Herbert Road, Sandymount, D4 Dublin, Ireland – Excellent location - show map
Excellent location — rated 9.0/10! (score from 1496 reviews)
Real guests • Real stays • Real opinions
How guest reviews work
Each review score is between 1-10. To get the overall score that you see, we add up all the review scores we’ve received and divide that total by the number of review scores we’ve received. In addition, guests can give separate ‘subscores’ in crucial areas, such as location, cleanliness, staff, comfort, facilities, value for money and free Wi-Fi. Note that guests submit their subscores and their overall scores independently, so there’s no direct link between them.
You can review an Accommodation that you booked through our Platform if you stayed there or if you arrived at the property but didn’t actually stay there. To edit a review you’ve already submitted, please contact our Customer Service team.
We have people and automated systems that specialise in detecting fake reviews submitted to our Platform. If we find any, we delete them and, if necessary, take action against whoever is responsible.
Anyone else who spots something suspicious can always report it to our Customer Service team, so our Fraud team can investigate.
Ideally, we would publish every review we receive, whether positive or negative. However, we won’t display any review that includes or refers to (among other things):
- Politically sensitive comments
- Promotional content
- Illegal activities
- Personal or sensitive information (e.g. emails, phone numbers or credit card info)
- Swear words, sexual references, hate speech, discriminatory remarks, threats, or references to violence
- Spam and fake content
- Animal cruelty
- Impersonation (e.g. if the writer is claiming to be someone else)
- Any violation of our review guidelines.
To make sure reviews are relevant, we may only accept reviews that are submitted within 3 months of checking out, and we may stop showing reviews once they’re 36 months old – or if the Accommodation has a change of ownership.
An Accommodation may choose to reply to a review.
When you see multiple reviews, the most recent ones will be at the top, subject to a few other factors (what language a review is in, whether it’s just a rating or contains comments as well, etc.). If you like, you can sort and/or filter them (by time of year, review score, etc.).
We sometimes show external review scores from other well-known travel websites. We make it clear when we’ve done this.
Guidelines and standards for Reviews
These guidelines and standards aim to keep the content on Booking.com relevant and family-friendly without limiting expression of strong opinions. They are also applicable regardless of the sentiment of the comment.
Contributions should be travel related. The most helpful contributions are detailed and help others make better decisions. Please don’t include personal, political, ethical, or religious commentary. Promotional content will be removed and issues concerning Booking.com’s services should be routed to our Customer Service or Accommodation Service teams.
Contributions should be appropriate for a global audience. Please avoid using profanity or attempts to approximate profanity with creative spelling, in any language. Comments and media that include 'hate speech', discriminatory remarks, threats, sexually explicit remarks, violence, and the promotion of illegal activity are not permitted.
All content should be genuine and unique to the guest. Reviews are most valuable when they are original and unbiased. Your contribution should be yours. Booking.com property partners should not post on behalf of guests or offer incentives in exchange for reviews. Attempts to bring down the rating of a competitor by submitting a negative review will not be tolerated.
Respect the privacy of others. Booking.com will make an effort to obscure email addresses, telephone numbers, website addresses, social media accounts, and similar details.
The opinions expressed in contributions are those of Booking.com customers and properties and not of Booking.com. Booking.com does not accept responsibility or liability for any reviews or responses. Booking.com is a distributor (without any obligation to verify) and not a publisher of these comments and responses.
By default, reviews are sorted based on the date of the review and on additional criteria to display the most relevant reviews, including but not limited to: your language, reviews with text, and non-anonymous reviews. Additional sorting options may be available (by type of traveller, by score, etc.).
This service may contain translations powered by Google. Google disclaims all warranties related to the translations, express or implied, including any warranties of accuracy, reliability, and any implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose and non-infringement.
There was a problem loading the reviews.
Each room at Sandymount Hotel features an en suite bathroom and a hairdryer. Rooms also include a flat-screen TV, tea/coffee making facilities and an iron. The property has been awarded Eco-Label certification by the Green Hospitality Programme.
Full Irish and continental breakfast is served daily. For lunch and dinner guests can enjoy the delicious food at Line Out Bar overlooking private gardens.
Sandymount Hotel also offers guests a free shuttle bus service to nearby locations, this is subject to availability and must be booked in advance. .
The 3 Arena is less than a 10-minute drive from the hotel. The DART rail link is just a 5-minute walk away and will give you access to the city’s top attractions including Grafton Street, the Guinness Storehouse and Dublin Castle.
Couples particularly like the location — they rated it 9.0 for a two-person trip.Sandymount Hotel has been welcoming Booking.com guests since 11 Jan 2008.
