20 -21 Newman Street, Westminster Borough, London, W1T 1PG, United Kingdom – Excellent location – show map – Subway Access
Excellent location – rated 9.5/10! (score from 959 reviews)
Real guests • Real stays • Real opinions
Stay in the heart of London – Excellent location – show map
Set within a 2-minute walk from Oxford Street in central London, The Mandrake is a luxury lifestyle hotel featuring eclectic, vibrant interiors and a carefully-curated private art collection. Free WiFi is offered throughout.
The Mandrake features 30 stylish bedrooms, with three luxury suites and a penthouse. The rooms are set across four floors, rising up from the central courtyard surrounded by hanging gardens of jasmine and passion flower.
The Mandrake has the Jurema Terrace, which is an outdoor dining restaurant and YOPO Restaurant and Bar which is an indoor restaurant serving a Latin American menu with influences from South America. And the YOPO bar where guests can enjoy botanical-based house cocktails created by the expert team of mixologists.
There is also a Members Only Bar at the hotel with live music and DJs from Thursday through Saturday and rooms may be affected by noise.
The Mandrake is 2,150 feet from The British Museum and 0.8 mi from Covent Garden. The London West End, with its numerous theaters, bars and shops, is within a 15-minute walk from the property.
This is our guests' favorite part of London, according to independent reviews.
Couples in particular like the location – they rated it 9.5 for a two-person trip.
Most popular amenities
- How can you guarantee a bath in your private bathroom instead of a showerHi, You cannot guarantee this as such, but you can request this and we will do our utmost to accommodate the request. It is most unusual for us to no..Answered on January 9, 2020
- Do you offer parking ?Thank you for getting in touch. We do not have an onsite car park, I recommend the below car park as the best local one: Q-Park Soho – 6 minute walk ..Answered on September 15, 2020
- Hi,is it allowed to smoke in my room or in room terrace?Hello, smoking is allowed in our JUREMA Terrace, WAESKA Courtyard and in the balconies of our Terrace Rooms.Answered on August 6, 2021
- Hi , your mandrake room looks onto the Newman passage, will this mean we have someone walking past our bedroom window ?Hello, Thank you for your enquire. Our Mandrake Rooms are not on the ground floor. The are on our 1st and 2nd floors.Answered on June 22, 2021
- Do you have tea and coffee making facilities in your rooms?Yes, we do have tea and coffee making facilities in rooms.Answered on February 11, 2022
- Still looking?
Food: Latin American
Most popular amenities
3:00 PM - 12:00 AM
12:00 AM - 11:00 AM
Cancellation and prepayment policies vary according to accommodations type. Please enter the dates of your stay and check what conditions apply to your preferred room.
Children & Beds
Children not allowed.
Crib and extra bed policies
Cribs and extra beds aren't available at this property.
The minimum age for check-in is 18
Pets are allowed. Charges may apply.
When booking more than 5 rooms, different policies and additional supplements may apply.
The Mandrake accepts these cards and reserves the right to temporarily hold an amount prior to arrival.
The fine print
This property might host on-site functions, so noise may be audible in some rooms.
This property is located in a busy area so guests might experience some noise.
FAQs about The Mandrake
Room options at The Mandrake include:
The Mandrake has 1 restaurant:
From the nearest airport, you can get to The Mandrake by:
- Car 45min
The Mandrake offers the following activities/services (charges may apply):
- Temporary art galleries
- Spa/Wellness packages
- Live music/Performance
Guests staying at The Mandrake can enjoy a highly-rated breakfast during their stay (guest review score: 7.8).
Breakfast option(s) include:
- Full English/Irish
- À la carte
Check-in at The Mandrake is from 3:00 PM, and check-out is until 11:00 AM.
The prices at The Mandrake may vary depending on your stay (e.g. dates, hotel's policy etc.). To see prices, enter your dates.
The Mandrake is 0.8 miles from the center of London.