The Old Post Office B&B
The Old Post Office, Park Lane, Little Bollington, Near Altrincham, Lymm, WA14 4TQ, United Kingdom –
Excellent location — rated 9.6/10! (score from 30 reviews)
Real guests • Real stays • Real opinions
Built in 1830 as a shop to supply the farms on Lord Stamford's estate. It was extended in 1837 with a purpose built bake house, pig sty and barn for the ponies to pull the cart delivering bread to the farm workers. By 1900, it was also serving as the village post office, and continued as such until 1996 when it closed. Now owned by the National Trust - it continues to serve the community as a bed and breakfast, under the name of The Old Post Office - run by the last sub post mistress - Michelle and her partner Paul. Lord Stamford's former estate, Dunham Massey Hall and the Bridge Water Canal can be seen from the property.
Property surroundings –
- Dunham Massey 0.7 miles
- Tatton Park 3.2 miles
- Lymm Truckstop M6 4 miles
- Arley Hall 4.8 miles
- Ashton-on-Mersey Golf Club 4.8 miles
- Knutsford Services M6 5.1 miles
- Palace Night Club 5.3 miles
- Sale Water Park 6 miles
- Trafford Centre 6.9 miles
- Legoland Discovery Center Manchester 7 miles
Most popular landmarks
- Old Trafford Stadium 7.9 miles
- The Lowry 8.2 miles
- Whitworth Art Gallery 9.1 miles
- The Opera House 9.7 miles
- Manchester Central 9.7 miles
- Bridgewater Hall 9.8 miles
- The Palace Theatre 9.8 miles
- Manchester Art Gallery 10 miles
- Piccadilly Railway Station 10.2 miles
- Manchester Arena 10.4 miles
Restaurants and markets
- Swan with two Nicks Restaurant 0.2 miles
- The Old No 3 Cafe/bar 0.3 miles
- Costcutter Supermarket 2 miles
- Altrincham Market 4 miles
- Bollin River 0.2 miles
- Dunham Massey Lake 0.5 miles
- Trafford Centre Ski lift 5 miles
- Peak District Mountain 20 miles
- Manchester Airport 5.7 miles
- Liverpool John Lennon Airport 18.5 miles
- Leeds Bradford International Airport 46.1 miles
What would you like to know?No thanks
Thank you for your time
Your feedback will help us improve this feature for all of our customersClose
We're sorry, but there was an error submitting your comment. Please try again.Retry
3 reasons to choose The Old Post Office B&B
Why book with us
Prices you can't beat!
Manage your bookings online
Booking is safe
Most popular facilities
- Outdoor furniture
Pets are not allowed.
- Bikes available (free)
Food & Drink
- Chocolate or cookies
- Bottle of water
- Special diet menus (on request)
Free! WiFi is available in all areas and is free of charge.
Free! Free private parking is possible on site (reservation is not needed).
- Secured parking
- Daily maid service
- Private check-in/check-out
- Luggage storage
- VIP room facilities
Entertainment and family services
- Books, DVDs, music for children
- Board games/puzzles
- Non-smoking throughout
- Safety deposit box
- Non-smoking rooms
What topic(s) would you like to know more about?
Thanks for your help!
Your thoughts help us figure out what kind of information we should be asking properties for.Back to property
Sorry, but it seems like something went wrong in submitting this. Would you mind trying again?Retry
14:00 - 20:00
06:30 - 10:30
Cancellation and prepayment policies vary according to room type. Please enter the dates of your stay and check the conditions of your required room.
Children and extra beds
All children are welcome.
Up to two children under 12 years are charged GBP 45 per night when using existing beds.
All further older children or adults are charged GBP 60 per night for extra beds.
The maximum number of extra beds in a room is 1.
Any type of extra bed is upon request and needs to be confirmed by management.
Supplements are not calculated automatically in the total costs and will have to be paid for separately during your stay.
Pets are not allowed.
Bankcard The Old Post Office B&B accepts these cards and reserves the right to temporarily hold an amount prior to arrival.
Please inform The Old Post Office B&B in advance of your expected arrival time. You can use the Special Requests box when booking, or contact the property directly with the contact details provided in your confirmation.