The Old Rectory
Church Lane, Thormanby, YO61 4NN, United Kingdom –
The Old Rectory is a Family run Guest House offering a warm Yorkshire Welcome! We have lived in our former rectory for almost 9 years which we have spent lovingly restoring it. It is Grade II listed and was built in 1737 for his Honour Mast Whytehead, former poet and pastor. Located in a small rural village of Thormanby. We offer home from home accommodation. We have beautiful en-suite rooms, and pride ourself on providing a hearty AGA cooked Yorkshire breakfast, we have our own hens for fresh eggs and use local farm produce, we serve all our food fresh to order served using Emma Bridgewater pottery. We are ideally situated for visiting the historic town of York, Just 15Mins from the Park & Ride, the spa town of Harrogate and only an hours drive to the coastal towns of Whitby and Scarborough, and a short distance from the Yorkshire Dales. We are a family home, we have children, we have a dog, we have hens!
Property surroundings – Guests loved walking around the neighbourhood!
- Ampleforth College Golf Club 7.4 miles
- Aldwark Manor Golf Club 7.4 miles
- Rievaulx Abbey 8.2 miles
- Helmsley Castle 9.1 miles
- Newby Hall 10.1 miles
- Ripon Racecourse 10.7 miles
- Ripon Cathedral 11.3 miles
- Allerton Castle 11.7 miles
- Lightwater Valley Theme Park 12.9 miles
- Castle Howard 14.1 miles
Most popular landmarks
- York Train Station 15.7 miles
- York Railway station 15.7 miles
- Ripley Castle 15.8 miles
- Royal Hall Theatre 17 miles
- Harrogate Turkish Baths 17 miles
Restaurants and markets
- New Inn, Easingwold Restaurant 3 miles
- Thirsk Market Market 6 miles
- Crab and lobster, Asenby Restaurant 8 miles
- Leeds Bradford International Airport 26.6 miles
- Robin Hood Airport Doncaster Sheffield 48.9 miles
- Humberside Airport 54.3 miles
What would you like to know?No thanks
Thank you for your time
Your feedback will help us improve this feature for all of our customersClose
We're sorry, but there was an error submitting your comment. Please try again.Retry
3 reasons to choose The Old Rectory
Why book with us
Prices you can't beat!
Manage your bookings online
Booking is safe
Pets are not allowed.
Food & Drink
- Bottle of water
- Special diet menus (on request)
Free! WiFi is available in all areas and is free of charge.
Free! Free private parking is possible on site (reservation is not needed).
- Secured parking
- Shared lounge/TV area
- Express check-in/check-out
Entertainment and family services
- Children television networks
- Books, DVDs, music for children
- Board games/puzzles
- Non-smoking throughout
- Family rooms
- Non-smoking rooms
We're sorry to hear that...No thanks
Your feedback will help us to improve this feature for all of our customers.Close
Sorry, but it seems like something went wrong in submitting this. Would you mind trying again?Retry
17:00 - 23:00
07:30 - 10:30
Cancellation and prepayment policies vary according to room type. Please enter the dates of your stay and check the conditions of your required room.
Children and extra beds
All children are welcome.
There is no capacity for extra beds in the room.
Pets are not allowed.
Other Cash Cheque (domestic only) The Old Rectory accepts these cards and reserves the right to temporarily hold an amount prior to arrival.
Please inform The Old Rectory in advance of your expected arrival time. You can use the Special Requests box when booking, or contact the property directly with the contact details provided in your confirmation.