The Square, Drymen, G63 0BH, United Kingdom –
Excellent location – rated 9.3/10! (score from 194 reviews)
Rated by guests after their stay at The Hawthorns.
This beautiful building was built by The Duke of Montrose in 1873 and has been run as a Guest House since 1995. It is situated in the heart of the village and has magnificent views over the Campsie hills and the Endrick valley. With ample parking and attractive gardens it really is the perfect place to stay.It was painstakingly renovated in 1995, ensuring that many of the original features were preserved (and adding central heating and double glazing!). It is a beautiful building, with large, bright rooms and fantastic views. It has spacious gardens, ample parking and is situated on the main square, within walking distance of all amenities.
Area Info – Guests loved walking around the neighborhood!
- Balloch Castle Country Park 6.2 miles
- Loch Lomond Shores 7 miles
- Mugdock Country Park 8.5 miles
- Lake of Menteith 9.6 miles
- Auchentoshan Distillery 9.9 miles
- Dumbarton Castle 9.9 miles
- The Hill House 11.2 miles
- Balmore Golf Club Ltd 12 miles
- Xscape Braehead 12.5 miles
- Cawder Golf Club 13.3 miles
Most Popular Landmarks
- Loch Katrine 13.3 miles
- Braehead Arena 13.9 miles
- University of Glasgow 14.7 miles
- Kelvingrove Art Gallery and Museum 14.9 miles
- Sauchiehall Street 15.4 miles
- Ibrox Stadium 15.6 miles
- Glasgow Central Station 16 miles
- Glasgow Queen Street Station 16 miles
- George Square 16.1 miles
- Hampden Park 18.2 miles
Restaurants & Markets
- Glasgow Restaurant 15 miles
- Drymen Village shop Supermarket 0 miles
- Clachan Inn Restaurant 0 miles
- Stewarts of Drymen Cafe/Bar 0 miles
- Skoosh Cafe/Bar 0 miles
- The Drymen Inn Restaurant 0 miles
- Spar Supermarket 0 miles
- Endrick River 1 miles
- Loch Lomond Lake 4 miles
- Ben Lomond Mountain 11 miles
- Lake of Monteith Lake 11 miles
- Clyde River 14 miles
- Ben Ann Mountain 15 miles
- Loch Katerine Lake 17 miles
- Ben Vorlich Mountain 20 miles
- Glasgow Airport 13.9 miles
- Glasgow Prestwick Airport 38.9 miles
- Edinburgh Airport 42.7 miles
What would you like to know?No thanks
Thank you for your time
Your feedback will help us improve this feature for all of our customersClose
We're sorry, but there was an error submitting your comment. Please try again.Retry
4 Reasons to Choose The Hawthorns
Why book with us?
Prices you can't beat!
Manage your bookings online
The staff speaks English
Booking is safe
Most Popular Facilities
- Outdoor Furniture
Pets are not allowed.
- Horseback Riding Off-site (additional charge)
- Canoeing Off-site (additional charge)
- Windsurfing Off-site (additional charge)
- Fishing Off-site (additional charge)
- Golf Course (within 2 miles) (additional charge)
- Tennis Court Off-site (additional charge)
Food & Drink
- Special Diet Meals (upon request)
Free! WiFi is available in all areas and is free of charge.
Free! Free private parking is available on site (reservation is not needed).
- Daily Housekeeping
- Shared Lounge/TV Area
- Baggage Storage
- Packed Lunches
- Souvenir/Gift Shop
Entertainment & Family Services
- Books, DVDs, Music for Kids
- Board Games/Puzzles
- All Spaces Non-Smoking (public and private)
- Family Rooms
- Non-smoking Rooms
What topic(s) do you want to know more about?
Thanks for your help!
Your opinion helps us figure out what kinds of info we should ask properties for.Back to property
Whoops! It looks like something went wrong submitting this. Try again?Retry
4:00 PM - 6:00 PM
7:00 AM - 10:00 AM
Cancellation and prepayment policies vary according to room type. Please enter the dates of your stay and check what conditions apply to your preferred room.
Children and Extra Beds
All children are welcome.
There is no capacity for extra beds in the room.
Pets are not allowed.
The Hawthorns accepts these cards and reserves the right to temporarily hold an amount prior to arrival.