The Old Parsonage Bed & Breakfast
Main Street , Farrington Gurney, BS39 6UB, United Kingdom –
Excellent location – rated 9.2/10! (score from 248 reviews)
Rated by guests after their stay at The Old Parsonage Bed & Breakfast.
Double / Twin or Triple Room with a Four Poster Bed with En Suite Shower
Double / Twin or Triple King Room with Four Poster Bed and En Suite Bath and Shower
Double Room with En Suite Shower
King Room with Private Bath and Shower
The Old Parsonage is very special. It dates back to 1680 when it was built by Henry and Mary Hole. Their son John inherited the house and married into the Champney Family of Orchardleigh and soon gentrified the house with the addition of the imposing front consisting of a long hallway internally and two frontal wings which gives a very French feel like a chateau to the house. The family died out and the house became the property of the Duchy of Cornwall and since then it had regular visits from the royal family including Prince Charles The Prince of Wales, King Edward V111 and King George V1, see history on website. The staircase is special with it's fluted newel posts and alternate barley twist balusters surmounted by a heavily moulded handrail. Pevsner in his Architectural Guides describes the house as:Fne house perhaps c1680-90 of red sandstone. Since the 1960' it has been a restaurant with rooms and now it is a very successful B&B with TripAdvisor 5* rating and is loved and cared for by it's present owners Brian & Charlotte Murray
Area Info –
- Chew Valley Lake 4.6 miles
- Priston Mill 5.5 miles
- Bath Spa University 6.7 miles
- Wookey Hole Caves 7.9 miles
- Wells Cathedral 8.1 miles
- Bath Maze 8.3 miles
- Newbridge Park 8.3 miles
- Moorlands Play Area 8.5 miles
- Entry Hill Golf Club 8.5 miles
- Entry Hill Golf Course 8.5 miles
Most Popular Landmarks
- Oldfield Park Train Station 8.7 miles
- The Circus Bath 9.4 miles
- Bath Spa Train Station 9.4 miles
- The Roman Baths 9.4 miles
- Royal Crescent 9.4 miles
- Bath Abbey 9.5 miles
- Pulteney Bridge 9.6 miles
- University of Bath 10.4 miles
- Bristol Temple Meads Station 10.7 miles
- Bristol Temple Meads 10.7 miles
Restaurants & Markets
- The Old Station Restaurant 1 miles
- Tesco Supermarket 1 miles
- La Compagna Restaurant 2 miles
- The Redan Inn Restaurant 1.9 miles
- Farrington\'s Farm Shop and Shopping Village Supermarket 0.3 miles
- the Co OP Supermarket 0.2 miles
- Bristol Airport 9.8 miles
- Cardiff Airport 35.7 miles
- Bournemouth Airport 46.6 miles
What would you like to know?No thanks
Thank you for your time
Your feedback will help us improve this feature for all of our customersClose
We're sorry, but there was an error submitting your comment. Please try again.Retry
5 Reasons to Choose The Old Parsonage Bed & Breakfast
Why book with us?
Prices you can't beat!
Manage your bookings online
The staff speaks English
Booking is safe
- Outdoor Furniture
Pets are not allowed.
- Golf Course (within 2 miles) (additional charge)
Food & Drink
- Special Diet Meals (upon request)
Free! WiFi is available in all areas and is free of charge.
Free! Free private parking is available on site (reservation is not needed).
- Accessible Parking
- Daily Housekeeping
- Shared Lounge/TV Area
- Packed Lunches
- Laundry (additional charge)
- All Spaces Non-Smoking (public and private)
- Family Rooms
- Non-smoking Rooms
What topic(s) do you want to know more about?
Thanks for your help!
Your opinion helps us figure out what kinds of info we should ask properties for.Back to property
Whoops! It looks like something went wrong submitting this. Try again?Retry
5:00 PM - 10:00 PM
7:00 AM - 11:00 AM
Cancellation and prepayment policies vary according to room type. Please enter the dates of your stay and check what conditions apply to your preferred room.
Children and Extra Beds
All children are welcome.
All children under 2 years are charged GBP 5 per night in a crib.
All older children or adults are charged GBP 21 per person per night when using existing beds.
There is no capacity for extra beds in the room.
The maximum number of cribs in a room is 1.
Additional fees are not calculated automatically in the total cost and will have to be paid for separately during your stay.
Pets are not allowed.
The Old Parsonage Bed & Breakfast accepts these cards and reserves the right to temporarily hold an amount prior to arrival.
Early check-in prior to 17:00 by prior arrangement only.
Please note that for the Courtyard Suite Breakfast included, a self-serve continental breakfast is available in the suite only and not in the B&B breakfast area.