is the perfect place to stay.It was painstakingly renovated in 1995, ensuring that many of the original features were preserved (and adding central heating and double glazing!). It is a beautiful building, with large, bright rooms and fantastic views. It has spacious gardens, ample parking and is situated on the main square, within walking distance of all amenities.
The Hawthorns takes special requests - add in the next step!
Property surroundings – Great location - show map
- Balloch Castle Country Park 6.2 miles
- Loch Lomond Shores 7 miles
- Mugdock Country Park 8.5 miles
- Lake of Menteith 9.6 miles
- Auchentoshan Distillery 9.9 miles
- The Hill House 11.2 miles
- Balmore Golf Club Ltd 12 miles
Restaurants and markets
- Drymen Village shop Supermarket 0 miles
- Clachan Inn Restaurant 0 miles
- Stewarts of Drymen Cafe/bar 0 miles
- Skoosh Cafe/bar 0 miles
- The Drymen Inn Restaurant 0 miles
- Spar Supermarket 0 miles
- Glasgow Restaurant 15 miles
- Endrick River 1 miles
- Loch Lomond Lake 4 miles
- Ben Lomond Mountain 11 miles
- Lake of Monteith Lake 11 miles
- Clyde River 14 miles
- Ben Ann Mountain 15 miles
- Loch Katerine Lake 17 miles
- Ben Vorlich Mountain 20 miles
- Glasgow Airport 13.9 miles
- Glasgow Prestwick Airport 38.9 miles
- Edinburgh Airport 42.7 miles
What would you like to know?No thanks
Thank you for your time
Your feedback will help us improve this feature for all of our customersClose
We're sorry, but there was an error submitting your comment. Please try again.Retry
4 reasons to choose The Hawthorns
Prices you can't beat!
Manage your bookings online
Booking is safe
Pets are not allowed.
- Horse riding Off-site (Additional charge)
- Canoeing Off-site (Additional charge)
- Windsurfing Off-site (Additional charge)
- Fishing Off-site (Additional charge)
- Golf course (within 3 km) (Additional charge)
- Tennis court Off-site (Additional charge)
Food & Drink
- Special diet menus (on request)
Free! WiFi is available in all areas and is free of charge.
Free! Free private parking is possible on site (reservation is not needed).
- Daily maid service
- Shared lounge/TV area
- Luggage storage
- Packed lunches
- Gift shop
Entertainment and family services
- Books, DVDs, music for children
- Board games/puzzles
- Non-smoking throughout
- Family rooms
- Non-smoking rooms
What topic(s) would you like to know more about?
Thanks for your help!
Your thoughts help us figure out what kind of information we should be asking properties for.Back to property
Sorry, but it seems like something went wrong in submitting this. Would you mind trying again?Retry
16:00 - 18:00
07:00 - 10:00
Cancellation and prepayment policies vary according to room type. Please enter the dates of your stay and check the conditions of your required room.
Children and extra beds
All children are welcome.
All children under 5 years stay free of charge when using existing beds.
All children under 2 years stay free of charge for children's cots/cribs.
The maximum number of children's cots/cribs in a room is 1.
Pets are not allowed.
Cards accepted at this property
Hover over the cards for more info.