The George Hotel
Quay St, Yarmouth, PO41 0PE, United Kingdom – Excellent location – show map
Excellent location – rated 9.6/10! (score from 340 reviews)
Real guests • Real stays • Real opinions
In the heart of lively Yarmouth on the Isle of Wight, the George Hotel is an elegant 17th-century town house boasting picturesque views overlooking the harbor and good food. The property has been awarded 3 AA Red Stars, and 2 Rosettes.
All rooms at the George are well furnished and individually decorated. They all feature an private bathroom, comfortable beds and TVs.
Overlooking the Solent, the hotel brasserie serves excellent seasonal cuisine, with an emphasis on seafood. Guests may also relax by the log fire in the cozy wood-paneled bar and enjoy afternoon tea or cocktails.
Local activities in this bustling community include sailing, paragliding and kayaking. There are also a number of English Heritage sites to visit in the surrounding area.
Couples in particular like the location – they rated it 9.6 for a two-person trip.
Select dates to see this property's availability and prices
- Do you have twin bedsMost of our room categories have at least one room that can be twinned.Answered on 27 October 2020
- is a small dog permittedYes, we have a ground floor pet-friendly room. Dogs could stay at extra £20 per night.Answered on 20 December 2020
- Do you have a superior room with twin bedsGood afternoon, We have a selection of rooms which are available as a twin. Our most superior room available as a twin, would be R19 our Prestige ..Answered on 27 August 2022
- We would love to book a stay at your Hotel but I see you offer no parking. Where does one park? Thank youHello. There is a pay and display short stay car park. The nearest long stay is River Road, approx. 4 minute walk from the hotel. Parking is free thro..Answered on 11 December 2022
- Do you have a ground floor room or a liftHello, We have a ground floor Prestige room, unfortuntaely, due to the age of the building we do not have a lift available. Happy New Year!Answered on 2 January 2023
- Still looking?
The Conservatory Restaurant
- Toilet paper
- Bathtub or shower
- Private Bathroom
- Free toiletries
- Wardrobe or closet
- Outdoor furniture
- Private beach area
- Electric kettle
- Socket near the bed
- Clothes rack
- Flat-screen TV
- Wine/ChampagneAdditional charge
- Kids' mealsAdditional charge
- Special diet meals (on request)
- Breakfast in the room
- Pet bowls
- Daily housekeeping
- Baggage storage
- Fax/PhotocopyingAdditional charge
- 24-hour front desk
- Meeting/Banquet facilitiesAdditional charge
- Room service
- Invoice provided
- Board games/Puzzles
- Fire extinguishers
- CCTV outside property
- CCTV in common areas
- Smoke alarms
- 24-hour security
- Smoke-free property
- Hypoallergenic room available
- Family rooms
- Ironing facilities
- Non-smoking rooms
3:00 PM - 11:00 PM
Guests are required to show a photo ID and credit card at check-in
7:00 AM - 11:00 AM
Cancellation and prepayment policies vary according to accommodations type. Please enter the dates of your stay and check what conditions apply to your preferred room.
Children & Beds
Children of all ages are welcome.
Children 12 and above are considered adults at this property.
To see correct prices and occupancy info, add the number and ages of children in your group to your search.
Crib and extra bed policies
Prices for cribs and extra beds aren't included in the total price. They'll have to be paid for separately during your stay.
The number of extra beds and cribs allowed depends on the option you choose. Check your selected option for more info.
All cribs and extra beds are subject to availability.
No age restriction
There's no age requirement for check-in
Pets are not allowed.
The George Hotel accepts these cards and reserves the right to temporarily hold an amount prior to arrival.
The fine print
Please note that for group reservations of three or more rooms guests are required to pay a 50% nonrefundable deposit.
Guests are required to show a photo ID and credit card upon check-in. Please note that all Special Requests are subject to availability and additional charges may apply.
The Conservatory Restaurant: Closed from Mon, Mar 13, 2023 until Wed, Mar 15, 2023
The Conservatory Restaurant: Closed from Mon, Mar 20, 2023 until Wed, Mar 22, 2023
FAQs about The George Hotel
The prices at The George Hotel may vary depending on your stay (e.g. dates, hotel's policy etc.). To see prices, enter your dates.
The George Hotel has 1 restaurant:
- The Conservatory Restaurant
Room options at The George Hotel include:
Guests staying at The George Hotel can enjoy a highly-rated breakfast during their stay (guest review score: 9.3).
Breakfast option(s) include:
- Full English/Irish
- À la carte
The George Hotel offers the following activities/services (charges may apply):
- Private beach area
The George Hotel is 500 feet from the center of Yarmouth.
Check-in at The George Hotel is from 3:00 PM, and check-out is until 11:00 AM.