Tides Reach Guest House
388 Mumbles Road, The Mumbles, SA3 5TN, United Kingdom – Excellent location – show map
Excellent location – rated 9.7/10! (score from 194 reviews)
Real guests • Real stays • Real opinions
Experience World-class Service at Tides Reach Guest House
Overlooking the Swansea Bay promenade and Mumbles Head, this B&B offers elegantly furnished rooms with free Wi-Fi. Built in 1855, Tides Reach features a sea-facing breakfast room with individual tables.
This property has been awarded Elegant Guest House of the Year or the UK - The Travel and Hospitality Awards, as well as Recognition of Excellence by Hotels Combined UK rated 10/10 by guests for 2018.
The breakfast includes fresh fruit, a range of yogurts, pastries, cereals and individually cooked items to order. Vegan, vegetarian and gluten free diets are also catered for. All produce is locally sourced and homemade where possible.
Large windows, high ceilings and stylish furniture are standard in all Tides Reach rooms. Each room has a flat-screen TV with DVD player and a hospitality tray.
Guests staying at Tides Reach Guest House can explore the village of Mumbles, the Gower and the numerous Blue Flag beaches in the area, including Langland Bay and Caswell Bay.
Easy access to the University and Hospital. There is a convenient bus stop within a few feet and flat walking to the shops and restaurants
Couples in particular like the location – they rated it 9.8 for a two-person trip.
Select dates to see this property's availability and prices
Langland Bay Beach8.8 Excellent beach4,750 feet from property
Sketty Lane Beach8.6 Excellent beach1.3 miles from property
The Mumbles8.0 Very good beach1.3 miles from property
Caswell Bay Beach9.5 Exceptional beach1.5 miles from property
- Do serve evening meals?Unfortunately we do not serve evening meals however there are plenty of brilliant restaurants within walking distance of our accommodation.Answered on 19 July 2022
- When is the best time to visit your property for the perfect beach holiday?Between May and Sept but cannot guarantee good weather - however some areas are better with bigger waves in cloudy weatherAnswered on 13 September 2019
- If we arrive on a Saturday afternoon, how easy would parking be?We provide you a free parking. It will be very easy to park regardless of which day of the week. Further information will be given once you make a reservation.Answered on 9 June 2022
- Hi Will are looking to stay at your place but we really like quiet rooms as I’m a light sleeper is there any rooms you would recommend please? Liz xDear Liz. Thank your for your email and sorry for the late reply. I would recommend not to book Room 6 & Room 5. Other rooms should be quite enough...Answered on 17 November 2021
- Hello We looking at your lovely guest house with dates in mind from Thurs Dec 23rd to Mon 27th Dec 2021 will you be serving meals over this period? If..We are open over Christmas and will be serving full English breakfast as usual. There are many lovely places in Mumbles to eat out including Bistro Pi..Answered on 31 October 2021
- Still looking?
Hosted by Metin Bozkurt
- Toilet paper
- Bathtub or shower
- Private Bathroom
- Free toiletries
- Wardrobe or closet
- Electric kettle
- Socket near the bed
- Clothes rack
- Mini golfAdditional charge
- Golf course (within 2 miles)Additional charge
- Sitting area
- Flat-screen TV
- Cable channels
- Special diet meals (on request)
- Tea/Coffee maker
- Daily housekeeping
- Shared lounge/TV area
- Baggage storage
- Packed lunches
- Ironing serviceAdditional charge
- LaundryAdditional charge
- Board games/Puzzles
- Fire extinguishers
- CCTV in common areas
- Smoke alarms
- Security alarm
- Key access
- Smoke-free property
- Hypoallergenic room available
- Family rooms
- Non-smoking rooms
- Air conditioning
- Upper floors accessible by stairs only
4:00 PM - 6:00 PM
7:30 AM - 10:30 AM
Cancellation and prepayment policies vary according to accommodations type. Please enter the dates of your stay and check what conditions apply to your preferred room.
Children & Beds
Children of all ages are welcome.
Children 11 and above are considered adults at this property.
To see correct prices and occupancy info, add the number and ages of children in your group to your search.
Crib and extra bed policies
Prices for cribs and extra beds aren't included in the total price. They'll have to be paid for separately during your stay.
The number of extra beds and cribs allowed depends on the option you choose. Check your selected option for more info.
All cribs and extra beds are subject to availability.
No age restriction
There's no age requirement for check-in
Tides Reach Guest House accepts these cards and reserves the right to temporarily hold an amount prior to arrival.
Smoking is not allowed.
Parties/events are not allowed
Guests need be quiet between 10:00 AM and 8:00 AM.
Pets are not allowed.
The fine print
Payment on departure is in cash, debit card, or bank transfer.
Guests that think they will arrive after 18:00, please phone the guest house using the number found on your booking confirmation. Rooms are kept until 18:30 after which it will be resold and your card will be charged.
The guest house does not have a large car park so you may need to park on a side road.
It is expected that the cottage will be left clean and tidy otherwise a GBP 20 service charge will be applied.
Due to the coronavirus (COVID-19), make sure you're booking this property in accordance with the destination's local government guidelines, including (but not limited to) the purpose of travel and maximum group size.
In response to the coronavirus (COVID-19), additional safety and sanitation measures are in effect at this property.
Due to the coronavirus (COVID-19), this property is taking steps to protect the safety of guests and staff. Certain services and amenities may be reduced or unavailable as a result.
This property does not accommodate bachelor(ette) or similar parties.
Please inform Tides Reach Guest House of your expected arrival time in advance. You can use the Special Requests box when booking, or contact the property directly using the contact details in your confirmation.
FAQs about Tides Reach Guest House
Tides Reach Guest House offers the following activities/services (charges may apply):
- Mini golf
- Golf course (within 2 miles)
Yes, Tides Reach Guest House is popular with guests booking family stays.
Check-in at Tides Reach Guest House is from 4:00 PM, and check-out is until 10:30 AM.
Guests staying at Tides Reach Guest House can enjoy a highly-rated breakfast during their stay (guest review score: 10.0).
Breakfast option(s) include:
- Full English/Irish
- À la carte
The nearest beach is 150 feet from Tides Reach Guest House.
Tides Reach Guest House is 1 miles from the center of The Mumbles.
The prices at Tides Reach Guest House may vary depending on your stay (e.g. dates, hotel's policy etc.). To see prices, enter your dates.
Room options at Tides Reach Guest House include: