The Slaughters Country Inn
Lower Slaughter, Lower Slaughter, GL54 2HS, United Kingdom – Excellent location - show map
Excellent location — rated 9.6/10! (score from 951 reviews)
Real guests • Real stays • Real opinions
Experience world-class service at The Slaughters Country Inn
With a riverside location and set in a Cotswold stone building, this 5 gold star inn serves local, seasonal produce in the restaurant. Surrounded by 4 acres of grounds, The Slaughters Country Inn has 31 individually designed bedrooms.
Beamed ceilings and log fires feature in The Slaughters' stylish bar, offering a cosy dining atmosphere. A modern British seasonal menu and full English breakfasts are available in the restaurant. During the summer months, guests can dine and drink on the terrace overlooking the River Eye.
A TV, free internet access, hairdryer and select toiletries are provided in each room. A modern private bathroom complete with fluffy white towels, a bath, and a shower. Bath robes are available on request.
Located in the centre of Lower Slaughter, just a 2-minute walk away from the Old Mill Museum, where local crafts and homemade ice cream can be purchased. Free private parking is possible at this hotel, which is just a 6-minute drive from the popular market town of Stow-on-the-Wold.
Couples particularly like the location — they rated it 9.6 for a two-person trip.
Select dates to see this property's availability and prices
- are dogs allowed in bar area. can we eat in bar area and bring dog with us.Yes, our bar is dog friendly and it serves the same menu as our main restaurant.Answered on 9 February 2020
- Is there a travel cot available upon request? Or should we bring our own?Travel cots can be requested before arrival for free of chargeAnswered on 14 December 2019
- Are dogs allowed pleaseWe have a number of dog friendly rooms - we require to know you are bringing dogs at time of booking. Dogs are also allowed within our bar for breakfa..Answered on 2 April 2021
- Hi if I understand if I book cottage pets are allowedWe do allow dogs within all 6 of our cottages, we charge dogs £10 per dog per nightAnswered on 8 April 2021
- Can we book dinner at tip-off booking and a room with walk-shower; not a free standing bathYes booking dinner at time of booking is no problem, and there are rooms with walk-in showers, if you put it in your requests then we will do our best..Answered on 9 April 2022
- Still looking?
15:00 - 23:30
07:00 - 11:00
Cancellation and prepayment policies vary according to accommodation type. Please enter the dates of your stay and check the conditions of your required room.
Children and beds
Children of any age are welcome.
Children aged 17 years and above are considered adults at this property.
To see correct prices and occupancy information, please add the number of children in your group and their ages to your search.
Cot and extra bed policies
The number of cots allowed is dependent on the option you choose. Please check your selected option for more information.
There are no extra beds available at this property.
All cots are subject to availability.
The minimum age for check-in is 18
Pets are allowed on request. Charges may be applicable.
The Slaughters Country Inn accepts these cards and reserves the right to temporarily hold an amount prior to arrival.
The fine print
The card used to make the reservation must be presented on check-in. Guests that are making a reservation on behalf of another guest, must contact the property once the booking has been made.
In response to Coronavirus (COVID-19), additional safety and sanitation measures are in effect at this property.
Please inform The Slaughters Country Inn in advance of your expected arrival time. You can use the Special Requests box when booking, or contact the property directly with the contact details provided in your confirmation.
Restaurant is closed from Wed 24 Mar 2021 until Sun 16 May 2021
Bar is closed from Wed 24 Mar 2021 until Sun 16 May 2021
FAQs about The Slaughters Country Inn
The Slaughters Country Inn has 1 restaurant:
The Slaughters Country Inn offers the following activities / services (charges may apply):
Room options at The Slaughters Country Inn include:
Guests staying at The Slaughters Country Inn can enjoy a highly-rated breakfast during their stay (guest review score: 8.0).
Breakfast option(s) include:
- Full English/Irish
- À la carte
Check-in at The Slaughters Country Inn is from 15:00, and check-out is until 11:00.
The Slaughters Country Inn is 150 yards from the centre of Lower Slaughter.
The prices at The Slaughters Country Inn may vary depending on your stay (e.g. dates you select, hotel's policy etc.). See the prices by entering your dates.