The Witchery by the Castle
Castlehill, Royal Mile, Edinburgh, Old Town, Edinburgh, EH1 2NF, United Kingdom – Excellent location - show map
Excellent location — rated 9.7/10! (score from 111 reviews)
Real guests • Real stays • Real opinions
Stay in the heart of Edinburgh – Excellent location - show map
The Witchery by the Castle offers a range of opulent suites in Edinburgh, each one unique with its own special features.
Lavishly furnished suites display gothic touches, with large oak beds and 4-posters, velvet-lined walls and flamboyant red and gold décor indicative of the style. There are separate seating areas and large bathrooms with free-standing silver baths.
Each of The Witchery’s 9 suites is different, but walk-in dressing rooms, love seats and tapestries set the tone. Some rooms overlook Edinburgh’s Royal Mile, looking down towards Princes Street, or across to the old town.
An indulgent breakfast hamper will be served in the room each morning or guests can choose to have a cooked breakfast served in the restaurant at no extra cost.
The Witchery’s seductive glamour has caught the attention of The Times, The Telegraph and Condé Nast Traveller, and many celebrity fans have enjoyed its suites. The impressive restaurant also showcases fine Scottish dishes in similarly decadent surroundings.
This is our guests' favourite part of Edinburgh, according to independent reviews.
Couples particularly like the location — they rated it 9.7 for a two-person trip.
Most popular facilities
Select dates to see this property's availability and prices
- Do you have parking on site? if so how much per night? if not, suggestion?We do not have parking here but we can offer 2 solutions that are quite close by for our guests.Answered on 10 October 2020
- hello there where is the nearest long stay carpark as looking at a weekend stay later in the year thank you XI would suggest leaving your car at our sister hotel which is about a 10 minute drive from us (we would provide complimentary taxis).Answered on 24 February 2021
- How nearby is the parking?The closest NCP carpark is about a 10 minute walk or we offer free parking at our sister hotel with complimentary taxi's. This is about a 1o minute drive.Answered on 23 July 2021
- Can I book a meal in the restaurant I want to book a room and dinner?Good morning, I would check availability in our restaurant first as we are a very busy restaurant. We do not hold any tables in reserve either.Answered on 22 October 2021
- Can I have as much information about your honeymoon suite as possible please and pictures Thank youWe do not have a honeymoon suite although any one of our suites would be appropriate.Answered on 24 February 2021
- Still looking?
Cuisine: British, Scottish
Most popular facilities
From 14:30 hours
Until 11:30 hours
Cancellation and prepayment policies vary according to accommodation type. Please enter the dates of your stay and check the conditions of your required room.
Children and beds
Children are not allowed.
Cot and extra bed policies
Cots and extra beds are not available at this property.
The minimum age for check-in is 18
Pets are not allowed.
The Witchery by the Castle accepts these cards and reserves the right to temporarily hold an amount prior to arrival.
FAQs about The Witchery by the Castle
The Witchery by the Castle has 1 restaurant:
- The Witchery
Guests staying at The Witchery by the Castle can enjoy a highly-rated breakfast during their stay (guest review score: 9.2).
Breakfast option(s) include:
The prices at The Witchery by the Castle may vary depending on your stay (e.g. dates you select, hotel's policy etc.). See the prices by entering your dates.
Room options at The Witchery by the Castle include:
From the nearest airport, you can get to The Witchery by the Castle by:
- Tram 40min
Check-in at The Witchery by the Castle is from 14:30, and check-out is until 11:30.
The Witchery by the Castle offers the following activities / services (charges may apply):
The Witchery by the Castle is 200 yards from the centre of Edinburgh.