Select dates to see this property's availability and prices
- How is parking situation? How long a walk to city center? Buses or trams nearby?We provide complimentary parking for our guests. This is on a first come first served basis. We are situated just 30 mins walk to the city centre. ..Answered on 24 February 2020
- Do u have a swimming poolThere is no pool at our property however there is a public pool 4 mins walk from the hotel. This pool is open from 6.15 am with the last swim at 8.30..Answered on 2 March 2020
- is breakfast includedIt depends if you have booked a room only rate (no breakfast) or a bed and breakfast rate (includes breakfast) Please check the rate information for ..Answered on 31 December 2019
- Is there a complimentary shuttle service to the airport?no, unfortunately we do not have airport shuttle bus services.Answered on 26 November 2019
- How long to walk to 3 arenaGood morning, we are close to the 3Arena - it will a maximum of 20 minute walk or around 5 minutes by carAnswered on 26 November 2019
- Still looking?
- Whittys Restaurant
- CuisineIrish • Italian • Pizza • International
- AmbianceFamily friendly • Traditional • Romantic
- Dietary optionsHalal • Kosher • Vegetarian • Vegan • Gluten-free • Dairy-free
- Restaurant #2
- Open forBreakfast • Lunch • Dinner
- AmbianceFamily friendly • Traditional
- Dietary optionsVegetarian • Vegan • Gluten-free • Dairy-free
- Toilet paper
- Towels/sheets (extra fee)
- Bath or shower
- Private bathroom
- Free toiletries
- Wardrobe or closet
- Picnic area
- Outdoor furniture
- Sun terrace
- BBQ facilitiesAdditional charge
- Dining table
- Electric kettle
- Socket near the bed
- Clothes rack
- Live sport events (broadcast)
- Dining area
- Streaming service (like Netflix)
- Flat-screen TV
- Satellite channels
- Coffee house on site
- FruitsAdditional charge
- Wine/champagneAdditional charge
- Kid-friendly buffet
- Kid mealsAdditional charge
- Special diet menus (on request)
- Snack bar
- Breakfast in the room
- Tea/Coffee maker
- Electric vehicle charging station
- Accessible parking
- Public transport ticketsAdditional charge
- Invoice provided
- Concierge service
- Luggage storage
- Tour desk
- Currency exchange
- 24-hour front desk
- Babysitting/child servicesAdditional charge
- Daily housekeeping
- Ironing serviceAdditional charge
- Dry cleaningAdditional charge
- LaundryAdditional charge
- Fax/photocopyingAdditional charge
- Business centre
- Meeting/banquet facilitiesAdditional charge
- Fire extinguishers
- CCTV outside property
- CCTV in common areas
- Smoke alarms
- Security alarm
- Key card access
- Key access
- 24-hour security
- Safety deposit box
- Shared lounge/TV area
- Designated smoking area
- Non-smoking throughout
- Wake-up service
- Laptop safe
- Packed lunches
- Family rooms
- Ironing facilities
- Facilities for disabled guests
- Non-smoking rooms
- Wake up service/Alarm clock
- Room service
- Emergency cord in bathroom
- Lower bathroom sink
- Higher level toilet
- Toilet with grab rails
- Wheelchair accessible
- Upper floors accessible by elevator
- Fitness centre
From 15:00 to 00:00
Guests are required to show a photo identification and credit card upon check-in
Cancellation and prepayment policies vary according to accommodation type. Please enter the dates of your stay and check the conditions of your required room.
Children and beds
Children of any age are welcome.
To see correct prices and occupancy information, please add the number of children in your group and their ages to your search.
Cot and extra bed policies
The number of cots allowed is dependent on the option you choose. Please check your selected option for more information.
There are no extra beds available at this property.
All cots are subject to availability.
The minimum age for check-in is 18
Pets are not allowed.
When booking more than 7 rooms, different policies and additional supplements may apply.
Cash is not accepted Sandymount Hotel accepts these cards and reserves the right to temporarily hold an amount prior to arrival.
The fine print
You will pay in Sandymount Hotel's local currency - exchange rate may vary.
Booking for 5 rooms or more will subject to group terms and conditions
Guests are required to show a photo identification and credit card upon check-in. Please note that all Special Requests are subject to availability and additional charges may apply.
Please inform Sandymount Hotel in advance of your expected arrival time. You can use the Special Requests box when booking, or contact the property directly with the contact details provided in your confirmation.
FAQs about Sandymount Hotel
The prices at Sandymount Hotel may vary depending on your stay (e.g. dates you select, hotel's policy etc.). See the prices by entering your dates.
Sandymount Hotel is 1.9 miles from the centre of Dublin.
Check-in at Sandymount Hotel is from 15:00, and check-out is until 12:00.
Guests staying at Sandymount Hotel can enjoy a highly-rated breakfast during their stay (guest review score: 8.1).
Breakfast option(s) include:
- Full English/Irish
Sandymount Hotel offers the following activities / services (charges may apply):
- Fitness centre
- Live sport events (broadcast)
Sandymount Hotel has 2 restaurants:
- Restaurant #2
- Whittys Restaurant
Room options at Sandymount Hotel include:
The nearest beach is just 800 yards from Sandymount Hotel.