Hotel Cretan Renaissance
Akti Kountourioti 56, Chania, 73100, Greece – Excellent location – show map
Excellent location – rated 9.9/10! (score from 269 reviews)
Real guests • Real stays • Real opinions
|Max adults: 2||
Superior Suite with Sea View (Dolchetta)
|Max adults: 2||
Superior Suite with Sea View (Erophele)
|Max adults: 2|
|Max adults: 2||
Suite with Garden View - Spa Bath (Panorea)
Got a question?
Find more info in the questions and answers. Need something else? Send your own question to the property below.
About Cretan Renaissance
Thanks! You'll receive an email as soon as the property answers your question.
Cretan Renaissance is hosted in a Venetian manor house, characterized by the Ephorate of Byzantium Antiquities and UNESCO as a historical monument to be preserved. Its construction is estimated somewhere within the period of Venetian domination upon Crete. The architectural approach and settlement of the building follow the stylistic principles of that historical era. History has proven an interaction between the two civilizations (Greek-Byzantine and Western-Roman) at that period of time, a conjunction which gave birth to the “Cretan Renaissance”; a great era for Crete where Literature, the Visual Arts and all kinds of Art came in bloom. The spaces of the hotel were renovated under the spirit of those years. The Suites and rooms are themed after the heroines of the most significant literary works of the era of Cretan Renaissance (Aretoúsa, Erophéle, Dolchétta, and Panórea). Decoration follows the aesthetic criteria of this era (16th century). Concurrently, a great emphasis has been given to the luxuries provided by a contemporary accommodation (Hydromassage Bathtub, Cocomat Mattresses and set of Pillows, Air-Conditioning, WIFI, Kitchenette, a 32’ TV and Security-box)
Firkas Fortress0.1 miles
Kucuk Hasan Mosque0.1 miles
Etz Hayyim Synagogue0.1 miles
Archaeological Museum of Chania0.2 miles
Chania Old Venetian Harbor0.2 miles
Folklore Museum of Chania0.2 miles
Mitropoleos Square0.2 miles
Presentation of the Virgin Mary Cathedral0.2 miles
Municipal Art Gallery of Chania0.3 miles
1866 Square0.3 miles
House-Museum of Eleftherios Venizelos1.3 miles
Golden Beach1.5 miles
Venizelos Graves2.3 miles
Platanias Square6 miles
Botanical Park & Gardens of Crete8.1 miles
Nea Chora Beach Golden sandSwimming, Water Sports, Food & Drink2,500 feet
Koum Kapi Beach Mixed sand3,650 feet
Kladissos Beach4,750 feet
Chania International Airport7.1 miles
What would you like to know?No thanks
Thank you for your time
Your feedback will help us improve this feature for all of our customersClose
We're sorry, but there was an error submitting your comment. Please try again.Retry
5 reasons to choose Cretan Renaissance
Why book with us?
Prices you can't beat!
Manage your bookings online
The staff speaks English
Booking is safe
One of our top picks in Chania
Most popular amenities
Services & Extras
- Tickets to shows/attractions Additional charge
Pets are not allowed.
- Cooking class Off-site Additional charge
- Bike tours Additional charge
- Walking tours Additional charge
- Diving Off-site Additional charge
Food & Drink
- On-site coffee shop
- Bottle of water
- Special diet meals (on request)
- Snack bar
- Breakfast in the room
Free! WiFi is available in all areas and is free of charge.
Free! Free public parking is available at a location nearby (reservation is not needed).
- Street parking
- Airport drop-off Additional charge
- Airport pickup Additional charge
Front Desk Services
- Invoice provided
- Private check-in/out
- Baggage storage
- Tour desk
- Express check-in/out
- Daily housekeeping
- Suit press Additional charge
- Ironing service Additional charge
- Dry cleaning Additional charge
- Laundry Additional charge
Safety & security
- Fire extinguishers
- CCTV outside property
- CCTV in common areas
- Shuttle service
- Grocery deliveries
- Airport shuttle (additional charge)
- Shuttle service (additional charge)
- Air conditioning
- Smoke-free property
- Hypoallergenic room available
- Car rental
- Packed lunches
- Soundproof rooms
- Honeymoon suite
- VIP room facilities
- Non-smoking rooms
- Room service
- Thermometers for guests provided by property
- First aid kits available
- Process in place to check health of guests
- Hand sanitizer in guest accommodation and common areas
- Shared stationery (e.g. printed menus, magazines, pens, paper) removed
- Staff follow all safety protocols as directed by local authorities
- Screens or physical barriers between staff and guests in appropriate areas
- Physical distancing rules followed
- Cashless payment available
Cleanliness & disinfection
- Guests have the option to cancel any cleaning services for their accommodation during their stay
- Property cleaned by professional cleaning companies
- Guest accommodation disinfected between stays
- Linens, towels, and laundry washed in accordance with local authority guidelines
- Use of cleaning chemicals that are effective against coronavirus
Food & drink safety
- All plates, cutlery, glasses, and other tableware sanitized
- Food can be delivered to guest accommodation
- Physical distancing in dining areas
What topic(s) do you want to know more about?
Thanks for your help!
Your opinion helps us figure out what kinds of info we should ask properties for.Back to property
Whoops! It looks like something went wrong submitting this. Try again?Retry
3:00 PM - 11:00 PM
9:00 AM - 11:00 AM
Cancellation and prepayment policies vary according to accommodations type. Please enter the dates of your stay and check what conditions apply to your preferred room.
Children & Beds
Children not allowed.
Crib and extra bed policies
There's no capacity for cribs at this property.
This property doesn't offer extra beds.
The minimum age for check-in is 18
Pets are not allowed.
Cretan Renaissance accepts these cards and reserves the right to temporarily hold an amount prior to arrival.
The fine print
In response to the coronavirus (COVID-19), additional safety and sanitation measures are currently in effect at this property.
Please inform Cretan Renaissance of your expected arrival time in advance. You can use the Special Requests box when booking, or contact the property directly using the contact details in your confirmation.
License number: 1042Κ133Κ3203701
FAQs about Cretan Renaissance
Room options at Cretan Renaissance include:
Cretan Renaissance offers the following activities/services (charges may apply):
- Bike tours
- Walking tours
- Cooking class
The following parking options are available to guests staying at Cretan Renaissance (subject to availability):
- Free parking
- Street parking
Guests staying at Cretan Renaissance can enjoy a highly-rated breakfast during their stay (guest review score: 9.4).
Breakfast option(s) include:
- À la carte
Check-in at Cretan Renaissance is from 3:00 PM, and check-out is until 11:00 AM.
The prices at Cretan Renaissance may vary depending on your stay (e.g. dates, hotel's policy etc.). To see prices, enter your dates.
From the nearest airport, you can get to Cretan Renaissance by:
- Taxi 25min