Prices you can't beat!
Booking is safe
Manage your bookings online
The staff speaks English
The Kings Head Hotel
8 High Street, Ross on Wye, HR9 5HL, United Kingdom – Excellent location – show map
Excellent location – rated 9.3/10! (score from 957 reviews)
Real guests • Real stays • Real opinions
Located in the most picturesque street in the market town of Ross-on-Wye, this 14th century hotel maintains many of its original features, including oak beams and a large stone fireplace.
Located on either the first or second floor, all rooms feature an private bathroom and tea and coffee facilities. Free filtered water is also provided, and rooms have free Wi-Fi. There is free parking available on site.
The restaurant is also open to non residents and is extremely popular in the local area. It features a 62 foot well as its centerpiece, and uses fresh market produce. The Kings Bar has a good range of single malts, wines and 2 local real ales.
A great location for exploring The Wye Valley, Black Mountains, Tintern Abbey and Symonds Yat, the hotel is within a 40 minute drive of Cardiff and Cheltenham. Goodrich Castle, The Forest of Dean and The Welsh Marches are also easily accessible for day trips.
Couples in particular like the location – they rated it 9.3 for a two-person trip.
Most popular amenities
4 reasons to choose The Kings Head Hotel
- I’m looking to stay for 3 nights in end of April however I’m worried about parking What happens if there are no places to park in your car park ?We have our own car park behind the hotel, which normally has enough capacity. There is a public car park behind our car parkAnswered on March 9, 2020
- I note that dogs are accepted. Are they allowed in the bar area and in the breakfast room please?Dogs are allowed in the bar and library. Breakfast can be served in the library, on request. Dogs are not allowed in the restaurantAnswered on June 21, 2021
- Is there a gardenWe have a small patio area behind the hotelAnswered on November 1, 2019
- Are well behaved dogs allowed in the room/building and what is the additional charge for bringing a pet?dogs are allowed in the bar, library and guest bedrooms, subject to a £5 charge and prior notificationAnswered on May 10, 2021
- Hi by any chance does the building have a lift thanksThe hotel does not have a lift, all rooms are on first or second floor. Our stairs are not suitable for guests with mobility issuesAnswered on May 10, 2021
- Still looking?
Most popular amenities
3:30 PM - 9:30 PM
7:30 AM - 11:00 AM
Cancellation and prepayment policies vary according to accommodations type. Please enter the dates of your stay and check what conditions apply to your preferred room.
Children & Beds
Children not allowed.
Crib and extra bed policies
There's no capacity for cribs at this property.
This property doesn't offer extra beds.
The minimum age for check-in is 18
Pets are allowed. Charges may apply.
The Kings Head Hotel accepts these cards and reserves the right to temporarily hold an amount prior to arrival.
The fine print
Reservations for the restaurant are necessary. To guarantee a reservation at the restaurant please contact the hotel in advance to reserve a table, once you have booked your room. Bar meals are not served on Friday and Saturday nights or when the restaurant is very busy.
In response to the coronavirus (COVID-19), additional safety and sanitation measures are in effect at this property.
Food and beverage services at this property may be limited or unavailable due to the coronavirus (COVID-19).
Due to the coronavirus (COVID-19), this property is taking steps to protect the safety of guests and staff. Certain services and amenities may be reduced or unavailable as a result.
Due to the coronavirus (COVID-19), this property has reduced reception and service hours.
Due to coronavirus (COVID-19), this property adheres to strict physical distancing measures.
Due to the coronavirus (COVID-19), wearing a face mask is mandatory in all indoor common areas.
It's not possible to stay at this property for coronavirus (COVID-19) quarantine purposes.
Please inform The Kings Head Hotel of your expected arrival time in advance. You can use the Special Requests box when booking, or contact the property directly using the contact details in your confirmation.
FAQs about The Kings Head Hotel
Room options at The Kings Head Hotel include:
The Kings Head Hotel has 1 restaurant:
The prices at The Kings Head Hotel may vary depending on your stay (e.g. dates, hotel's policy etc.). To see prices, enter your dates.
The Kings Head Hotel offers the following activities/services (charges may apply):
Guests staying at The Kings Head Hotel can enjoy a highly-rated breakfast during their stay (guest review score: 9.2).
Breakfast option(s) include:
- Full English/Irish
- À la carte
Check-in at The Kings Head Hotel is from 3:30 PM, and check-out is until 11:00 AM.
The Kings Head Hotel is 0.8 miles from the center of Ross on Wye.
Yes, The Kings Head Hotel is popular with guests booking family stays.