Prices you can't beat!
Booking is safe
Manage your bookings online
The staff speaks English
The Imperial Hotel
Taw Vale Parade, Barnstaple, EX32 8NB, United Kingdom – Excellent location – show map
Excellent location – rated 9.2/10! (score from 854 reviews)
Real guests • Real stays • Real opinions
You're eligible for a Genius discount at The Imperial Hotel! To save at this property, all you have to do is sign in.
The 4-star Imperial Hotel is located in the center of Barnstaple, overlooking the River Taw. There is a formal restaurant serving 2 and 4-course dinner, as well as relaxed dining in our Colors Bar and terrace lounge.
The Imperial Hotel offers free parking and is only a 10-minute drive from the beautiful North Devon coast. The coastal village of Clovelly, with its 14th-century harbor, and the beautiful Lynton and Lynmouth coast are also nearby.
Spend a few relaxing moments during morning coffee or afternoon tea, and make the most of the hotels service, where guests' comfort is of paramount importance.
Couples in particular like the location – they rated it 9.2 for a two-person trip.
Most popular amenities
4 reasons to choose The Imperial Hotel
- do you have a room with a walk in shower a necessity for us, also with a view?Hello, We have 2 Deluxe rooms with walk in showers and a view. And a Superior Double with a view, walk in shower and balcony. 211 has a step up to the...Answered on April 7, 2022
- Please ask your staff to wear their face shields correctly - they are putting people at risk by not covering their nose and mouth.Thank you for your feedback, this will be passed on to the staff.Answered on August 19, 2020
- Can we bring our small Jack Russell?Good evening We do have rooms in our River court building that allow our guests to bring dog with them. The dog would be charged at £10 per night. we...Answered on October 11, 2020
- Hi which room is bookable where dogs are allowed please ? I am looking for a room from the 9th July to the 12th for my partners birthday ,We recommend calling the hotel prior to booking to discuss availability as we only have 8 rooms which accept dogs in our Rivercourt building. Dogs are...Answered on June 6, 2021
- Good evening do you have secure storage for 4 bikes overnight Thankyou NickiHello, Thank you for your question. Yes we do, we can put them in the garage.Answered on April 7, 2022
- Still looking?
The Arlington Restaurant
Most popular amenities
3:00 PM - 12:00 AM
Guests are required to show a photo ID and credit card at check-in
7:00 AM - 11:00 AM
Cancellation and prepayment policies vary according to accommodations type. Please enter the dates of your stay and check what conditions apply to your preferred room.
Children & Beds
Children of all ages are welcome.
Children 18 and above are considered adults at this property.
To see correct prices and occupancy info, add the number and ages of children in your group to your search.
Crib and extra bed policies
There's no capacity for cribs at this property.
This property doesn't offer extra beds.
No age restriction
There's no age requirement for check-in
Pets are not allowed.
The Imperial Hotel accepts these cards and reserves the right to temporarily hold an amount prior to arrival.
The fine print
Please note a selection of the hotel's rooms are located within the grounds of the hotel in its Rivercourt Building and are accessed via a separate entrance.
Please note children are charged at £15 per child per night and this is not included in the total cost. Also if you would like to bring a dog please call the hotel to discuss room types.
Due to the coronavirus (COVID-19), make sure you're booking this property in accordance with the destination's local government guidelines, including (but not limited to) the purpose of travel and maximum group size.
In response to the coronavirus (COVID-19), additional safety and sanitation measures are in effect at this property.
Food and beverage services at this property may be limited or unavailable due to the coronavirus (COVID-19).
Due to the coronavirus (COVID-19), this property is taking steps to protect the safety of guests and staff. Certain services and amenities may be reduced or unavailable as a result.
Due to the coronavirus (COVID-19), wearing a face mask is mandatory in all indoor common areas.
Please inform The Imperial Hotel of your expected arrival time in advance. You can use the Special Requests box when booking, or contact the property directly using the contact details in your confirmation.
Guests are required to show a photo ID and credit card upon check-in. Please note that all Special Requests are subject to availability and additional charges may apply.
FAQs about The Imperial Hotel
From the nearest airport, you can get to The Imperial Hotel by:
- Car 1h
The Imperial Hotel offers the following activities/services (charges may apply):
The prices at The Imperial Hotel may vary depending on your stay (e.g. dates, hotel's policy etc.). To see prices, enter your dates.
Room options at The Imperial Hotel include:
The Imperial Hotel has 1 restaurant:
- The Arlington Restaurant
The Imperial Hotel is 1,500 feet from the center of Barnstaple.
Guests staying at The Imperial Hotel can enjoy a highly-rated breakfast during their stay (guest review score: 9.1).
Breakfast option(s) include:
- Full English/Irish
- À la carte
Check-in at The Imperial Hotel is from 3:00 PM, and check-out is until 11:00 AM.