Neos Omalos Hotel
Omalos Kydwnias, Chania, Omalos, 73005, Greece – Excellent location – show map
Excellent location – rated 9.5/10! (score from 596 reviews)
Real guests • Real stays • Real opinions
How guest reviews work
Each review score is between 1 and 10. To get the overall score, we add up all the review scores and divide that total by the number of review scores we received. Guests can also give separate subscores in crucial areas, such as location, cleanliness, staff, comfort, facilities, value, and free WiFi. Guests submit their subscores and their overall scores independently – there’s no direct link between them.
You can review an accommodation that you booked through our platform if you stayed there, or if you got to the property but didn’t actually stay there. To edit a review you’ve already submitted, contact our Customer Service team.
We have people and automated systems that specialize in detecting fake reviews submitted to our platform. If we find any, we delete them and, if necessary, take action against whoever is responsible.
Anyone who spots something suspicious can always report it to our Customer Service team so that our fraud team can investigate.
Ideally, we'd publish every review we get, positive and negative. However, we won’t display any reviews that include or refer to (among other things):
- Politically sensitive comments
- Promotional content
- Illegal activities
- Personal or sensitive info (e.g. emails, phone numbers, credit card info)
- Swear words, sexual references, hate speech, discriminatory remarks, threats, or references to violence
- Spam and fake content
- Animal cruelty
- Impersonation (i.e. if the writer is claiming to be someone else)
- Any violation of our review guidelines.
To make sure reviews are relevant, we may only accept reviews that are submitted within 3 months of checking out. We may stop showing reviews once they’re 36 months old, or if the accommodation has a change of ownership.
An accommodation can reply to a review.
When you see multiple reviews, the most recent ones will be at the top, subject to a few other factors (e.g. language, whether it’s just a rating or contains comments as well, etc.). You can sort and/or filter them by time of year, review score, and more.
Sometimes we show external review scores from other well-known travel websites, but make it clear when we do this.
Guidelines and Standards for Reviews
These guidelines and standards aim to keep the content on Booking.com relevant and family-friendly, without limiting expression or strong opinions. They're also applicable regardless of the comment's tone.
Contributions should be travel related. The most helpful contributions are detailed and help others make better decisions. Please don’t include personal, political, ethical, or religious commentary. Promotional content will be removed and issues concerning Booking.com’s services should be routed to our Customer Service or Accommodation Service teams.
Contributions should be appropriate for a global audience. Please avoid using profanity or attempts to approximate profanity with creative spelling, in any language. Comments and media that include hate speech, discriminatory remarks, threats, sexually explicit remarks, violence, or the promotion of illegal activity are not permitted.
All content should be genuine and unique to the guest. Reviews are most valuable when they are original and unbiased. Your contribution should be yours. Booking.com property partners should not post on behalf of guests or offer incentives in exchange for reviews. Attempts to bring down the rating of a competitor by submitting a negative review will not be tolerated.
Respect the privacy of others. Booking.com will make an effort to obscure email addresses, telephone numbers, website addresses, social media accounts, and other similar details.
The opinions expressed in contributions are those of Booking.com customers and properties, and not of Booking.com. Booking.com does not accept responsibility or liability for any reviews or responses. Booking.com is a distributor (without any obligation to verify) and not a publisher of these comments and responses.
By default, reviews are sorted based on the date of the review and on additional criteria to display the most relevant reviews, including but not limited to: your language, reviews with text, and non-anonymous reviews. Additional sorting options might be available (by type of traveler, by score, etc...).
This service may contain translations powered by Google. Google disclaims all warranties related to the translations, express or implied, including any warranties of accuracy, reliability, and any implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, and non-infringement.
There was a problem loading the reviews.
Neos Omalos guest rooms are heated/air-conditioned and each is en suite with shower, bath amenities and hairdryer. Standard amenities include free Wi-Fi and satellite TV.
Hotel Neos Omalos serves a Continental breakfast each morning. Traditional Cretan dishes prepared with fresh, local products are served at the hotel’s restaurant. Also available is a bar and a spacious reception lounge.
