The George In Rye
98 High Street, Rye, TN31 7JT, United Kingdom –
Excellent location – rated 9.4/10! (score from 623 reviews)
Real guests • Real stays • Real opinions
Prominently positioned on the cobbled high street of the medieval town of Rye, The George in Rye is one of England’s most highly regarded small hotels – a Grade II listed bolt-hole offering a welcoming retreat for foodies, design lovers and the creatively-inclined. Recently, it’s become a firm favourite and unofficial home of cast and crew members filming on location in 1066 country including George Clooney, Matt Damon, Bill Murray and John Goodman who all stayed whilst filming ‘Monuments Men’.
Area Info – Guests loved walking around the neighborhood!
- Camber Castle 1.1 miles
- Rye Golf Club 1.7 miles
- Camber Sands 3.5 miles
- Great Dixter 7.1 miles
- Bodiam Castle 9.1 miles
- White Rock Theatre 9.7 miles
- Battle Abbey 11 miles
- Battle Golf Club 11.4 miles
- Ashford Eurostar International 14.6 miles
- Port Lympne Wild Animal Park 15 miles
Restaurants & Markets
- Tuscan Kitchen Restaurant 0 miles
- Haydens B&B Cafe/Bar 0.1 miles
- Apothecary Cafe Cafe/Bar 0.1 miles
- Standard Inn Cafe/Bar 0.1 miles
- Landgate Bistro Restaurant 0.2 miles
- Local Jempsons in Rye Supermarket 0.2 miles
- Thursdays Farmers Market Market 0.2 miles
- Camber sands Ocean/Sea 3 miles
- London Gatwick Airport 41.5 miles
- London Southend Airport 42.7 miles
- London City Airport 48.4 miles
What would you like to know?No thanks
Thank you for your time
Your feedback will help us improve this feature for all of our customersClose
We're sorry, but there was an error submitting your comment. Please try again.Retry
The George Grill
5 Reasons to Choose The George In Rye
Why book with us?
Prices you can't beat!
Manage your bookings online
The staff speaks English
Booking is safe
One of our top picks in Rye
Most Popular Facilities
- Sun Deck
Pets are not allowed.
- Game Room
Food & Drink
- Bottle of Water
- Kids' Meals (additional charge)
- Snack Bar
- Restaurant With Dining Menu
- Breakfast in the Room
Free! WiFi is available in all areas and is free of charge.
No parking available.
- Street Parking
- Shared Lounge/TV Area
- Concierge Service
- Baggage Storage
- Honeymoon Suite
- 24-Hour Front Desk
- Meeting/Banquet Facilities (additional charge)
- Room Service
Entertainment & Family Services
- Books, DVDs, Music for Kids
- Board Games/Puzzles
- All Spaces Non-Smoking (public and private)
- Non-smoking Rooms
- Newspapers (additional charge)
We're sorry to hear thatNo, thanks
Your feedback will help us improve this feature for all our customers.Close
Whoops! It looks like something went wrong submitting this. Try again?Retry
3:00 PM - 12:00 AM
7:00 AM - 11:00 AM
Cancellation and prepayment policies vary according to room type. Please enter the dates of your stay and check what conditions apply to your preferred room.
Children and Extra Beds
All children are welcome.
All children under 1 year stay free of charge when using existing beds.
All children under 2 years are charged GBP 10 per person per night in a crib.
All older children or adults are charged GBP 20 per person per night for extra beds.
The maximum number of extra beds/cribs in a room is 1.
Any type of extra bed or crib is upon request and needs to be confirmed by management.
Additional fees are not calculated automatically in the total cost and will have to be paid for separately during your stay.
Pets are not allowed.
The George In Rye accepts these cards and reserves the right to temporarily hold an amount prior to arrival.