The White Horse Inn Bunkhouse
Scales, Threlkeld, CA12 4SY, United Kingdom – Excellent location - show map
Excellent location — rated 9.1/10! (score from 703 reviews)
Real guests • Real stays • Real opinions
There was a problem loading the reviews.
Nestled in the Cumbrian countryside in the Lake District National Park, The White Horse Inn and Bunkhouse offers dormitory rooms, free parking, free Wi-Fi in public areas and a pub restaurant. Each dormitory room at The White Horse comes with a shared shower room and toilets. Bed linen (duvet, duvet cover, pillow case and bed sheet) are available at a surcharge and by prior arrangement and guests are advised to bring their own towels, as these are not provided. The pub restaurant offers a varied menu which includes specialities like the homemade steak and ale pie, fresh beer battered haddock, and the lamb shank. Vegetarian options, gluten-free meals, and an extensive list of drinks and local ales are also available. Located 1.5 mile from the picturesque village of Threlkeld and 8 minutes’ drive from Keswick, The White Horse offers easy access to the Blencathra and Sharp Edge, where guests can enjoy hiking, mountain biking, and outdoor activities. The Coast to Coast (C2C) cycle route passes by the inn’s front door.
Couples particularly like the location — they rated it 8.9 for a two-person trip.The White Horse Inn Bunkhouse has been welcoming Booking.com guests since 16 May 2013.
- Free parking
- Free WiFi
See what guests loved the most:
- RachelAustralia“Friendly staff, great restaurant, radiators in room to keep warm. Clean shower/toilet facilities. Great wifi reaching the rooms! Code to door was easy to use rather than all have a key.”
- MatteoUnited Kingdom“Amazing location near Keswick, with views of the beautiful valley. It has everything you need for a hostel stay, and facilities are clean and in working order. Very friendly staff!”
- JackieUnited Kingdom“Very friendly staff, food excellent, fantastic location. Showers hot!”
- CaitlinUnited Kingdom“Great kitchen facilities, comfy beds and nice warm showers!”
- AndyUnited Kingdom“Everything we could need for a mountain trip. Including a tumble drier.”
- ClaytonUnited Kingdom“Friendly and welcoming staff. Nothing was too much trouble.”
- AlexUnited Kingdom“Great location, the staff were super friendly despite us being a large group of loud uni students. Food was amazing at the pub, overall amazing experience.”
- LLouiseUnited Kingdom“The location, the staff, the cleanliness everything!!”
- AlanUnited Kingdom“Hole place all people were so friendly for multiple cultures was great to talk to different people all doing there own thing even work men had a good laugh made couple of friends for time I was there will always stick with me this place and people...”
- HodgsonUnited Kingdom“Fabulous location and great pub with lovely food. Facilities excellent.”
Property questions and answersBrowse questions from guests for anything extra you want to know about the propertyThe property usually replies within a few days
If I book two bunk beds, one for me and my daughter might we be sharing with others?If you book a dormitory room you will not be sharing with others.Answered on 2 July 2020
How does it work if I want to bring my dog?We are dog friendly but ask people to book dormitory rooms in case other guests aren't comfortable with a dog in the rooms.Answered on 2 July 2020
Hi any blanket or duvet would be provided for use please? Thank youDuvets and bedding can be provided at a charge of £5 per person booked in advance.Answered on 11 August 2021
Hi, Do we'll be facilitated with quilts and pillows? Every dormitory has its own toilet?No duvets are extra and it is shared toiletsAnswered on 11 August 2021
Hi are there any tea / coffee making facilities? Also how many shower and toilet facilities are there? All the best ElaineThere is a kettle in the kitchen. 2 showers and 3 toilets for each Bunk house.Answered on 3 August 2021
Hi I would like to book one room for 4 people. If there is any sockets? And what about heating? Regards KrisHi, there are sockets and heating in every room.Answered on 1 December 2020
- Still looking?
Property surroundings *
Restaurants1 restaurant on site
- CuisineBritish • International
- Open forLunch • Dinner
- AmbianceFamily friendly
- Dietary optionsVegetarian
Facilities of The White Horse Inn BunkhouseGreat facilities! Review score, 8.2
- Free parking
- Free WiFi
- Golf course (within 3 km)Additional charge
- Luggage storage
- Packed lunches
From 14:00 to 21:30
From 07:00 to 10:00
Cancellation and prepayment policies vary according to accommodation type. Please enter the dates of your stay and check the conditions of your required room.
Children and beds
Children of any age are welcome.
To see correct prices and occupancy information, please add the number of children in your group and their ages to your search.
Cot and extra bed policies
Cots and extra beds are not available at this property.
No age restriction
There is no age requirement for check-in
Free! Pets are allowed on request. No extra charges.
Cash is not accepted The White Horse Inn Bunkhouse accepts these cards and reserves the right to temporarily hold an amount prior to arrival.
The fine print
Packed lunches are available but need to be requested when booking.
In case of check-in outside check-in hours, please inform the property in advance, if not informed, the property will not accommodate the guests and may charge the full price of the reservation without refund.
Due to the Coronavirus (COVID-19) and government guidelines, the property is unable to offer any kitchen facilities until further notice.
Due to Coronavirus (COVID-19), please ensure that you are only booking this property following the local government guidelines of the destination, including but not limited to the purpose of travel, and maximum allowed group size.
Food & beverage services at this property may be limited or unavailable due to Coronavirus (COVID-19).
Due to Coronavirus (COVID-19), this property is taking steps to help protect the safety of guests and staff. Certain services and amenities may be reduced or unavailable as a result.
Due to Coronavirus (COVID-19), this property has reduced reception and service operating hours.
Due to Coronavirus (COVID-19), this property adheres to strict physical distancing measures.
Due to Coronavirus (COVID-19), wearing a face mask is mandatory in all indoor common areas.
Please inform The White Horse Inn Bunkhouse in advance of your expected arrival time. You can use the Special Requests box when booking, or contact the property directly with the contact details provided in your confirmation.
FAQs about The White Horse Inn Bunkhouse
Check-in at The White Horse Inn Bunkhouse is from 14:00, and check-out is until 10:00.
The White Horse Inn Bunkhouse is 1.7 miles from the centre of Threlkeld. All distances are measured in straight lines. Actual travel distances may vary.
The prices at The White Horse Inn Bunkhouse may vary depending on your stay (e.g. dates you select, hotel's policy etc.). See the prices by entering your dates.
The White Horse Inn Bunkhouse has 1 restaurant:
The White Horse Inn Bunkhouse offers the following activities / services (charges may apply):
- Golf course (within 3 km)