The Old Railway Station
Station Road, Petworth, GU28 0JF, United Kingdom – Excellent location - show map
Excellent location — rated 9.2/10! (score from 118 reviews)
Real guests • Real stays • Real opinions
The Old Railway Station B&B is a restored former station set in the South Downs National Park. There are 2 guest rooms in the Station House, the other 8 are in fully-restored Edwardian Pullman railway carriages. The whole station has been converted into an unusual and elegant hotel with free Wi-Fi throughout.
The upper station house room has a vaulted ceiling and is approached via a spiral staircase. The lower station house room is all one one level and easier to access for those with limited mobility.
Our six Classic Pullman Carriage rooms are available on Booking.com.
During Covid safe times breakfast can be delivered to the carriages to enable guests to stay safe and can be eaten on the platform if the weather allows.
Petworth village is 1.2 miles away from the Old Railway Station. Chicester is a 25-minute drive while Bognor Regis and the seaside are 30 minutes away.
Couples particularly like the location — they rated it 9.2 for a two-person trip.
Select dates to see this property's availability and prices
- Please could you advise if you have a walk-in shower with hand rails, and/or a shower seat?Thank you for your question. We do have walk in showers in our station house rooms and king Pullman rooms, however we do not have handrails or a showe..Answered on 16 January 2020
- Looking to treat a dear friend for a special birthday can you tell me when/if you are taking bookings. There will be 4 in our party. Regards Joyou can book online at present - we do take 50% at the time of booking - if we need to cancel due to a lockdown situation a full refund can be given.Answered on 2 February 2021
- Please can you confirm I am booking a Pullman carriage?we only offer Pullman Carriage rooms via Booking comAnswered on 13 February 2022
- Hi please can you tell me how do we order afternoon tea and what it consists off and cost also do we need to pre order alcoholic beverages- thank youYou can call or message to add afternoon tea to your booking. it consists of; a selection of sandwiches, cakes and scones with cream and jam, plus te..Answered on 16 February 2022
- Do you allow dogs within your accommodation?Although we do love dogs - we are unable to accommodate them.Answered on 2 February 2021
- Still looking?
- Toilet paper
- Private bathroom
- Wardrobe or closet
- Electric kettle
- Seating Area
- Coffee house on site
- Breakfast in the room
- Electric vehicle charging station
- Daily housekeeping
- Room service
- CCTV outside property
- Adult only
- Non-smoking throughout
- Non-smoking rooms
- Sun umbrellas
15:00 - 18:00
Until 11:00 hours
Cancellation and prepayment policies vary according to accommodation type. Please enter the dates of your stay and check the conditions of your required room.
Children and beds
Children are not allowed.
Cot and extra bed policies
Cots and extra beds are not available at this property.
The minimum age for check-in is 18
The Old Railway Station accepts these cards and reserves the right to temporarily hold an amount prior to arrival.
Smoking is not allowed.
Parties/events are not allowed
Pets are not allowed.
FAQs about The Old Railway Station
Room options at The Old Railway Station include:
The prices at The Old Railway Station may vary depending on your stay (e.g. dates you select, hotel's policy etc.). See the prices by entering your dates.
The Old Railway Station offers the following activities / services (charges may apply):
Check-in at The Old Railway Station is from 15:00, and check-out is until 11:00.
Guests staying at The Old Railway Station can enjoy a highly-rated breakfast during their stay (guest review score: 9.7).
Breakfast option(s) include:
- Full English/Irish
The Old Railway Station is 1.6 miles from the centre of Petworth.