46 Old Hunstanton Road, Hunstanton, PE36 6HX, United Kingdom – Excellent location - show map
Excellent location — rated 9.1/10! (score from 233 reviews)
Real guests • Real stays • Real opinions
How guest reviews work
Each review score is between 1-10. To get the overall score that you see, we add up all the review scores we’ve received and divide that total by the number of review scores we’ve received. In addition, guests can give separate ‘subscores’ in crucial areas, such as location, cleanliness, staff, comfort, facilities, value for money and free Wi-Fi. Note that guests submit their subscores and their overall scores independently, so there’s no direct link between them.
You can review an Accommodation that you booked through our Platform if you stayed there or if you arrived at the property but didn’t actually stay there. To edit a review you’ve already submitted, please contact our Customer Service team.
We have people and automated systems that specialise in detecting fake reviews submitted to our Platform. If we find any, we delete them and, if necessary, take action against whoever is responsible.
Anyone else who spots something suspicious can always report it to our Customer Service team, so our Fraud team can investigate.
Ideally, we would publish every review we receive, whether positive or negative. However, we won’t display any review that includes or refers to (among other things):
- Politically sensitive comments
- Promotional content
- Illegal activities
- Personal or sensitive information (e.g. emails, phone numbers or credit card info)
- Swear words, sexual references, hate speech, discriminatory remarks, threats, or references to violence
- Spam and fake content
- Animal cruelty
- Impersonation (e.g. if the writer is claiming to be someone else)
- Any violation of our review guidelines.
To make sure reviews are relevant, we may only accept reviews that are submitted within 3 months of checking out, and we may stop showing reviews once they’re 36 months old – or if the Accommodation has a change of ownership.
An Accommodation may choose to reply to a review.
When you see multiple reviews, the most recent ones will be at the top, subject to a few other factors (what language a review is in, whether it’s just a rating or contains comments as well, etc.). If you like, you can sort and/or filter them (by time of year, review score, etc.).
We sometimes show external review scores from other well-known travel websites. We make it clear when we’ve done this.
Guidelines and standards for Reviews
These guidelines and standards aim to keep the content on Booking.com relevant and family-friendly without limiting expression of strong opinions. They are also applicable regardless of the sentiment of the comment.
Contributions should be travel related. The most helpful contributions are detailed and help others make better decisions. Please don’t include personal, political, ethical, or religious commentary. Promotional content will be removed and issues concerning Booking.com’s services should be routed to our Customer Service or Accommodation Service teams.
Contributions should be appropriate for a global audience. Please avoid using profanity or attempts to approximate profanity with creative spelling, in any language. Comments and media that include 'hate speech', discriminatory remarks, threats, sexually explicit remarks, violence, and the promotion of illegal activity are not permitted.
All content should be genuine and unique to the guest. Reviews are most valuable when they are original and unbiased. Your contribution should be yours. Booking.com property partners should not post on behalf of guests or offer incentives in exchange for reviews. Attempts to bring down the rating of a competitor by submitting a negative review will not be tolerated.
Respect the privacy of others. Booking.com will make an effort to obscure email addresses, telephone numbers, website addresses, social media accounts, and similar details.
The opinions expressed in contributions are those of Booking.com customers and properties and not of Booking.com. Booking.com does not accept responsibility or liability for any reviews or responses. Booking.com is a distributor (without any obligation to verify) and not a publisher of these comments and responses.
By default, reviews are sorted based on the date of the review and on additional criteria to display the most relevant reviews, including but not limited to: your language, reviews with text, and non-anonymous reviews. Additional sorting options may be available (by type of traveller, by score, etc.).
This service may contain translations powered by Google. Google disclaims all warranties related to the translations, express or implied, including any warranties of accuracy, reliability, and any implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose and non-infringement.
There was a problem loading the reviews.
The elegant rooms at The Lodge are individually furnished and have modern en suite bathrooms. All rooms offer wide-screen TVs, and tea and coffee facilities. Many rooms have impressive sea views across roof tops, as well as seating areas.
