Monea, Milltown, H14 DX00 Belturbet, Ireland – Excellent location - show map
Excellent location — rated 9.3/10! (score from 297 reviews)
Real guests • Real stays • Real opinions
How guest reviews work
Each review score is between 1-10. To get the overall score that you see, we add up all the review scores we’ve received and divide that total by the number of review scores we’ve received. In addition, guests can give separate ‘subscores’ in crucial areas, such as location, cleanliness, staff, comfort, facilities, value for money and free Wi-Fi. Note that guests submit their subscores and their overall scores independently, so there’s no direct link between them.
You can review an Accommodation that you booked through our Platform if you stayed there or if you arrived at the property but didn’t actually stay there. To edit a review you’ve already submitted, please contact our Customer Service team.
We have people and automated systems that specialise in detecting fake reviews submitted to our Platform. If we find any, we delete them and, if necessary, take action against whoever is responsible.
Anyone else who spots something suspicious can always report it to our Customer Service team, so our Fraud team can investigate.
Ideally, we would publish every review we receive, whether positive or negative. However, we won’t display any review that includes or refers to (among other things):
- Politically sensitive comments
- Promotional content
- Illegal activities
- Personal or sensitive information (e.g. emails, phone numbers or credit card info)
- Swear words, sexual references, hate speech, discriminatory remarks, threats, or references to violence
- Spam and fake content
- Animal cruelty
- Impersonation (e.g. if the writer is claiming to be someone else)
- Any violation of our review guidelines.
To make sure reviews are relevant, we may only accept reviews that are submitted within 3 months of checking out, and we may stop showing reviews once they’re 36 months old – or if the Accommodation has a change of ownership.
An Accommodation may choose to reply to a review.
When you see multiple reviews, the most recent ones will be at the top, subject to a few other factors (what language a review is in, whether it’s just a rating or contains comments as well, etc.). If you like, you can sort and/or filter them (by time of year, review score, etc.).
We sometimes show external review scores from other well-known travel websites. We make it clear when we’ve done this.
Guidelines and standards for Reviews
These guidelines and standards aim to keep the content on Booking.com relevant and family-friendly without limiting expression of strong opinions. They are also applicable regardless of the sentiment of the comment.
Contributions should be travel related. The most helpful contributions are detailed and help others make better decisions. Please don’t include personal, political, ethical, or religious commentary. Promotional content will be removed and issues concerning Booking.com’s services should be routed to our Customer Service or Accommodation Service teams.
Contributions should be appropriate for a global audience. Please avoid using profanity or attempts to approximate profanity with creative spelling, in any language. Comments and media that include 'hate speech', discriminatory remarks, threats, sexually explicit remarks, violence, and the promotion of illegal activity are not permitted.
All content should be genuine and unique to the guest. Reviews are most valuable when they are original and unbiased. Your contribution should be yours. Booking.com property partners should not post on behalf of guests or offer incentives in exchange for reviews. Attempts to bring down the rating of a competitor by submitting a negative review will not be tolerated.
Respect the privacy of others. Booking.com will make an effort to obscure email addresses, telephone numbers, website addresses, social media accounts, and similar details.
The opinions expressed in contributions are those of Booking.com customers and properties and not of Booking.com. Booking.com does not accept responsibility or liability for any reviews or responses. Booking.com is a distributor (without any obligation to verify) and not a publisher of these comments and responses.
By default, reviews are sorted based on the date of the review and on additional criteria to display the most relevant reviews, including but not limited to: your language, reviews with text, and non-anonymous reviews. Additional sorting options may be available (by type of traveller, by score, etc.).
This service may contain translations powered by Google. Google disclaims all warranties related to the translations, express or implied, including any warranties of accuracy, reliability, and any implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose and non-infringement.
There was a problem loading the reviews.
All guest rooms in the bed and breakfast are equipped with a flat-screen TV. Hawthorn Lodge offers some units with lake views, and the rooms come with a kettle. The units have a wardrobe.
Breakfast is available each morning, and includes continental and Full English/Irish options.
Couples particularly like the location — they rated it 9.2 for a two-person trip.Hawthorn Lodge has been welcoming Booking.com guests since 9 Mar 2018.
