Prices you can't beat!
Booking is safe
Manage your bookings online
The staff speaks English
The North Hill Hotel
51 North Hill, Colchester, CO1 1PY, United Kingdom – Excellent location – show map
Excellent location – rated 9.2/10! (score from 592 reviews)
Real guests • Real stays • Real opinions
You're eligible for a Genius discount at The North Hill Hotel! To save at this property, all you have to do is sign in.
Colchester’s North Hill Hotel provides luxurious bed and breakfast in Britain’s oldest town. Just off the High Street and 4 minutes’ drive from the train station, its well-appointed rooms and suites are complemented by a high-quality bistro restaurant.
Each room at the North Hill Hotel has a wardrobe, desk, flat-screen TV, telephone and tea and coffee facilities. The en suite shower room includes a hairdryer and complementary toiletries.
The hotel’s Green Room Bistro showcases produce from the region, including seafood from the east coast. Steaks, duck, chicken and fish dishes are followed by decadent desserts on the dinner menu.
Central London is around 50 minutes from Colchester, with regular direct train services running to Liverpool Street. The Essex and Suffolk coast is within easy reach, with Clacton and Felixstowe 30-40 minutes’ drive away.
Couples in particular like the location – they rated it 9.2 for a two-person trip.
Most popular amenities
4 reasons to choose The North Hill Hotel
- Is there a bath in this room?Hi, Some of our king size rooms have baths as well as showers in the ensuite, just let us lnow when booking if you would like a bath.Answered on August 15, 2020
- Do you have rooms with 2 large single beds? Are your rooms spacious ?We have one Twin room which has 2 large single beds and is available when booking direct with the Hotel by phone or email.Answered on January 12, 2020
- Please advise walking directions from the railway station +approximate walking time.We are approximately 15 minutes from North Station, follow the signs for the town centre and we are half way up North Hill on the left hand side.Answered on June 4, 2022
- Parking? Close byWe are situated opposite a secure NCP car park (Nunns Road, CO1 1EJ) A limited amount of free parking is available outside the Hotel in the Loading B...Answered on December 9, 2021
- do you offer late check in times at an extra costlate check in free of chargeAnswered on May 5, 2022
- Still looking?
Most popular amenities
2:00 PM - 9:30 PM
7:00 AM - 11:00 AM
Cancellation and prepayment policies vary according to accommodations type. Please enter the dates of your stay and check what conditions apply to your preferred room.
Children & Beds
Children of all ages are welcome.
Children 3 and above are considered adults at this property.
To see correct prices and occupancy info, add the number and ages of children in your group to your search.
Crib and extra bed policies
Crib by request
Additional fees are not calculated automatically in the total cost and will have to be paid for separately during your stay.
This property doesn't offer extra beds.
The maximum number of cribs allowed depends on the room you choose. Double-check the maximum capacity for the room you selected.
All cribs and extra beds are subject to availability.
No age restriction
There's no age requirement for check-in
Pets are not allowed.
The North Hill Hotel accepts these cards and reserves the right to temporarily hold an amount prior to arrival.
FAQs about The North Hill Hotel
Check-in at The North Hill Hotel is from 2:00 PM, and check-out is until 11:00 AM.
Room options at The North Hill Hotel include:
From the nearest airport, you can get to The North Hill Hotel by:
- Car 50min
Guests staying at The North Hill Hotel can enjoy a highly-rated breakfast during their stay (guest review score: 9.1).
Breakfast option(s) include:
- Full English/Irish
The prices at The North Hill Hotel may vary depending on your stay (e.g. dates, hotel's policy etc.). To see prices, enter your dates.
The North Hill Hotel is 2,150 feet from the center of Colchester.
The North Hill Hotel offers the following activities/services (charges may apply):