The stylish restaurant serves a modern British menu and seasonal specials using fresh local produce. The contemporary bar offers snacks, as well as the full menu and popular beverages. There is also an extensive range of wines by the glass, real ales and lagers.
The Lodge is 550 yards from Old Hunstanton Golf Course. The famous Norfolk Coastal Paths are nearby and Hunstanton’s new town and lively nightlife are just over a mile away.
Couples particularly like the location — they rated it 9.0 for a two-person trip.The Lodge has been welcoming Booking.com guests since 4 Oct 2010.
Select dates to see this property's availability and prices
- Hi . We are wanting to stay in the nicest room you have , that allows one very well behaved dog. Date wanted weekend July 10th fri to sun . What is th..Good morning, Unfortunately we do not have any dog friendly rooms left for those dates. If you were to book with us a superior courtyard.Answered on 22 June 2020
- we want a shower in our room - also have a dog - will that be extraThat is fine, if you pop a message with both when booking and a charge of £20.00 per Dog per stay is charged yesAnswered on 13 January 2020
- Hi there, We're thinking of booking a long weekend at your hotel and wondered if you have an external electrical socket for charging an electric car? ..Hello, yes indeed we have a external 13A socket at the front of the building, free of charge for guests. Kind regards, GavinAnswered on 10 November 2020
- When is the best time to visit your property for the perfect beach holiday?Old Hunstanton beach is perfect all year round. The weather can be temperamental but Easter to beginning of September is normally the best.Answered on 11 September 2019
- Hi is the parking limited ? Or is there plenty of space ?Good Evening. There is plenty of car park space, at the front and at the rear of the hotel. Many thanks, AnaAnswered on 24 October 2021
- Still looking?
- Open forBreakfast • Brunch • Lunch • Dinner • High tea
- AmbianceFamily friendly • Modern
- Dietary optionsVegan • Gluten-free • Dairy-free
- Toilet paper
- Bath or shower
- Private bathroom
- Free toiletries
- Wardrobe or closet
- Outdoor furniture
- Sun terrace
- Electric kettle
- Socket near the bed
- Live sport events (broadcast)
- Live music/performance
- Children's playground
- Golf course (within 3 km)Additional charge
- Flat-screen TV
- Wine/champagneAdditional charge
- Kid mealsAdditional charge
- Special diet menus (on request)
- Snack bar
- Breakfast in the room
- Tea/Coffee maker
- Accessible parking
- Luggage storage
- Kids' outdoor play equipment
- Board games/puzzles
- Daily housekeeping
- LaundryAdditional charge
- Fax/photocopyingAdditional charge
- Meeting/banquet facilities
- Fire extinguishers
- CCTV outside property
- CCTV in common areas
- Smoke alarms
- Security alarm
- Key access
- Pet bowls
- Shared lounge/TV area
- Designated smoking area
- Non-smoking throughout
- Packed lunches
- Family rooms
- Facilities for disabled guests
- Non-smoking rooms
- Room service
From 15:00 to 22:00
From 07:30 to 10:30
Cancellation and prepayment policies vary according to accommodation type. Please enter the dates of your stay and check the conditions of your required room.
Children and beds
Children of any age are welcome.
To see correct prices and occupancy information, please add the number of children in your group and their ages to your search.
Cot and extra bed policies
Cots and extra beds are not available at this property.
No age restriction
There is no age requirement for check-in
Pets are not allowed.
Cash The Lodge accepts these cards and reserves the right to temporarily hold an amount prior to arrival.
FAQs about The Lodge
The nearest beach is just 550 yards from The Lodge.
Check-in at The Lodge is from 15:00, and check-out is until 10:30.
The prices at The Lodge may vary depending on your stay (e.g. dates you select, hotel's policy etc.). See the prices by entering your dates.
The Lodge has 1 restaurant:
The Lodge is 1 miles from the centre of Hunstanton.
Room options at The Lodge include:
The Lodge offers the following activities / services (charges may apply):
- Children's playground
- Golf course (within 3 km)
- Live music/performance
- Live sport events (broadcast)