We're sorry, but it is currently not possible to make reservations for this hotel on our site. Click here to see nearby hotels
The Oriental - Guest House
9 Oriental Place, Brighton & Hove, BN1 2LJ, United Kingdom – Excellent location - show map
Excellent location — rated 9.5/10! (score from 480 reviews)
Real guests • Real stays • Real opinions
Stay in the heart of Brighton & Hove – Excellent location - show map
You're eligible for a Genius discount at The Oriental - Guest House! To save at this property, all you have to do is sign in.
Situated 50 yards from the beach, The Oriental is 5 minutes’ walk from Brighton’s city centre. Gatwick Airport is less than half an hour by car or train, and London is only 50 minutes away by train.
The stylish rooms boast a contemporary décor, an en suite bathroom with luxury toiletries, a flat-screen TV, free Wi-Fi, and tea/coffee making facilities. Some rooms also feature a seating area with a luxurious sofa, and a work desk.
Guests can enjoy a hearty, freshly cooked Full English breakfast or a continental option, served daily. Vegetarian and special dietary requirements are also catered for.
Conveniently located, The Oriental is less than 5 minutes’ walk away from notorious attractions such as The Royal Pavilion, Brighton Conference Centre and the Lanes.
This is our guests' favourite part of Brighton & Hove, according to independent reviews.
Couples particularly like the location — they rated it 9.5 for a two-person trip.
Most popular facilities
Brighton Beach8.3 Very good beach150 yards from property
Hove Beach8.4 Very good beach300 yards from property
- Do you have a place to keep bikes on a nights stay?You are more than welcome to leave your bikes locked to our basement railings or if you prefer we can keep them inside where you can access them 8.00a..Answered on 15 May 2021
- I'm wanting to book the single room for 2 nights .. is this particular room dog friendly ?? I have 2 small poodles.. thanksThank you for your interest in wanting to stay with us. Not all our rooms are dog friendly but I can confirm our single room is and we love having them stay.Answered on 24 September 2020
- Can we book and bring our one yr old v friendly boxer dog for one night on 31 Jan. Thanks.Thanks for your enquiry about staying at The Oriental. We have a 2 night minimum stay on weekends which the 31st falls on in January. I have include..Answered on 21 January 2020
- Doea the double room have air conditioning?Our standard Double room on the first floor and our medium double room on the second floor both have air conditioning.Answered on 7 August 2020
- Hello Has the Hotel lift to second floor?Unfortunately we do not have a lift, the second floor is 40 steps up over split landings. We are more than happy to help carry your bags.Answered on 13 July 2020
- Still looking?
Most popular facilities
15:00 - 21:00
08:00 - 11:00
Cancellation and prepayment policies vary according to accommodation type. Please enter the dates of your stay and check the conditions of your required room.
Children and beds
Children of any age are welcome.
Children aged 18 years and above are considered adults at this property.
To see correct prices and occupancy information, please add the number of children in your group and their ages to your search.
Cot and extra bed policies
The number of cots allowed is dependent on the option you choose. Please check your selected option for more information.
There are no extra beds available at this property.
All cots are subject to availability.
No age restriction
There is no age requirement for check-in
The Oriental - Guest House accepts these cards and reserves the right to temporarily hold an amount prior to arrival.
Smoking is not allowed.
Free! Pets are allowed on request. No extra charges.
The fine print
Guests are requested to inform the property of their expected arrival time. This can be noted in the Special Request box when booking. For earlier check-ins, guests are more than welcome to leave their luggage in reception should they need to. Later check-ins are also possible, but there is a GBP 5 per half hour surcharge payable on arrival.
In accordance with government guidelines to minimise transmission of the Coronavirus (COVID-19), this property may request additional documentation from guests to validate identity, travel itinerary and other relevant information, during dates where such guidelines exist.
In response to Coronavirus (COVID-19), additional safety and sanitation measures are in effect at this property.
Food & beverage services at this property may be limited or unavailable due to Coronavirus (COVID-19).
Due to Coronavirus (COVID-19), this property is taking steps to help protect the safety of guests and staff. Certain services and amenities may be reduced or unavailable as a result.
Please inform The Oriental - Guest House in advance of your expected arrival time. You can use the Special Requests box when booking, or contact the property directly with the contact details provided in your confirmation.