Prices you can't beat!
Booking is safe
Manage your bookings online
The staff speaks English
AthensWas Design Hotel
Dionysiou Areopagitou 5, Athens, 11742, Greece – Excellent location – show map – Subway Access
Excellent location – rated 9.7/10! (score from 351 reviews)
Real guests • Real stays • Real opinions
Stay in the heart of Athens – Excellent location – show map
You're eligible for a Genius discount at AthensWas Design Hotel! To save at this property, all you have to do is sign in.
Located in Dionysiou Areopagitou, the most scenic pedestrian street in Athens, AthensWas hotel is set right opposite of the Acropolis and the New Acropolis Museum. The Temple of Olympion Zeus is a few steps away and Syntagma Square is a 10-minute walk away.
Designed in line with the core principles of classical Modernism, AthensWas features uncluttered lines and natural materials. Each room opens out to a furnished veranda and has a worktable, mini-bar, flat-screen TV, safety box, hairdryer, bathrobes and slippers. A Nespresso coffee machine is also included in every room and suite.
Offering spectacular views over the Acropolis and the city of Athens, the Sense Restaurant is located on the 7th floor of the hotel and serves modern Greek cuisine.
Extra facilities include laundry services, a business center, a fitness room, car rental and guided city tours. Transfer services to/from Athens Airport and the port of Piraeus can be arranged. Acropolis Metro station is located 550 feet away.
MODERN is the new Food & Beverage outlet of AthensWas Hotel. Located on the hotel’s ground floor, MODERN consists of a calm and unpretentious ambiance offering delectable comfort food and a fine selection of primarily Greek wines and refreshing cocktails.
This is our guests' favorite part of Athens, according to independent reviews.
Couples in particular like the location – they rated it 9.7 for a two-person trip.
Most popular amenities
4 reasons to choose AthensWas Design Hotel
- Hi. Do you have interconnecting rooms for 28-30 August 2022. We are a family of 5 : 2 adults and 3 children (10, 10, 8 years). Thank youDear guests, Thank you very much for your request and for considering AthensWas Design hotel for your stay. Regarding the requested dates, indeed we m...Answered on April 11, 2022
- Hi there. We are keen to stay with you for three nights next Summer and we are a family of 4. Children will be 8 and 11. Is there a room that can acco...Thank you for your interest in AthensWas hotel. We kindly inform you that upon availability, we may accommodate you to an Executive Suite or connectin...Answered on November 16, 2021
- Is there an in-house spa?Greetings from AthensWas hotel. We kindly inform you that we have a partnership with the Polis Hammam which is located at Monastiraki area, only 15mi...Answered on June 15, 2022
- I am looking for a room that can accommodate 3 people. Is it possible to get a rollaway bed to sleep a third person in a double room?Dear Guest, Thank you very much for your request and for considering AthensWas Design hotel for your stay. I am afraid that the Classic Room is too ti...Answered on October 4, 2021
- Hello! I am very interested in booking two rooms for two nights in June. However, my niece has diabetes and needs a refrigerator in a room to store he...Dear Mrs Kristin, Thank you for your message. We would like to inform you that all room types are equipped with a mini bar refrigerator and that the...Answered on October 29, 2019
- Still looking?
Most popular amenities
From 3:00 PM
Guests are required to show a photo ID and credit card at check-in
12:00 AM - 11:00 AM
Cancellation and prepayment policies vary according to accommodations type. Please enter the dates of your stay and check what conditions apply to your preferred room.
Children & Beds
Children of all ages are welcome.
To see correct prices and occupancy info, add the number and ages of children in your group to your search.
Crib and extra bed policies
Crib by request
Extra bed by request
Extra bed by request
|€ 70 per person, per night|
Additional fees are not calculated automatically in the total cost and will have to be paid for separately during your stay.
The maximum number of extra beds and cribs allowed depends on the room you choose. Double-check your selected room for the maximum capacity.
All cribs and extra beds are subject to availability.
The minimum age for check-in is 18
Pets are not allowed.
AthensWas Design Hotel accepts these cards and reserves the right to temporarily hold an amount prior to arrival.
The fine print
The name on the credit card used for the booking should correspond to the guest staying at the property.
In accordance with government guidelines to minimize transmission of the coronavirus (COVID-19), this property may request additional documentation from guests to validate identity, travel itinerary, and other relevant info on dates where such guidelines exist.
In response to the coronavirus (COVID-19), additional safety and sanitation measures are in effect at this property.
Due to the coronavirus (COVID-19), this property is taking steps to protect the safety of guests and staff. Certain services and amenities may be reduced or unavailable as a result.
Due to the coronavirus (COVID-19), this property has reduced reception and service hours.
Please inform AthensWas Design Hotel of your expected arrival time in advance. You can use the Special Requests box when booking, or contact the property directly using the contact details in your confirmation.
Guests are required to show a photo ID and credit card upon check-in. Please note that all Special Requests are subject to availability and additional charges may apply.
License number: 1067073
FAQs about AthensWas Design Hotel
AthensWas Design Hotel offers the following activities/services (charges may apply):
- Fitness center
- Evening entertainment
- Tour or class about local culture
- Walking tours
- Cooking class
- Personal trainer
- Beauty services
- Bike tours
- Facial treatments
- Bar crawls
- Waxing services
- Makeup services
- Hair treatments
- Hair coloring
- Body treatments
- Spa/Wellness packages
- Fitness classes
Check-in at AthensWas Design Hotel is from 3:00 PM, and check-out is until 11:00 AM.
AthensWas Design Hotel is 2,600 feet from the center of Athens.
Guests staying at AthensWas Design Hotel can enjoy a highly-rated breakfast during their stay (guest review score: 8.8).
Breakfast option(s) include:
- Full English/Irish
- À la carte
Room options at AthensWas Design Hotel include:
The prices at AthensWas Design Hotel may vary depending on your stay (e.g. dates, hotel's policy etc.). To see prices, enter your dates.
AthensWas Design Hotel has 1 restaurant:
- Sense Restaurant
From the nearest airport, you can get to AthensWas Design Hotel by:
- Subway/Metro 1h 10min