Prices you can't beat!
Booking is safe
Manage your bookings online
The staff speaks English
Upper Street Layham, Ipswich, IP7 5JZ, United Kingdom – Excellent location – show map
Excellent location – rated 9.1/10! (score from 214 reviews)
Real guests • Real stays • Real opinions
Located in the picturesque village of Layham on the edge of Dedham Vale, The Marquis is a refurbished 16th century building boasting views across the Brett river and offers easy access to the A12.
The spacious rooms with attached bathroom and suites all include a work desk and chairs, a flat-screen TV with satellite channels, bathrobes, hairdryer, a Nespresso coffee machine with free tea/coffee, complimentary toiletries, free WiFi throughout and free on-site parking.
The Marquis Hotel's restaurant consists of a cozy bar, fireplaces, seating areas and 2 patios where guests can enjoy views of the surrounding area. The restaurant offers international cuisine and a wide variety of wines from the cellar.
Ipswich is 9.9 mi from The Marquis, while historic Colchester with its Norman castle is 12 mi away. The area is popular for walking and golfing, with Hintlesham Golf Club only 5.5 mi away. The nearest airport is London Stansted Airport, 32 mi from The Marquis.
Couples in particular like the location – they rated it 9.2 for a two-person trip.
Most popular amenities
4 reasons to choose The Marquis
- Hi is there air conditioning in the roomsGood morning, We offer freestanding air conditioning units. Kind regards The Marquis teamAnswered on September 16, 2021
- Hello, we travel with a 1 year old baby, will it be possible to provide cot (or possible for us to put our own cot up?)Hi, we do have cots that we can place in the room for you if required, just let us know when you book and we will arrange it for you.Answered on March 17, 2021
- If i wanted a room with a large bathtub which room would i need to book?Thank you for your message! We have 2 rooms with free standing bathtubs: Room 3 (which is called Suite with Garden View) or Room 8 (which is called ...Answered on February 19, 2020
- what is the policy regarding pets?Thank you for your enquiry! We don't allow pets in our hotel rooms, only our bar area and patio areas.Answered on December 17, 2021
- Do you offer room service for dinner & breakfast?We offer room service for dinner, lunch, breakfast and drinks.Answered on May 5, 2021
- Still looking?
Open for: Breakfast, Brunch, Lunch, Dinner
Most popular amenities
4:00 PM - 11:30 PM
Guests are required to show a photo ID and credit card at check-in
7:00 AM - 11:00 AM
Cancellation and prepayment policies vary according to accommodations type. Please enter the dates of your stay and check what conditions apply to your preferred room.
Children & Beds
Children of all ages are welcome.
Children 18 and above are considered adults at this property.
To see correct prices and occupancy info, add the number and ages of children in your group to your search.
Crib and extra bed policies
Crib by request
Extra bed by request
|£50 per person, per night|
Additional fees are not calculated automatically in the total cost and will have to be paid for separately during your stay.
The maximum number of extra beds and cribs allowed depends on the room you choose. Double-check your selected room for the maximum capacity.
All cribs and extra beds are subject to availability.
No age restriction
There's no age requirement for check-in
Pets are not allowed.
The Marquis accepts these cards and reserves the right to temporarily hold an amount prior to arrival.
The fine print
Check-in time is from 15:00 until 20:00 on the day of arrival. If you expect to arrive outside reception opening hours, please inform The Marquis in advance.
Check-out time is up until 11:00. If you depart after this time late check-out fees would apply starting from GBP 35.
An extra bed is available and is an electric blowup mattress.
" Please note that construction work is taking place on site (from 24th of January 2022 to 31st of December 2023) and some rooms may be affected by noise."
Guests will be required to provide a £25 pre authorization upon Check In. This will require a Credit/Debit Card.
Guests are required to show a photo ID and credit card upon check-in. Please note that all Special Requests are subject to availability and additional charges may apply.
FAQs about The Marquis
From the nearest airport, you can get to The Marquis by:
- Car 1h
The prices at The Marquis may vary depending on your stay (e.g. dates, hotel's policy etc.). To see prices, enter your dates.
Check-in at The Marquis is from 4:00 PM, and check-out is until 11:00 AM.
The Marquis offers the following activities/services (charges may apply):
- Golf course (within 2 miles)
- Live sports events (broadcast)
- Walking tours
The Marquis is 8.1 miles from the center of Ipswich.
Room options at The Marquis include:
The Marquis has 1 restaurant: