Prices you can't beat!
Booking is safe
Manage your bookings online
The staff speaks English
Tyr Graig Castle
Llanaber Road, Barmouth, LL42 1YN, United Kingdom – Excellent location – show map
Excellent location – rated 9.1/10! (score from 634 reviews)
Real guests • Real stays • Real opinions
This impressive Victorian building has a splendid cliff-top location with stunning views of Cardigan Bay. It offers free parking and a restaurant, and is less than a mile from Barmouth’s center.
Each room at this 4-star guest accommodations has a TV and DVD player, as well as free tea and coffee. Most rooms enjoy lovely sea views, while all have a private bathroom with a hairdryer.
Built in the 1880s for a famous gunmaker, Tyr Graig Castle was designed to resemble both a castle and a double-barreled shotgun. Today it still has original features, including stained glass windows.
The lounge has a log fire and drinks are available from the adjoining conservatory bar. There is also a terrace with superb views over the water.
Overlooking Cardigan Bay, Tyr Graig’s restaurant offers traditional home-cooked British and Welsh food. The creative menu is made with the finest local, fresh and seasonal produce.
Couples in particular like the location – they rated it 9.0 for a two-person trip.
Most popular amenities
4 reasons to choose Tyr Graig Castle
Barmouth Beach9.2 Wonderful beach2,050 feet from property
- Do you have a lift to service the rooms my wife has bad Asthma and cannot clime stairs very wellHello, I'm sorry, but we do not have a lift. There are 19 stairs (to the first floor. Depending on room type (Single, Premium Double & Four Poster Dou...Answered on December 3, 2019
- I’m confused , there are glowing reports about your restaurant but notice on your web site that it is closed until further notice . Please clarifyOur restaurant is open to guest only during the Covid restrictions .Answered on July 10, 2021
- Hi do you have free on-site parking?Yes, we have on site parkingAnswered on July 10, 2021
- is it close to the shops thankswe are a 10min walk to the shopsAnswered on July 10, 2021
- Do you provide gluten free dietHi Yes we can provide a gluten free breakfast Kind regards MikeAnswered on July 28, 2020
- Still looking?
Most popular amenities
4:00 PM - 10:00 PM
8:00 AM - 10:00 AM
Cancellation and prepayment policies vary according to accommodations type. Please enter the dates of your stay and check what conditions apply to your preferred room.
Children & Beds
Children over 12 are welcome.
To see correct prices and occupancy info, add the number and ages of children in your group to your search.
Crib and extra bed policies
There's no capacity for cribs at this property.
This property doesn't offer extra beds.
No age restriction for check-in. (Only children 12 and up are allowed)
Pets are not allowed.
Tyr Graig Castle accepts these cards and reserves the right to temporarily hold an amount prior to arrival.
The fine print
The deposit will be deducted from the final bill on departure. Balance payment will be taken at check-out from the card provided at the time of booking unless an alternative card is given.
FAQs about Tyr Graig Castle
The nearest beach is 1,000 feet from Tyr Graig Castle.
Tyr Graig Castle is 0.7 miles from the center of Barmouth.
From the nearest airport, you can get to Tyr Graig Castle by:
- Car 2h 20min
Tyr Graig Castle has 1 restaurant:
Check-in at Tyr Graig Castle is from 4:00 PM, and check-out is until 10:00 AM.
Guests staying at Tyr Graig Castle can enjoy a highly-rated breakfast during their stay (guest review score: 8.6).
Breakfast option(s) include:
- Full English/Irish
Tyr Graig Castle offers the following activities/services (charges may apply):
The prices at Tyr Graig Castle may vary depending on your stay (e.g. dates, hotel's policy etc.). To see prices, enter your dates.
Room options at Tyr Graig Castle include: