Pachamaya River Hostel
Ruta Semuc Champey Semil, 00000 Lanquín, Guatemala – Great location - show map
How guest reviews work
Each review score is between 1 and 10. To get the overall score, we add up all the review scores and divide that total by the number of review scores we received. Guests can also give separate subscores in crucial areas, such as location, cleanliness, staff, comfort, facilities, value, and free WiFi. Guests submit their subscores and their overall scores independently – there’s no direct link between them.
You can review an accommodation that you booked through our platform if you stayed there, or if you got to the property but didn’t actually stay there. To edit a review you’ve already submitted, contact our Customer Service team.
We have people and automated systems that specialize in detecting fake reviews submitted to our platform. If we find any, we delete them and, if necessary, take action against whoever is responsible.
Anyone who spots something suspicious can always report it to our Customer Service team so that our fraud team can investigate.
Ideally, we'd publish every review we get, positive and negative. However, we won’t display any reviews that include or refer to (among other things):
- Politically sensitive comments
- Promotional content
- Illegal activities
- Personal or sensitive info (e.g. emails, phone numbers, credit card info)
- Swear words, sexual references, hate speech, discriminatory remarks, threats, or references to violence
- Spam and fake content
- Animal cruelty
- Impersonation (i.e. if the writer is claiming to be someone else)
- Any violation of our review guidelines.
To make sure reviews are relevant, we may only accept reviews that are submitted within 3 months of checking out. We may stop showing reviews once they’re 36 months old, or if the accommodation has a change of ownership.
An accommodation can reply to a review.
When you see multiple reviews, the most recent ones will be at the top, subject to a few other factors (e.g. language, whether it’s just a rating or contains comments as well, etc.). You can sort and/or filter them by time of year, review score, and more.
Sometimes we show external review scores from other well-known travel websites, but make it clear when we do this.
Guidelines and Standards for Reviews
These guidelines and standards aim to keep the content on Booking.com relevant and family-friendly, without limiting expression or strong opinions. They're also applicable regardless of the comment's tone.
Contributions should be travel related. The most helpful contributions are detailed and help others make better decisions. Please don’t include personal, political, ethical, or religious commentary. Promotional content will be removed and issues concerning Booking.com’s services should be routed to our Customer Service or Accommodation Service teams.
Contributions should be appropriate for a global audience. Please avoid using profanity or attempts to approximate profanity with creative spelling, in any language. Comments and media that include hate speech, discriminatory remarks, threats, sexually explicit remarks, violence, or the promotion of illegal activity are not permitted.
All content should be genuine and unique to the guest. Reviews are most valuable when they are original and unbiased. Your contribution should be yours. Booking.com property partners should not post on behalf of guests or offer incentives in exchange for reviews. Attempts to bring down the rating of a competitor by submitting a negative review will not be tolerated.
Respect the privacy of others. Booking.com will make an effort to obscure email addresses, telephone numbers, website addresses, social media accounts, and other similar details.
The opinions expressed in contributions are those of Booking.com customers and properties, and not of Booking.com. Booking.com does not accept responsibility or liability for any reviews or responses. Booking.com is a distributor (without any obligation to verify) and not a publisher of these comments and responses.
By default, reviews are sorted based on the date of the review and on additional criteria to display the most relevant reviews, including but not limited to: your language, reviews with text, and non-anonymous reviews. Additional sorting options might be available (by type of traveler, by score, etc...).
This service may contain translations powered by Google. Google disclaims all warranties related to the translations, express or implied, including any warranties of accuracy, reliability, and any implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, and non-infringement.
There was a problem loading the reviews.
You're eligible for a Genius discount at Pachamaya River Hostel! To save at this property, all you have to do is sign in.Located within 0.6 mi of Semuc Champey, Pachamaya Eco Lodge in Lanquín has a number of amenities including a garden and a bar. Boasting a 24-hour front desk, this property also provides guests with a restaurant.
A breakfast is served every morning at the property.
Couples in particular like the location – they rated it 9.2 for a two-person trip.Pachamaya River Hostel has been welcoming Booking.com guests since Jul 26, 2018
Select dates to see this property's availability and prices
- Is your private beach next to the property or do I need to use a means of transportation to go there?It is a river beach within our property, free transport to our property from Lanquin everyday.Answered on 7 September 2019
- When is the best time to visit your property for the perfect beach holiday?Our beach is a river beach, so anytime but the months of February-April tend to be very hot, so it's lovely to cool off in the river.Answered on 7 September 2019
- Is there WiFi at all?At the moment we share data from our phones so that you can use basic internet services.Answered on 10 June 2022
- Do any of the rooms offer two beds?we can change any room to be two beds if requestedAnswered on 7 September 2019
- How many beds are in the mixed dorms? Also, are there any all female dorms? And in the case of the double room with shared bathroom, how many people a..There are 16 capsule-style beds in the dorm, there are not currently any female dorms offered but our private room with shared bathroom often has very..Answered on 7 September 2019
- Still looking?
- Open forBreakfast • Lunch • Dinner
- Dietary optionsVegetarian
- Picnic area
- Outdoor furniture
- Sun deck
- Private beach area
- BBQ facilitiesAdditional charge
- Cooking classAdditional chargeOff-site
- Tour or class about local cultureAdditional charge
- Happy hour
- Themed dinnersAdditional charge
- Bike toursAdditional charge
- Walking toursAdditional charge
- HikingAdditional chargeOff-site
- FishingAdditional charge
- FruitAdditional charge
- Wine/ChampagneAdditional charge
- Street parking
- Accessible parking
- Shuttle serviceAdditional charge
- Daily housekeeping
- Shared lounge/TV area
- LaundryAdditional charge
- Airport shuttleAdditional charge
- 24-hour front desk
- Key access
- 24-hour security
- Designated smoking area
- Smoke-free property
- Family rooms
- Non-smoking rooms
- Beach umbrellas
From 2:00 PM to 10:00 PM
Guests are required to show a photo ID and credit card at check-in
From 6:00 AM to 12:00 PM
Cancellation and prepayment policies vary according to accommodations type. Please enter the dates of your stay and check what conditions apply to your preferred room.
Children & Beds
Children of all ages are welcome.
To see correct prices and occupancy info, add the number and ages of children in your group to your search.
Crib and extra bed policies
Prices for extra beds aren't included in the total price. They'll have to be paid for separately during your stay.
The number of extra beds allowed depends on the option you choose. Check your selected option for more info.
There are no cribs available at this property.
All extra beds are subject to availability.
No age restriction
There's no age requirement for check-in
Pets are allowed. Charges may apply.
This property only accepts cash payments.
The fine print
Guests are required to show a photo ID and credit card upon check-in. Please note that all Special Requests are subject to availability and additional charges may apply.
Payment before arrival by bank transfer is required. The property will contact you after you book to provide instructions.