19 Hillside Crescent, Edinburgh, EH7 5EB, United Kingdom – Excellent location - show map
Excellent location — rated 9.4/10! (score from 115 reviews)
Real guests • Real stays • Real opinions
There was a problem loading the reviews.
Experience world-class service at The Hedges
Situated in Edinburgh and with Edinburgh Playhouse reachable within 600 metres, The Hedges features a garden, non-smoking rooms, free WiFithroughout the property and a terrace. This 5-star guest house offers luggage storage space and daily maid service. National Museum of Scotland is 2 km from the guest house and The Real Mary King's Close is 1.7 km away. The guest house offers some rooms with garden views, and rooms are equipped with a private bathroom. Popular points of interest near The Hedges include Edinburgh Waverley station, Royal Mile and Camera Obscura and World of Illusions. The nearest airport is Edinburgh Airport, 10 km from the accommodation.
This is our guests' favourite part of Edinburgh, according to independent reviews.
Couples particularly like the location — they rated it 9.5 for a two-person trip.The Hedges has been welcoming Booking.com guests since 26 Aug 2021.
Distance in property description is calculated using © OpenStreetMap
- Free WiFi
- Non-smoking rooms
See what guests loved the most:
- LouiseUnited Kingdom“We loved staying at the hedges we had a lovely welcome and shown to our beautiful room. The homemade short bread and whisky was such a nice touch. The room was very clean and had everything you need for your stay and the bed was really comfy ! We...”
- BeverleyUnited Kingdom“They went out of their way to make our stay perfect - providing any extras we asked for & recommending places to eat etc. They don’t provide breakfast but there are lots of good places within walking distance.”
- LaurenUnited Kingdom“The location was great - between 15 and 30 minutes walk into the town centre. But just out of the way, in a really lovely, quiet location The rooms were done very nicely and there were lots of thoughtful touches. Yvonne and Paul were such lovely...”
- ArmstrongUnited Kingdom“Small, boutique guest house which felt so personal.”
- JayneUnited Kingdom“Lovely, friendly service provided by owners. Beautiful room”
- Minami“The house and the room were elegant. We are warmed by all the thoughtful preparation. Perfect location, very quiet but convenient to all the attractions. Yvonne and Paul are really friendly and helpful. We enjoyed our stay so much.”
- KarenAustralia“Hosts were exceptionally friendly and helpful. Rooms were clean and tidy. Great location.”
- DDavidCanada“Paul and Yvonne were great hosts and were able to honor our request of an early check in. Place was quiet and in walking distance to attractions.”
- ChristinaIreland“Beds were super comfy. We were given homemade shortbread, some whisky, fresh milk for tea and gorgeous pillow spray. My only complaint is that my husband ate all the shortbread!”
- MarjanNetherlands“Super!!! Perfect stay! We had a very nice welcome from Yvonne & Paul! They do everything to feel you at home! Super clean and a lot of attention with little things! Thanks!!!”
Property questions and answersBrowse questions from guests for anything extra you want to know about the propertyThe property usually replies within a few days
What floor are the rooms on? Is there a lift?Hi, The Hedges rooms are all on the ground floor so there is no need for a lift, the rooms are accessible to all persons Thank you for your question YvonneAnswered on 17 March 2022
Hi there, I have a stay booked for tomorrow - Will there be an iron in the room? And please can I have the postcode for the car park that’s £2/dayHi, we can lend you an iron and ironing board. The parking is off street and is £2 an hour until 5:30 pm on a friday and free the remainder of the w..Answered on 18 November 2021
I see in January you said to a question you were not offering breakfast are you going to be changing that anytime soon?Hi Not at the momentAnswered on 30 April 2022
How far to walk to the castle Is breakfast includedHi We are around 10 / 15 minutes walk to the Castle, our rates have been set not to include breakfast at this uncertain time to keep all our guests safe.Answered on 11 January 2022
Hello, my scheduled arrival time at the airport is 19:00, therefore check-in by 20:00 can be a challenging one. Is there possibility to check-in sligh..Hi Yes that would be ok YvonneAnswered on 30 March 2023
Since you do not offer breakfast, can you please tell me how far away the nearest available breakfast might be?Hi We are 100 meters from cafes thst serve breakfastAnswered on 2 September 2023
- Still looking?
Property surroundings *
Facilities of The HedgesGreat facilities! Review score, 9.5
- Free WiFi
- Non-smoking rooms
- Private bathroom
- Outdoor furniture
- Sun terrace
- Golf course (within 3 km)Additional charge
- Street parking
- Daily housekeeping
- Luggage storage
- Fire extinguishers
- Smoke alarms
- Adult only
- Non-smoking throughout
- Non-smoking rooms
From 15:00 to 20:00
From 08:00 to 10:00
Cancellation and prepayment policies vary according to accommodation type. Please enter the dates of your stay and check the conditions of your required room.
Children and beds
Children are not allowed.
Cot and extra bed policies
Cots and extra beds are not available at this property.
The minimum age for check-in is 18
Cash is not accepted The Hedges accepts these cards and reserves the right to temporarily hold an amount prior to arrival.
Smoking is not allowed.
Parties/events are not allowed
Guests must be quiet between 20:00 and 07:00.
Pets are not allowed.
FAQs about The Hedges
The Hedges offers the following activities / services (charges may apply):
- Golf course (within 3 km)
Room options at The Hedges include:
The prices at The Hedges may vary depending on your stay (e.g. dates you select, hotel's policy etc.). See the prices by entering your dates.
Check-in at The Hedges is from 15:00, and check-out is until 10:00.
The Hedges is 0.9 miles from the centre of Edinburgh. All distances are measured in straight lines. Actual travel distances may vary.