Neos Omalos is a 10-minute drive from Samaria’s Gorge and serves as a great base for mountaineering activities. Transfer service from the hotel to the gorge and free private parking are provided. Chania is 22 mi away.
Couples in particular like the location – they rated it 9.5 for a two-person trip.Neos Omalos Hotel has been welcoming Booking.com guests since Apr 1, 2011
Select dates to see this property's availability and prices
- Hi there. We are in Rythnemo and will be coming by bus. Is there a bus to you? And how do we get to the Gorge to start the hike? Many thanks LaraHello, There are every day buses from Chania to Omalos. For our clients we have transfer every morning to the entrance of Samaria gorge. Kind regardsAnswered on 20 August 2022
- Hi If we need transport to get to the hotel from chania and then to return to chania after our stay can this be arranged? If so how much per person? I am in a group of 5 people. Is it possible to do trips to Samaria Gorge and botanical gardens from the hotel? If so please tell me prices. Thank you!Hello the hotel has a minibus to take guests to the beginning of the area for free. Ιf you want a small bus for your travels we can arrange it. Yours sincerely GeorgeAnswered on 12 April 2022
- Hello! I want to hike Samaria begin August -) is it possible to catch the morning bus from Chania going to the entrance of Samaria from your place or is there another way of getting a ride? -) If I wanna catch the early bus to Samaria, will it be possible to still have breakfast? Thanks! AlexandraThe public bus from Chania to Samaria entrance is at 7:45, if you want you can stop at our hotel to have breakfast and then at 9:00 we can transfer you to The entrance of Samaria..Answered on 27 July 2021
- Hi, what does it mean you offer half board included. Does it mean dinner is included?half board mean include dinner thank youAnswered on 23 July 2021
- Open forLunch • Dinner
- AmbienceFamily-friendly • Traditional
- Dietary optionsVegetarian • Gluten-free
- Toilet paper
- Bathtub or shower
- Private Bathroom
- Free toiletries
- Wardrobe or closet
- Alarm clock
- Mountain view
- Garden view
- Sun deck
- Cleaning products
- Socket near the bed
- Satellite channels
- Coffee house on site
- FruitAdditional charge
- Wine/ChampagneAdditional charge
- Special diet meals (on request)
- Baggage storage
- Tour desk
- Currency exchange
- Daily housekeeping
- Fire extinguishers
- CCTV outside property
- CCTV in common areas
- Smoke alarms
- Security alarm
- Key access
- Shuttle serviceAdditional charge
- Shared lounge/TV area
- Smoke-free property
- Wake-up service
- Tile/Marble floor
- Packed lunches
- Soundproof rooms
- Facilities for disabled guests
- Non-smoking rooms
- Wake-up service/Alarm clock
- Bathroom emergency cord
- Upper floors accessible by stairs only
From 7:00 AM to 12:00 AM
From 7:00 AM to 12:00 PM
Cancellation and prepayment policies vary according to accommodations type. Please enter the dates of your stay and check what conditions apply to your preferred room.
Children & Beds
Children of all ages are welcome.
Children 3 and above are considered adults at this property.
To see correct prices and occupancy info, add the number and ages of children in your group to your search.
Crib and extra bed policies
Cribs and extra beds aren't available at this property.
No age restriction
There's no age requirement for check-in
Free! Pets are allowed on request. No extra charges.
Cash Neos Omalos Hotel accepts these cards and reserves the right to temporarily hold an amount prior to arrival.
FAQs about Neos Omalos Hotel
Neos Omalos Hotel has 1 restaurant:
Neos Omalos Hotel offers the following activities/services (charges may apply):
Neos Omalos Hotel is 0.8 miles from the center of Omalos.
Room options at Neos Omalos Hotel include:
Guests staying at Neos Omalos Hotel can enjoy a highly-rated breakfast during their stay (guest review score: 8.9).
Breakfast option(s) include:
Check-in at Neos Omalos Hotel is from 7:00 AM, and check-out is until 12:00 PM.
The prices at Neos Omalos Hotel may vary depending on your stay (e.g. dates, hotel's policy etc.). To see prices, enter your dates.