King George, a Luxury Collection Hotel
3 Vas. Georgiou A' Street, Syntagma Square, Athens, 10564, Greece –
Excellent location – rated 9.6/10! (score from 251 reviews)
Real guests • Real stays • Real opinions
Grand Suite with Acropolis View
Max adults: 4
Max children: 2 (up to 0 years of age)
Special Offer - Double Room
Deluxe Room with Acropolis view
Executive Grand Suite
Grand Suite with View
Classic Single Room
Deluxe Single Room
Deluxe Room with view
5 Reasons to Choose King George, a Luxury Collection Hotel
Why book with us?
Prices you can't beat!
Manage your bookings online
The staff speaks English
Booking is safe
One of our top picks in Athens
Hotel King George was originally built in 1837 as S. Skouloudis's mansion by the French architect V.E. Poitrinaeu. After the owner's death in 1928, it was renovated and for a short period operated as an appurtenance to the palace and later on as the Prime Minister's residence. In the early 1930's the entrepreneur K. Kalkanis bought the property and demolished it. In its place he built King George Palace, following the architectural designs of N. Zouboulidis. The hotel opened in 1936 and one of his first guests was King George II. During the last restoration, in 1955, three floors were added, so the hotel took its final form in 1958. Thirty years later the hotel closed and reopened, after its latest renovation in 2004.
Area Info – Guests loved walking around the neighborhood!
- Pallas Theater 0 miles
- Syntagma Square 0.1 miles
- Zoumboulakis Galleries 0.1 miles
- Syntagma Metro Station 0.1 miles
- Ministry of Finance 0.1 miles
- Mikro Pallas Theater 0.1 miles
- Thanassis Frissiras Gallery 0.1 miles
- Zappion - National Garden 0.1 miles
- Greek Parliament 0.1 miles
- Cypriot Embassy Athens 0.2 miles
Most Popular Landmarks
- Kolonaki Square 0.3 miles
- Museum of Cycladic Art 0.3 miles
- Benaki Museum 0.4 miles
- Adrianou Street 0.4 miles
- Dexameni Square 0.4 miles
- Anafiotika 0.4 miles
- Monastiraki Square 0.5 miles
- Acropolis 0.5 miles
- Parthenon 0.5 miles
- Byzantine Museum 0.5 miles
- Eleftherios Venizelos Airport 11.9 miles
What would you like to know?No thanks
Thank you for your time
Your feedback will help us improve this feature for all of our customersClose
We're sorry, but there was an error submitting your comment. Please try again.Retry
Tudor Hall Restaurant
Open for: Breakfast, Dinner
Most Popular Facilities
Health & Wellness Facilities
Pets are not allowed.
- Bicycle Rental (additional charge)
Food & Drink
- Special Diet Meals (upon request)
- Restaurant With Dining Menu
- Breakfast in the Room
Free! WiFi is available in public areas and is free of charge.
Free! WiFi is available in the hotel rooms and is free of charge.
Wired internet is available in the hotel rooms and costs EUR 10 per 24 hours.
Private parking is available at a location nearby (reservation is needed) and charges apply.
Front Desk Services
- Concierge Service
- Baggage Storage
- Ticket Service
- Tour Desk
- Currency Exchange
- Express Check-in/Check-out
- 24-Hour Front Desk
Entertainment & Family Services
- Babysitting/Child Services (additional charge)
- Daily Housekeeping
- Suit Press (additional charge)
- Ironing Service (additional charge)
- Dry Cleaning (additional charge)
- Laundry (additional charge)
- Fax/Photocopying (additional charge)
- Business Center
- Meeting/Banquet Facilities (additional charge)
- Shuttle Service
- Shuttle Service (additional charge)
- Air Conditioning
- All Spaces Non-Smoking (public and private)
- Shops (on site)
- Car Rental
- Soundproof Rooms
- Honeymoon Suite
- VIP Room Facilities
- Family Rooms
- Facilities for Disabled Guests
- Non-smoking Rooms
- Newspapers (additional charge)
- Room Service
We're sorry to hear thatNo, thanks
Your feedback will help us improve this feature for all our customers.Close
Whoops! It looks like something went wrong submitting this. Try again?Retry
From 2:00 PM
Until 12:00 PM
Cancellation and prepayment policies vary according to room type. Please enter the dates of your stay and check what conditions apply to your preferred room.
Children and Extra Beds
All children are welcome.
All children under 2 years stay free of charge in a crib.
All children under 12 years stay free of charge for extra beds.
Any additional older children or adults are charged EUR 68.14 per night for extra beds.
The maximum number of extra beds in a room is 1.
Any type of extra bed or crib is upon request and needs to be confirmed by management.
Additional fees are not calculated automatically in the total cost and will have to be paid for separately during your stay.
Pets are not allowed.
When booking more than 9 rooms, different policies and additional supplements may apply.
King George, a Luxury Collection Hotel accepts these cards and reserves the right to temporarily hold an amount prior to arrival.