Situated in the heart of Bowness-on-Windermere, The Royal Oak Inn offers a traditional Inn, which has been family run since 1995.
The Royal Oak Inn offers cosy rooms above the public bar with free Wi-Fi, TV, radio alarm clock and tea/coffee making facilities. Some rooms are en-suite and some have a separate bathroom.
Guests can enjoy The Royal Oak’s renowned full English breakfast and discounted offers on bar meals. Dishes are prepared using locally sourced produce,. The property also offers vegan, vegetarian and a gluten-free options.
Bowness Bay Pier offers steamship cruises across Lake Windermere. Home to The World of Beatrix Potter, Bowness features traditional craft and gift shops, within 5 minutes’ walk of the property. Free private parking is available on site and Windermere Railway Station is 1.5 miles away.
This is our guests' favourite part of Bowness-on-Windermere, according to independent reviews.
Couples particularly like the location — they rated it 9.7 for a two-person trip.
Select dates to see this property's availability and prices
- Free parking?Yes we have 'FREE' parking and enough for all rooms. Sometimes we have to block a couple of cars in, but we always mange the car parking and sort with..Answered on 20 November 2019
- Are there any problems in the rooms with noise from the bar ?No not at all. We tend to close around 10.30pm (unless It's bank holiday).Answered on 20 November 2019
- Hi there, we at looking for 2 nights stay 19 to 21 July double room please we have a small dog. Do you any room available please. Kind regards alisonGood morning, thank you for your enquiry, unfortunately we are fully booked on those dates, also we do not allow dogs in the guest rooms. Sorry. Kind ..Answered on 24 May 2021
- Is there any chance of booking a lake view room ?We always try our very best :-)Answered on 9 September 2021
- Hi. Can you provide off street parking for two motorbikes?Yes we can :-)Answered on 22 September 2020
- Still looking?
- Toilet paper
- Private bathroom
- Free toiletries
- Wardrobe or closet
- Alarm clock
- Outdoor furniture
- Cleaning products
- Electric kettle
- Socket near the bed
- Clothes rack
- Flat-screen TV
- Wine/champagneAdditional charge
- Special diet menus (on request)
- Street parking
- Daily housekeeping
- Luggage storage
- Packed lunches
- Fire extinguishers
- CCTV in common areas
- Smoke alarms
- Security alarm
- 24-hour security
- Adult only
- Non-smoking throughout
- Private entrance
- Ironing facilities
- Non-smoking rooms
15:00 - 20:00
08:00 - 10:30
Cancellation and prepayment policies vary according to accommodation type. Please enter the dates of your stay and check the conditions of your required room.
Children and beds
Children are not allowed.
Cot and extra bed policies
Cots and extra beds are not available at this property.
The minimum age for check-in is 18
Pets are not allowed.
The Royal Oak Inn accepts these cards and reserves the right to temporarily hold an amount prior to arrival.
The fine print
Please note that the parking is small and cars may be tight next to each other.
Food & beverage services at this property may be limited or unavailable due to Coronavirus (COVID-19).
Due to Coronavirus (COVID-19), this property is taking steps to help protect the safety of guests and staff. Certain services and amenities may be reduced or unavailable as a result.
FAQs about The Royal Oak Inn
Guests staying at The Royal Oak Inn can enjoy a highly-rated breakfast during their stay (guest review score: 9.2).
Breakfast option(s) include:
- Full English/Irish
The prices at The Royal Oak Inn may vary depending on your stay (e.g. dates you select, hotel's policy etc.). See the prices by entering your dates.
Check-in at The Royal Oak Inn is from 15:00, and check-out is until 10:30.
The Royal Oak Inn offers the following activities / services (charges may apply):
The Royal Oak Inn is 200 yards from the centre of Bowness-on-Windermere.
Room options at The Royal Oak Inn include: