The Spread Eagle Hotel
16/17 Cornmarket, Thame., Thame, OX9 2BW, United Kingdom – Great location - show map
The Spread Eagle has graced the heart of the historic market town of Thame since the 16th Century. The Grade I listed hotel is nestled amongst the artisan butchers, bakers, delicatessens and teashops that line the charming town centre, which is used as a filming location for ITV’s Midsummer Murders. During its colourful history, The Spread Eagle has played host to many historic figures such as King Charles II, and writers such as Evelyn Waugh and John Fothergill (An Innkeepers Diary). From the exterior, the hotel is instantly recognisable by its 30ft original sign depicting The Spread Eagle crest that has welcomed travellers for over a century. The hotel retains its sense of heritage and personality on the inside, where a meeting room named The Cockpit can be seen next to the entrance. This room was historically used for cockfights, but now provides a sophisticated space accommodating up to 8 people for private dinners or meetings.
The Spread Eagle Hotel takes special requests - add in the next step!
Property surroundings – Great location - show map
- Notley Abbey 2.1 miles
- Oxfordshire Golf Club 2.6 miles
- Oxford Services M40 5.1 miles
- Aylesbury Park Golf Club 7.4 miles
- Churchill Hospital 10.1 miles
- John Radcliffe Hospital 10.4 miles
- Headington Hill Hall 10.8 miles
- St Stephen's House 11.2 miles
- Greyfriars 11.2 miles
- St Hilda's College 11.5 miles
Most popular landmarks
- Corpus Christi College Oxford 11.8 miles
- Pitt Rivers Museum 11.9 miles
- University of Oxford 11.9 miles
- University Museum of Natural History 11.9 miles
- Exeter College 11.9 miles
- Museum of the History of Science 12 miles
- Taylor Institution Library 12.1 miles
- St Benet's Hall 12.1 miles
- Ashmolean Museum of Art and Archaeology 12.1 miles
- Somerville College 12.2 miles
Restaurants and markets
- Sainsburys Supermarket 0 miles
- Tuesday Market Market 0 miles
- London Luton Airport 27.2 miles
- London Heathrow Airport 29.5 miles
- London City Airport 47 miles
What would you like to know?No thanks
Thank you for your time
Your feedback will help us improve this feature for all of our customersClose
We're sorry, but there was an error submitting your comment. Please try again.Retry
Open for: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, High tea
5 reasons to choose The Spread Eagle Hotel
Prices you can't beat!
Manage your bookings online
They speak 2 languages
Booking is safe
Pets are not allowed.
- Golf course (within 3 km) (Additional charge)
Food & Drink
- Kid meals (Additional charge)
- Restaurant (à la carte)
- Breakfast in the room
Free! WiFi is available in all areas and is free of charge.
Private parking is possible on site (reservation is not needed) and costs GBP 3 per day.
- Luggage storage
- 24-hour front desk
- Daily maid service
- Dry cleaning (Additional charge)
- Laundry (Additional charge)
- Fax/photocopying (Additional charge)
- Meeting/banquet facilities (Additional charge)
- Non-smoking throughout
- Packed lunches
- Bridal suite
- Non-smoking rooms
- Newspapers (Additional charge)
- Room service
What topic(s) would you like to know more about?
Thanks for your help!
Your thoughts help us figure out what kind of information we should be asking properties for.Back to property
Sorry, but it seems like something went wrong in submitting this. Would you mind trying again?Retry
From 14:00 hours
07:00 - 11:00 hours
Cancellation and prepayment policies vary according to room type. Please enter the dates of your stay and check the conditions of your required room.
Children and extra beds
All children are welcome.
All children under 2 years are charged GBP 8.95 per night for children's cots/cribs.
All children under 16 years are charged GBP 15 per night for extra beds.
All further older children or adults are charged GBP 15 per night for extra beds.
The maximum number of extra beds in a room is 2.
Any type of extra bed or child's cot/crib is upon request and needs to be confirmed by management.
Supplements are not calculated automatically in the total costs and will have to be paid for separately during your stay.
Pets are not allowed.
Cards accepted at this property
Hover over the cards for more info.