The Upper House
The Green, Stoke on Trent, ST12 9AE, United Kingdom – Excellent location – show map
Excellent location – rated 9.5/10! (score from 843 reviews)
Real guests • Real stays • Real opinions
In a peaceful, rural location, this country house was originally built in 1845. Today, the house has been converted into a luxurious privately owned hotel with many beautiful original features.
The Upper House is a former Wedgwood residence, built for Josiah Wedgwood's grandson, Francis Wedgwood. The house still retains its original charm, with extensive period decoration and traditional character. It is also a highly demanded wedding venue.
There are 24 rooms with attached bathroom, all with TVs, telephones, tea/coffee making facilities and hairdryers. Some of the rooms have balconies and although there is no smoking in the house, smoking is permitted on the balconies.
Free Wi-Fi wireless internet access is available throughout the hotel.
A full English breakfast is included in the price.
There are 2 comfortable lounges and in the chillier winter months, guests can relax by the real log fire. There is also a patio area and a conservatory at the rear of the hotel, both overlooking the beautiful gardens.
A elevator serves all floors.
The Upper House has a quiet, restful location, but is just a few miles south of Stoke-on-Trent, within easy reach of the A50, the M6 motorway and the region’s major road network.
Free on-site parking is available for guests.
Couples in particular like the location – they rated it 9.5 for a two-person trip.
Select dates to see this property's availability and prices
- Are all rooms pet-friendly?We do not allow pets in the bedroomsAnswered on 25 August 2020
- Do you cater for gluten-free guests?Yes we cater for gluten free guestsAnswered on 25 August 2020
- Is there an extra charge for dogs?We do not allow dogsAnswered on 25 August 2020
- Will there be a wedding at your venue on either 28th or 29th October?Hello, We have a Wedding on the 28th October and a private function dinner/disco on the 29th October. Thank you. Kind regards, ReceptionAnswered on 11 August 2021
- Hi, could you cater for a celiac? Regards, RobHi Rob, Yes we can cater for a celiac diet. Thank you. Reception TeamAnswered on 27 September 2021
- Still looking?
- Picnic area
- Outdoor furniture
- Golf course (within 2 miles)Additional charge
- Wine/ChampagneAdditional charge
- Kids' mealsAdditional charge
- Special diet meals (on request)
- Snack bar
- Breakfast in the room
- Electric vehicle charging station
- Invoice provided
- Baggage storage
- 24-hour front desk
- Daily housekeeping
- Ironing serviceAdditional charge
- Dry cleaningAdditional charge
- LaundryAdditional charge
- Fax/PhotocopyingAdditional charge
- Meeting/Banquet facilitiesAdditional charge
- Fire extinguishers
- CCTV outside property
- CCTV in common areas
- Smoke alarms
- Key access
- Pet bowls
- Shared lounge/TV area
- Smoke-free property
- Packed lunches
- Family rooms
- Facilities for disabled guests
- Non-smoking rooms
- Room service
3:00 PM - 11:00 PM
7:00 AM - 11:00 AM
Cancellation and prepayment policies vary according to accommodations type. Please enter the dates of your stay and check what conditions apply to your preferred room.
Children & Beds
Children of all ages are welcome.
Children 2 and above are considered adults at this property.
To see correct prices and occupancy info, add the number and ages of children in your group to your search.
Crib and extra bed policies
Prices for cribs and extra beds aren't included in the total price. They'll have to be paid for separately during your stay.
The number of extra beds and cribs allowed depends on the option you choose. Check your selected option for more info.
All cribs and extra beds are subject to availability.
No age restriction
There's no age requirement for check-in
Pets are not allowed.
The Upper House accepts these cards and reserves the right to temporarily hold an amount prior to arrival.
The fine print
Please inform The Upper House of your expected arrival time in advance. You can use the Special Requests box when booking, or contact the property directly using the contact details in your confirmation.
FAQs about The Upper House
The prices at The Upper House may vary depending on your stay (e.g. dates, hotel's policy etc.). To see prices, enter your dates.
Yes, The Upper House is popular with guests booking family stays.
The Upper House has 1 restaurant:
The Upper House offers the following activities/services (charges may apply):
- Golf course (within 2 miles)
Room options at The Upper House include:
Check-in at The Upper House is from 3:00 PM, and check-out is until 11:00 AM.
Guests staying at The Upper House can enjoy a highly-rated breakfast during their stay (guest review score: 8.5).
Breakfast option(s) include:
- Full English/Irish
The Upper House is 4.3 miles from the center of Stoke on Trent.