Tinhay Mill, Lifton, PL16 0AJ, United Kingdom –
Excellent location — rated 9.2/10! (score from 191 reviews)
Real guests • Real stays • Real opinions
Our quaint cottage has a cosy and relaxing atmosphere which we find helps our guests to unwind. Previously two 16th century mill cottages, this special old house with its beamed ceilings and open fire places has plenty of timeless charm. Made from cob, a natural building material consisting of sand, clay and some kind of fibrous material such as straw, it would have originally been thatched. The ceilings are made from oak beams and a large chimney runs centrally up through the heart of the house which is still in service today to heat the guest's breakfast room. The thick walls provide a welcome coolness in the summer months and lock in the heat during the winter. With its quiet village location and near to the A30, this character guest house really is the ideal retreat from which to explore Devon and Cornwall any time of year. Guests enjoy their breakfast in our quaint breakfast room named "Wild Garlic". Sit comfortably on Victorian carved wooden chairs surrounded by antiques and oddities in this period styled room heated by the cosy log burner. Attentive service is always guaranteed by your host Suzanne, who will always make you feel comfortable and welcome.
Property surroundings – Guests loved walking around the neighbourhood!
- Launceston Castle 4 miles
- Lydford Castle 7.1 miles
- Morwellham Quay 10.1 miles
- Cotehele House 10.4 miles
- Ashbury Golf Club 11.8 miles
- Yelverton Golf Club 13.4 miles
- Brown Willy 14.9 miles
- Lanhydrock 16.3 miles
- Tamar Science Park 17.2 miles
- Bowood Park Golf Club 18.1 miles
Most popular landmarks
- Cathedral Church of St Mary and St Boniface 19.4 miles
- Plymouth Pavilions 19.8 miles
- Marsh Mills 19.8 miles
- Plymouth Hoe 19.9 miles
Restaurants and markets
- Lifton Hall Hotel Restaurant 0.3 miles
- Arundell Arms Hotel Restaurant 0.3 miles
- Lifton Hall Hotel Cafe/bar 0.3 miles
- Arundell Arms Hotel Cafe/bar 0.3 miles
- Lifton Strawberry Fields Restaurant 1.1 miles
- Lifton Strawberry Fields Cafe/bar 1.1 miles
- Tesco Supermarket 4.7 miles
- Tavistock Market 9.7 miles
- Tamar River 2.6 miles
- Roadford Lake Lake 6.9 miles
- Dartmoor National Park Mountain 9.8 miles
- Bodmin Moor Mountain 17.3 miles
- Celtic Sea Sea/ocean 23.6 miles
- Newquay Cornwall Airport 34.7 miles
- Exeter International Airport 38.2 miles
What would you like to know?No thanks
Thank you for your time
Your feedback will help us improve this feature for all of our customersClose
We're sorry, but there was an error submitting your comment. Please try again.Retry
4 reasons to choose Tinhay Mill
Why book with us
Prices you can't beat!
Manage your bookings online
Booking is safe
Pets are not allowed.
Food & Drink
- Breakfast options
- Bottle of water
Free! WiFi is available in all areas and is free of charge.
Free! Free private parking is possible on site (reservation is not needed).
- Bridal suite
- Designated smoking area
- Non-smoking rooms
What topic(s) would you like to know more about?
Thanks for your help!
Your thoughts help us figure out what kind of information we should be asking properties for.Back to property
Sorry, but it seems like something went wrong in submitting this. Would you mind trying again?Retry
16:00 - 22:00
07:30 - 10:30
Cancellation and prepayment policies vary according to room type. Please enter the dates of your stay and check the conditions of your required room.
Children and extra beds
Children cannot be accommodated at the hotel.
There is no capacity for extra beds in the room.
Pets are not allowed.
Tinhay Mill accepts these cards and reserves the right to temporarily hold an amount prior to arrival.