The Slate Talybont, Bangor, LL57 3UR, United Kingdom – Great location - show map
You're eligible for a Genius discount at The Slate! To save at this property, all you have to do is sign in.
The Slate is located in Bangor, North Wales, featuring an on-site restaurant and bar. Free WiFi and free private parking is available.
Every room comes with a flat-screen TV and tea/coffee making facilities. Every room includes an en-suite shower room and WC. For your comfort, a hairdryer, towels and free toiletries are provided.
The Slate is 1.7 miles from Bangor Cathedral. Bangor railway station is 3 miles from the property, with a junction from the A55 junction 1.4 miles away.
Couples particularly like the location — they rated it 8.8 for a two-person trip.
Select dates to see this property's availability and prices
- How far from the zip wire at the slate quarry are you?5 Miles away, just over 10 min driveAnswered on 12 April 2021
- hi .would there be somewhere secure to leave my bicycle. thanksYes, we can store your bicycle in our back area (indoors) overnight.Answered on 5 August 2022
- Hi, if I wanted to do some early morning photography (4.30am-5am) would it be possible to leave the hotel?Hi, yes that's no problem at all. Please speak to our Reception upon your arrival to get the code for the door.Answered on 2 February 2022
- Hi we are booked in for 18th august. What time does the restaurant close as we won’t be there until about 7.30. ThxHi, our restaurant closes at 8/8.30pm on ThursdaysAnswered on 13 August 2021
- I'm on a ferry to Holyhead arriving at midnight; would I be able to check-in around 1am? Thanks.Hi, this shouldn't be a problem as we do have a member of staff on site overnight. How ever if you would be so kind as to contact us with your ETA tha..Answered on 23 July 2021
- Still looking?
Cuisine: Local, European
Open for: Dinner
- Toilet paper
- Private bathroom
- Free toiletries
- Wardrobe or closet
- Picnic area
- Outdoor furniture
- Electric kettle
- Live sport events (broadcast)
- Golf course (within 3 km)Additional charge
- Flat-screen TV
- Wine/champagneAdditional charge
- Kid mealsAdditional charge
- Special diet menus (on request)
- Tea/Coffee maker
- Accessible parking
- Daily housekeeping
- Private check-in/check-out
- Invoice provided
- Fire extinguishers
- CCTV outside property
- CCTV in common areas
- Smoke alarms
- Security alarm
- Key access
- 24-hour security
- Designated smoking area
- Non-smoking throughout
- Family rooms
- Ironing facilities
- Non-smoking rooms
- Upper floors accessible by stairs only
15:00 - 23:00
07:00 - 11:00
Cancellation and prepayment policies vary according to accommodation type. Please enter the dates of your stay and check the conditions of your required room.
Children and beds
Children of any age are welcome.
Children aged 18 years and above are considered adults at this property.
To see correct prices and occupancy information, please add the number of children in your group and their ages to your search.
Cot and extra bed policies
Cots and extra beds are not available at this property.
No age restriction
There is no age requirement for check-in
Pets are not allowed.
Bankcard The Slate accepts these cards and reserves the right to temporarily hold an amount prior to arrival.
The fine print
In response to Coronavirus (COVID-19), additional safety and sanitation measures are in effect at this property.
Due to Coronavirus (COVID-19), this property is taking steps to help protect the safety of guests and staff. Certain services and amenities may be reduced or unavailable as a result.
FAQs about The Slate
Yes, The Slate is popular with guests booking family stays.
The prices at The Slate may vary depending on your stay (e.g. dates you select, hotel's policy etc.). See the prices by entering your dates.
The Slate has 1 restaurant:
- The Slate
Room options at The Slate include:
Guests staying at The Slate can enjoy a highly-rated breakfast during their stay (guest review score: 8.4).
Breakfast option(s) include:
- Full English/Irish
- À la carte
The nearest beach is just 500 yards from The Slate.
Check-in at The Slate is from 15:00, and check-out is until 11:00.
The Slate is 1.7 miles from the centre of Bangor.
The Slate offers the following activities / services (charges may apply):
- Golf course (within 3 km)
- Live sport events (broadcast)