You're eligible for a Genius discount at The Riverside! To save at this property, all you have to do is sign in.
In Kendal town center, the Riverside Hotel is a 17th-century building with a state-of-the-art recreation club. Rooms have river views, and Windermere and the Yorkshire Dales are a 15-minute drive away.
Most of the rooms have views of the River Kent. Features include satellite TV, tea and coffee, a private bathroom and free Wi-Fi. Free parking is also provided.
The Riverview Restaurant uses local produce, some of which comes from the hotel’s own Victorian kitchen garden.
The recreation club includes a heated swimming pool, sauna, steam room, hot tub, gym and exercise studio.
Kendal Train Station is 800 feet away, and guests are a 10-minute drive from highway M6.
Couples in particular like the location – they rated it 9.1 for a two-person trip.
Most popular amenities
- Does it include admission to the swimming poolYes, all rates include the use of he poolAnswered on August 21, 2019
- Hello, I see you are doggy friendly, are pets allowed to stay in rooms over night? Thank you.Why leave your dog behind in a kennels when they can experience your amazing break with you? Many bed and breakfasts in the Lake District specificall..Answered on January 3, 2020
- Hi is the breakfast full English or continental, and can you cater for celiac (gluten free diet) please?We have both continental & full English options available. We also have lots of gluten free optionsAnswered on January 5, 2020
- Are there any ground floor double rooms or is there a liftHi, We would have 4 double rooms on the ground floor, but do also have a lift to all floors.Answered on March 6, 2020
- Is there a liftYes we do have a liftAnswered on October 20, 2019
- Still looking?
Open for: Breakfast, Dinner
Most popular amenities
3:00 PM - 10:00 PM
7:00 AM - 11:00 AM
Cancellation and prepayment policies vary according to accommodations type. Please enter the dates of your stay and check what conditions apply to your preferred room.
Children & Beds
Children of all ages are welcome.
Children 13 and above are considered adults at this property.
To see correct prices and occupancy info, add the number and ages of children in your group to your search.
Crib and extra bed policies
Prices for cribs and extra beds aren't included in the total price. They'll have to be paid for separately during your stay.
The number of extra beds and cribs allowed depends on the option you choose. Check your selected option for more info.
All cribs and extra beds are subject to availability.
The minimum age for check-in is 18
Pets are allowed. Charges may apply.
The Riverside accepts these cards and reserves the right to temporarily hold an amount prior to arrival.
The fine print
Due to the coronavirus (COVID-19), this property is taking steps to protect the safety of guests and staff. Certain services and amenities may be reduced or unavailable as a result.
Sauna is closed from Sun, Jul 05, 2020 until Mon, Aug 31, 2020
FAQs about The Riverside
Room options at The Riverside include:
Yes, there's a hot tub. You can find out more about this and the other facilities at The Riverside on this page.
Check-in at The Riverside is from 3:00 PM, and check-out is until 11:00 AM.
The Riverside has 1 restaurant:
The Riverside offers the following activities/services (charges may apply):
- Fitness center
- Hot tub/Jacuzzi
- Turkish/Steam Bath
- Golf course (within 2 miles)
- Swimming pool
Guests staying at The Riverside can enjoy a highly-rated breakfast during their stay (guest review score: 7.6).
Breakfast option(s) include:
- Full English/Irish
The prices at The Riverside may vary depending on your stay (e.g. dates, hotel's policy etc.). To see prices, enter your dates.
Yes, this hotel has a pool. See details about the pool and other facilities on this page.
The Riverside is 1,950 feet from the center of Kendal.