The Black Boy Inn
Northgate Street, Stryd Pedwar A Chwech, Snowdonia, Caernarfon, LL55 1RW, United Kingdom – Excellent location - show map
Excellent location — rated 9.5/10! (score from 875 reviews)
Real guests • Real stays • Real opinions
The Black Boy is a 16th-century inn within Caernarfon's historic town walls. It serves hearty gastro Welsh food and real craft beers in front of roaring log fires and is an easy walk from the town centre and 13th-century castle.
The Black Boy Inn dates back to 1522 and is one of the oldest inns in North Wales.
Whilst updating the rooms to a high standard, the property has retained their unique character and atmosphere by using local, traditional building materials with handmade furniture and quality fittings. Some of its walls are 1.2 to 1.6 yards thick. The wood panelling, creaking floorboards, low ceilings, narrow staircases and thick wooden beams create a cosy atmosphere.
Black Jack's is a separate part of the inn and is located in a courtyard to the rear. Eight of these 10 spacious rooms have mini kitchens and a small seating area.
The Black Tower is a listed Edwardian building locate towards the rear of the inn in a separate building. It is a few minutes' walk from Caernarfon Castle.
Couples particularly like the location — they rated it 9.5 for a two-person trip.
Select dates to see this property's availability and prices
- Which is the best place to park on arrival, cheers philHi on arrival please pull up outside the Inn next to the swings and call into reception we can then advise you on your parking options. Regards AndreaAnswered on 20 January 2020
- how much for a double room for two adults is breakfast included do you have rooms with a view all so are you close to public transport and shopsDue to the current situation breakfast is not included. Prices depends on the date and room type. The inn is situated inside the walled town of Caerna..Answered on 5 May 2021
- Hi we are looking to book the quietest room! Which do you recommend please?Please ring for adviceAnswered on 5 August 2019
- What is the car parking availability ?We allocate parking on arrival at the Inn. Some areas are free some are chargeableAnswered on 5 September 2021
- are you close to railway stationWe are within walking distance of the Welsh Highland Railway station. The closest main line is in Bangor which is about 25 minutes away by car or busAnswered on 4 July 2020
- Still looking?
Open for: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner
- Toilet paper
- Bath or shower
- Private bathroom
- Free toiletries
- Extra long beds (> 2 metres)
- Outdoor furniture
- Electric kettle
- Socket near the bed
- Bicycle rentalAdditional charge
- Bike toursAdditional charge
- Walking toursAdditional charge
- Horse ridingAdditional chargeOff-site
- BowlingAdditional chargeOff-site
- CanoeingAdditional chargeOff-site
- Children's playground
- FishingAdditional chargeOff-site
- Golf course (within 3 km)Additional charge
- Flat-screen TV
- Satellite channels
- FruitsAdditional charge
- Wine/champagneAdditional charge
- Kid mealsAdditional charge
- Special diet menus (on request)
- Tea/Coffee maker
- Street parking
- Electric vehicle charging station
- Accessible parking
- Daily housekeeping
- Fax/photocopyingAdditional charge
- Car hire
- Packed lunches
- Express check-in/check-out
- Room service
- Invoice provided
- Kids' outdoor play equipment
- Board games/puzzles
- Fire extinguishers
- CCTV outside property
- CCTV in common areas
- Smoke alarms
- Key card access
- Designated smoking area
- Non-smoking throughout
- Ironing facilities
- Non-smoking rooms
- Upper floors accessible by stairs only
15:00 - 23:00
Guests are required to show a photo identification and credit card upon check-in
07:00 - 11:00
Cancellation and prepayment policies vary according to accommodation type. Please enter the dates of your stay and check the conditions of your required room.
Children and beds
Children of any age are welcome.
To see correct prices and occupancy information, please add the number of children in your group and their ages to your search.
Cot and extra bed policies
Cots and extra beds are not available at this property.
The minimum age for check-in is 18
Pets are not allowed.
The Black Boy Inn accepts these cards and reserves the right to temporarily hold an amount prior to arrival.
The fine print
Please reserve a table at the restaurant in advance to avoid disappointment.
Please be informed that guest can not book more than 5 reservations.
Please inform The Black Boy Inn in advance of your expected arrival time. You can use the Special Requests box when booking, or contact the property directly with the contact details provided in your confirmation.
Guests are required to show a photo identification and credit card upon check-in. Please note that all Special Requests are subject to availability and additional charges may apply.
FAQs about The Black Boy Inn
The Black Boy Inn is 100 yards from the centre of Caernarfon.
The Black Boy Inn has 1 restaurant:
Check-in at The Black Boy Inn is from 15:00, and check-out is until 11:00.
The Black Boy Inn offers the following activities / services (charges may apply):
- Children's playground
- Golf course (within 3 km)
- Bicycle rental
- Horse riding
- Walking tours
- Bike tours
Guests staying at The Black Boy Inn can enjoy a highly-rated breakfast during their stay (guest review score: 8.4).
Breakfast option(s) include:
- Full English/Irish
- À la carte
Room options at The Black Boy Inn include:
The prices at The Black Boy Inn may vary depending on your stay (e.g. dates you select, hotel's policy etc.). See the prices by entering your dates.