Plasglasgwm, Penmachno, Betws-y-coed, LL24 0PU, United Kingdom –
Excellent location – rated 9.8/10! (score from 60 reviews)
Rated by guests after their stay at The Lodge.
Once a working farm, Plasglasgwm is an historic farm dating back to 1573, when the original house and adjacent barn were built. Once owned by the National Trust, the house & barns have undergone complete renovation over the last 25 years by the present owners, providing both a home and more recently guest accommodation for visitors to Snowdonia. Recently completed works include the renovation & conversion of the lower barn to a coffee shop for residents and passing walkers, with plans for glamping in the original pigsties and more luxury accommodation in the hay loft and cow shed in the pipeline. The lodge itself forms part of the outlying farm outbuildings built in the 19th century. A converted long barn, the lodge offers luxury accommodation for 6 guests, great for families & friends alike. The perfect rural retreat with all the luxury of a hotel – slumber beneath Egyptian cotton sheets and relax on comfy sofas in this authentic period farm holding.
Area Info –
- Gwydir Castle 6.6 miles
- Dolwyddelan Castle 6.8 miles
- Brecon Mountain Railway 8.9 miles
- Snowdon 10.5 miles
- Snowdon Mountain Railway 13.2 miles
- Llanberis lake railway 13.2 miles
- Bodnant Garden 13.7 miles
- Dolbadarn Castle 13.9 miles
- Portmeirion 14 miles
- Harlech Castle 16.3 miles
Most Popular Landmarks
- Bangor Cathedral 18 miles
- Beaumaris Castle 19.1 miles
- Shell Island 19.9 miles
Restaurants & Markets
- Ty Gwyn Hotel, Betws y Coed Restaurant 4 miles
- The Waterloo Hotel, Betws y Coed Restaurant 4 miles
- Betws Bistro Restaurant 4 miles
- Alpine Cafe, Betws y Coed Cafe/Bar 4 miles
- Spar Tan Dderwen, Betws y Coed Supermarket 4 miles
- La Barrica, Llanrwst Cafe/Bar 9 miles
- Co-operative, Llanrwst Supermarket 9 miles
- Llanrwst - Tuesdays Market 9 miles
- Conwy River 4 miles
- Llugwy River 4 miles
- Llyn Elysi Lake 10 miles
- Tryfan Mountain 15 miles
- Glydyrs Mountain 15 miles
- Llyn Ogwen Lake 15 miles
- Snowdon Mountain 17 miles
- Irish Sea Ocean/Sea 21 miles
- Liverpool John Lennon Airport 45.4 miles
What would you like to know?No thanks
Thank you for your time
Your feedback will help us improve this feature for all of our customersClose
We're sorry, but there was an error submitting your comment. Please try again.Retry
5 Reasons to Choose The Lodge
Why book with us?
Prices you can't beat!
Manage your bookings online
The staff speaks English
Booking is safe
Most Popular Facilities
Pets are not allowed.
- Bicycle Rental (additional charge)
Free! WiFi is available in all areas and is free of charge.
Free! Free private parking is available on site (reservation is not needed).
- All Spaces Non-Smoking (public and private)
- Non-Smoking Rooms
What topic(s) do you want to know more about?
Thanks for your help!
Your opinion helps us figure out what kinds of info we should ask properties for.Back to property
Whoops! It looks like something went wrong submitting this. Try again?Retry
From 4:00 PM
Until 10:30 AM
Cancellation and prepayment policies vary according to room type. Please enter the dates of your stay and check what conditions apply to your preferred room.
Children and Extra Beds
All children are welcome.
All children or adults stay free of charge for extra beds.
The maximum number of extra beds in a room is 1.
Any type of extra bed is upon request and needs to be confirmed by management.
Pets are not allowed.
When booking for more than 6 people, different policies and additional supplements may apply.
Debit card The Lodge accepts these cards and reserves the right to temporarily hold an amount prior to arrival.
Please note that self-catering breakfast packs can be provided on request.
Guests are recommended to travel using their own transport as the property is located in a rural area, with limited public transport.
If you wish to arrange mountain bike hire during your stay, please contact the owners before your arrival.