Select dates to see this property's availability and prices
- How far are you from the slieve Russell hotel please?We are approximately a ten minute car journey away from the Slieve Russell hotel.Answered on 14 November 2021
- Hi. Does each bedroom have its own bathroom or are there shared bathrooms? Thank you, from Carolyn HaydenHi Carolyn. Thank you for your query. Guest's bedrooms have their own en-suites with a personal shower room, toilet and sink. There are no shared bathrooms.Answered on 17 November 2022
- That’s is great . We have to be in Ballyhaise fir 10am or 10.15. We will book it plsNo worries. Many thanks. Kind regards. Samantha.Answered on 21 September 2021
- Hi we are a family of 5 coming from Kerry to a family anniversary mass. Would u have 2 rooms to accommodate us pls 25th if sept to 26th . Thank youHello there. Thank you for your enquiry. At this present moment in time, we have a Family room and a Twin room available for those dates specified..Answered on 19 September 2021
- Hi there. There's 8 of us attending a wedding in slieve russell on 17th July 2021. 4 couples. Would you have any availability for us all? Thank you.Dear Client, Thank you for your enquiry. At the moment, we can accommodate four couples for the 17th July 2021. Regards, Pauline Rodgers.Answered on 27 June 2020
- Still looking?
Managed by Hawthorn Lodge B&B, Milltown, Belturbet.
- Toilet paper
- Bath or shower
- Free toiletries
- Wardrobe or closet
- Alarm clock
- Garden view
- Lake view
- Outdoor furniture
- Electric kettle
- Socket near the bed
- Live sport events (broadcast)Off-site
- Live music/performanceOff-site
- Cooking classAdditional chargeOff-site
- Movie nightsAdditional chargeOff-site
- Stand-up comedyAdditional chargeOff-site
- Temporary art galleriesOff-site
- Water parkAdditional chargeOff-site
- Horse ridingAdditional chargeOff-site
- CanoeingAdditional chargeOff-site
- FishingAdditional chargeOff-site
- Flat-screen TV
- Kid meals
- Special diet menus (on request)
- Tea/Coffee maker
- Accessible parking
- Daily housekeeping
- Shared lounge/TV area
- Luggage storage
- Wake-up service
- Packed lunches
- Express check-in/check-out
- Invoice provided
- Kids' outdoor play equipment
- Board games/puzzles
- Fire extinguishers
- Smoke alarms
- Security alarm
- Key access
- Designated smoking area
- Non-smoking throughout
- Family rooms
- Ironing facilities
- Non-smoking rooms
- Upper floors accessible by stairs only
From 16:00 to 20:00
From 08:00 to 11:00
Cancellation and prepayment policies vary according to accommodation type. Please enter the dates of your stay and check the conditions of your required room.
Children and beds
Children of any age are welcome.
To see correct prices and occupancy information, please add the number of children in your group and their ages to your search.
Cot and extra bed policies
Cots and extra beds are not available at this property.
No age restriction
There is no age requirement for check-in
Cash Hawthorn Lodge accepts these cards and reserves the right to temporarily hold an amount prior to arrival.
Smoking is not allowed.
Parties/events are not allowed
Pets are not allowed.
The fine print
In response to Coronavirus (COVID-19), additional safety and sanitation measures are in effect at this property.
Food & beverage services at this property may be limited or unavailable due to Coronavirus (COVID-19).
Due to Coronavirus (COVID-19), this property is taking steps to help protect the safety of guests and staff. Certain services and amenities may be reduced or unavailable as a result.
Due to Coronavirus (COVID-19), this property adheres to strict physical distancing measures.
Due to Coronavirus (COVID-19), wearing a face mask is mandatory in all indoor common areas.
It is not possible to stay at this property for Coronavirus (COVID-19) quarantine purposes.
Please inform Hawthorn Lodge in advance of your expected arrival time. You can use the Special Requests box when booking, or contact the property directly with the contact details provided in your confirmation.
This property will not accommodate hen, stag or similar parties.
FAQs about Hawthorn Lodge
Guests staying at Hawthorn Lodge can enjoy a highly-rated breakfast during their stay (guest review score: 10.0).
Breakfast option(s) include:
- Full English/Irish
- À la carte
- Breakfast to go
Room options at Hawthorn Lodge include:
The prices at Hawthorn Lodge may vary depending on your stay (e.g. dates you select, hotel's policy etc.). See the prices by entering your dates.
Check-in at Hawthorn Lodge is from 16:00, and check-out is until 11:00.
Hawthorn Lodge offers the following activities / services (charges may apply):
- Water park
- Temporary art galleries
- Horse riding
- Live music/performance
- Stand-up comedy
- Cooking class
- Movie nights
- Live sport events (broadcast)
Yes, Hawthorn Lodge is popular with guests booking family stays.
Hawthorn Lodge is 2.9 miles from the centre of Belturbet.