The Red Lion
Lowick Bridge, Lowick Green, LA12 8EF, United Kingdom – Excellent location - show map
Excellent location — rated 9.2/10! (score from 244 reviews)
Real guests • Real stays • Real opinions
A traditional British pub, the Red Lion offers en suite rooms, home-cooked food and cask ales. It is 2 miles from Coniston Water and has views of the Old Man.
Rooms at the Red Lion in Ulverston feature simple modern decor and wooden furniture. Each room has a TV, radio and views of the Lake District.
The Red Lion pub offers local ales, a selection of international lagers and spirits. The menu includes traditional British dishes and special requirements can be catered to on request.
Free Wi-Fi and free parking are available at the Red Lion. It has a beer garden and welcomes children and dogs.
The Red Lion at Ulverston is surrounded by stunning scenery and walking trails. It is 5 minutes’ drive from Morecambe Bay and 15 minutes from Lake Windermere. Ambleside and Windermere are both within 30 minutes’ drive.
We have a acoustic music night every second Thursday of every month. The musicians will welcome everyone who wants to join them and they start playing from 8:30pm until midnight.
Couples particularly like the location — they rated it 9.2 for a two-person trip.
Select dates to see this property's availability and prices
- Hi, Looking to book room from 5/9/20 for two nights. Is it possible to bring 8yr old Cocker Spaniel? Thanks Sean SilverHello Sean Well behaved dogs are more than welcome but we are charging £10 per dog per stay. Kind regards Steve and LucyAnswered on 3 August 2020
- we have 2 small dogs can we bring them?Yes we accept dogs but we are charging £10 per dog Per stay.Answered on 30 July 2020
- Hi, are all the bedrooms en-suite. ThanksHello there. Yes they are 😀Answered on 24 June 2021
- Hello. My wife and I would love to stay with you on our motorbike lakes adventure. Do you accept middle aged with bike. Thank you in advance. Keith.Hello Keith Yes we would love to welcome you at the Red Lion. Kind regards Steve and LucyAnswered on 3 May 2021
- Hi there, Are the rooms en-suite? Many thanksHello. As it’s state on booking.com all our rooms are en-suite.Answered on 26 May 2021
- Still looking?
- Flat-screen TV
- Tea/Coffee maker
- Non-smoking rooms
17:00 - 20:30
10:00 - 10:30
Cancellation and prepayment policies vary according to accommodation type. Please enter the dates of your stay and check the conditions of your required room.
Children and beds
Children are not allowed.
Cot and extra bed policies
Cots and extra beds are not available at this property.
The minimum age for check-in is 18
Pets are allowed on request. Charges may be applicable.
The Red Lion accepts these cards and reserves the right to temporarily hold an amount prior to arrival.
The fine print
Monday – Friday from 17:00. Earlier check-in on request.
Saturday – Sunday from 14:00.
Please note that extra beds can be added for double rooms only.
Please inform The Red Lion in advance of your expected arrival time. You can use the Special Requests box when booking, or contact the property directly with the contact details provided in your confirmation.
FAQs about The Red Lion
The Red Lion offers the following activities / services (charges may apply):
The prices at The Red Lion may vary depending on your stay (e.g. dates you select, hotel's policy etc.). See the prices by entering your dates.
The Red Lion is 0.8 miles from the centre of Lowick Green.
Guests staying at The Red Lion can enjoy a highly-rated breakfast during their stay (guest review score: 9.7).
Breakfast option(s) include:
- Full English/Irish
Room options at The Red Lion include:
Check-in at The Red Lion is from 17:00, and check-out is until 10:30.