Featuring a Thai restaurant and tearooms, the Kells Bay House is set on 40 acres of unique gardens with subtropical plants. Overlooking Dingle Bay, the Palm Gardens offer direct access to a Blue Flag beach.
With views of Palm Gardens and the mountains across Kells Bay, the rooms have ironing facilities, and either an en suite or private external bathroom with complimentary toiletries and a hairdryer. Free Wi-Fi is available throughout the property.
In the mornings, the Kells Bay House serves full Irish breakfast. Guests can also enjoy Thai cuisine from the ‘Sala Thai’ restaurant, with views over Dingle Bay. During the day, the onsite Tea Room offers scones and sandwiches.
The Kells Bay House and Gardens is ideally located along the popular Ring of Kerry. The Macgillycuddy’s Reeks are just 19 mi away. Kells Bay guests can enjoy a 600 feet walk through Palm Gardens, to the Blue Flag Kells Beach. Guests can also take boat trips to the Skellig and Valentia Islands. Free parking is available at the Kells Bay House.
Couples in particular like the location – they rated it 9.6 for a two-person trip.
Kells Bay Beach9.0 Wonderful beach1,200 feet from property
- It does not look like breakfast is included in the price of the rooms. Is this an optional extra and what is the cost? Best wishes, PaulDear Paul, Yes the rates we have quoted are room rates only. Breakfast is an optional extra in our Dining Room each day. Cost per person is €12.00 Kin..Answered on February 17, 2020
- Is breakfast availableYes, we have full Irish breakfast and other choices available as an optional extra each morning for a cost of €12.50 per person. It may be booked at a..Answered on October 1, 2020
- Hi, do you allow dogs? I have a small, quiet dog. Thank youUnfortunately not, we don't allow pets in our accommodation.Answered on February 11, 2021
- Hi , is there an extra charge to visit the gardens?Hello, all of our accommodation guests have complimentary access to the Gardens.Answered on March 5, 2022
- We will not have a car. Is there public or private transportation available to/from the hotel to Valencia Island, Dingle, or the Ring of Kerry?There is a bus twice daily from Killarney to Kells, to the upper main road (only 1 bus a day on Sunday and Bank Holidays). However it is approximately..Answered on January 10, 2020
- Still looking?
Sala Thai Restaurant
The Conservatory Café
Food: Thai, European
3:00 PM - 9:00 PM
Until 11:00 AM
Cancellation and prepayment policies vary according to accommodations type. Please enter the dates of your stay and check what conditions apply to your preferred room.
Children & Beds
Children over 6 are welcome.
Children 7 and above are considered adults at this property.
To see correct prices and occupancy info, add the number and ages of children in your group to your search.
Crib and extra bed policies
Cribs and extra beds aren't available at this property.
The minimum age for check-in is 18
Kells Bay House and Gardens accepts these cards and reserves the right to temporarily hold an amount prior to arrival.
Smoking is not allowed.
Parties/events are not allowed
Guests need be quiet between 10:00 PM and 9:00 AM.
Pets are not allowed.
FAQs about Kells Bay House and Gardens
The prices at Kells Bay House and Gardens may vary depending on your stay (e.g. dates, hotel's policy etc.). To see prices, enter your dates.
Kells Bay House and Gardens is 1,800 feet from the center of Kells.
From the nearest airport, you can get to Kells Bay House and Gardens by:
- Car 50min
The nearest beach is 150 feet from Kells Bay House and Gardens.
Guests staying at Kells Bay House and Gardens can enjoy a highly-rated breakfast during their stay (guest review score: 7.5).
Breakfast option(s) include:
- Full English/Irish
Kells Bay House and Gardens offers the following activities/services (charges may apply):
- Water sports facilities on site
Check-in at Kells Bay House and Gardens is from 3:00 PM, and check-out is until 11:00 AM.
Kells Bay House and Gardens has 2 restaurants:
- Sala Thai Restaurant
- The Conservatory Café
Room options at Kells Bay House and Gardens include:
Yes, Kells Bay House and Gardens is popular with guests booking family stays.