Errigal Country House Hotel
Cavan Road, Cootehill, Ireland – Show map
Two Nights B&B and 1 Dinner
Deluxe Double Room
Max adults: 2
Max children: 3 (up to 2 years of age)
Lodge Double Room
Lodge Twin Room
Errigal House was built circa 1830 by Thomas Coote, the son of Charles, Earl of Bellamont of Bellamont Forest, Cootehill. The Coote family came to the area during the seventeenth century when Sir Charles Coote, a Cromwellian general, received grants of land in this area. The original name of the house was “Fort William”, through it now takes its name from the town land in which it is situated, Errigal. The original house was Georgian in design, but was later modified and enlarged in the 1880’s in Tudor Revival style. The front of the house, which survives in the present hotel, dates from this period. Originally the house had two gate lodges, one opposite to the original entrance, with another closer to Cootehill. Behind the house, which was surrounded by parkland, were stone farm buildings including labourers’ cottages. A rath, or ring fort, which is situated on the hill behind the hotel, indicates early human activity along the Annalee River. This rath measures c.32m on its internal diameter. The building had numerous after being sold by the Coote family, including the Mooreheads, a doctor’s family. At different stages it was the rectory for the church of Ire
Errigal Country House Hotel takes special requests – add in the next step!
Area Info – Show map
- Killeen Golf Club 2.3 miles
- Monaghan Golf Driving Range 3 miles
- Rathkenny House 3.5 miles
- Maudabawn Cultural Centre 4 miles
- Tanagh Outdoor Education Centre 4.5 miles
- Clones Golf Club 7.4 miles
- Hilton Park Victorian Gardens 9.8 miles
- Ballyhaise College 10.1 miles
- Cavan Crystal Showroom 11.2 miles
- The Wesleyan Chapel Arts, Cultural & Tourism Centre 11.4 miles
Most Popular Landmarks
- Solart Art Gallery and Framing Services 11.4 miles
- The Cathedral of Saint Patrick and Saint Felim 11.6 miles
- Wesleyan Preaching House 11.6 miles
- Moybolgue Church 11.6 miles
- Cavan Genealogy Centre 11.7 miles
- St. Mary's Abbey 11.7 miles
- Shenandoah Stables 12.4 miles
- Belfast International Airport 54.7 miles
- Dublin Airport 56.2 miles
What would you like to know?No thanks
Thank you for your time
Your feedback will help us improve this feature for all of our customersClose
We're sorry, but there was an error submitting your comment. Please try again.Retry
Open for: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner
5 Reasons to Choose Errigal Country House Hotel
Prices you can't beat!
Manage your bookings online
The staff speaks English
Booking is safe
Pool and Spa
- Hot Tub/Jacuzzi
- Massage (additional charge)
- Spa (additional charge)
- Sauna (additional charge)
Pets are not allowed.
- Horseback Riding
Food & Drink
- Breakfast in the Room
Free! WiFi is available in the hotel rooms and is free of charge.
Free! Free public parking is available on site (reservation is not needed).
- Baggage Storage
- Packed Lunches
- Honeymoon Suite
- Business Center
- 24-Hour Front Desk
- Meeting/Banquet Facilities (additional charge)
- Room Service
- Designated Smoking Area
- Air Conditioning
- All Spaces Non-Smoking (public and private)
- Family Rooms
- Facilities for Disabled Guests
- Non-Smoking Rooms
What topic(s) do you want to know more about?
Thanks for your help!
Your opinion helps us figure out what kinds of info we should ask properties for.Back to property
Whoops! It looks like something went wrong submitting this. Try again?Retry
3:00 PM - 11:00 PM
7:00 AM - 12:00 PM
Cancellation and prepayment policies vary according to room type. Please enter the dates of your stay and check what conditions apply to your preferred room.
Children and Extra Beds
All children are welcome.
There is no capacity for extra beds in the room.
Pets are not allowed.
Cards accepted at this property
Hover over the cards for more info.