Wortley Village, Wortley, S35 7DB, United Kingdom –
In 1950 The Wharncliffe family decided to give up the hall and it was available to lease.Vin Williams, addressed other local labour movement activists outlining a proposal that Wortley Hall could have the potential of being owned by the workers and run for the workers benefit. On 5th May 1951 Wortley Hall was formally opened as an educational and holiday centre, for the trade union, labour and co-operative movement. It was in a semi-derelict condition and the workers of South Yorkshire and surrounding areas carried out most of the repairs and restoration voluntarily and managed to restore the original features including the painted ceilings, ornamental friezes and wood carvings. Today Wortley Hall is now a company in its own right and is still a member of the co-operative union. Any operating surplus is spent on the maintenance and upkeep of the hall. This is a grand venue steeped in history and its heritage and values are still strong aspects of its identity.
Property surroundings – Guests loved walking around the neighbourhood!
- Oakwell Stadium 4.9 miles
- Hillsborough Stadium 5.7 miles
- Sheffield City Council 5.7 miles
- Owlerton Stadium 6.1 miles
- Sheffield Ski Village 6.8 miles
- Meadowhall Shopping Centre 7.3 miles
- Sheffield Combined Courts Centre 7.8 miles
- Sheffield Crown Court 7.8 miles
- Motorpoint Arena 7.8 miles
- HMCS Magistrates Court 7.8 miles
Most popular landmarks
- Belle Vue 12.5 miles
- Cusworth Hall 14.8 miles
- Middleton Park 18 miles
- White Rose Shopping Centre 18.4 miles
- Chatsworth House 18.5 miles
Restaurants and markets
- Penistone Market 4 miles
- Robin Hood Airport Doncaster Sheffield 21.4 miles
- Leeds Bradford International Airport 26.6 miles
- Manchester Airport 31.8 miles
What would you like to know?No thanks
Thank you for your time
Your feedback will help us improve this feature for all of our customersClose
We're sorry, but there was an error submitting your comment. Please try again.Retry
Open for: Dinner
3 reasons to choose Wortley Hall
Why book with us
Prices you can't beat!
Manage your bookings online
Booking is safe
Most popular facilities
- Fitness centre
Pets are not allowed.
- Golf course (within 3 km) (Additional charge)
Food & Drink
- Special diet menus (on request)
- Restaurant (à la carte)
- Breakfast in the room
Free! WiFi is available in some hotel rooms and is free of charge.
Free! Free public parking is possible on site (reservation is not needed).
- Luggage storage
- Packed lunches
- Bridal suite
- Dry cleaning (Additional charge)
- Laundry (Additional charge)
- Meeting/banquet facilities
- Room service
- Non-smoking throughout
- Family rooms
- Facilities for disabled guests
- Non-smoking rooms
- Newspapers (Additional charge)
What topic(s) would you like to know more about?
Thanks for your help!
Your thoughts help us figure out what kind of information we should be asking properties for.Back to property
Sorry, but it seems like something went wrong in submitting this. Would you mind trying again?Retry
14:00 - 23:00
07:00 - 10:30
Cancellation and prepayment policies vary according to room type. Please enter the dates of your stay and check the conditions of your required room.
Children and extra beds
All children are welcome.
The maximum number of extra beds in a room is 2.
Pets are not allowed.
Bankcard Wortley Hall accepts these cards and reserves the right to temporarily hold an amount prior to arrival.