The Connacht Hotel is located close to Lough Atalia, 1.5 miles from the city center. It features a leisure center with a 50 feet pool, spacious rooms, free Wi-Fi, and free parking.
Rooms at The Connacht are bright and modern in design and feature free internet access, a daily newspaper and an in room safe. They also include a hairdryer, ironing station and tea/coffee-making facilities.
Breakfast and dinner is served in Reubens Restaurant, which has a warm and friendly atmosphere. Bar Solo offers a bright and spacious area that is perfect for mid-morning tea and scones, lunch or an evening snack with regular live music.
Active Leisure & Fitness offers a sauna, steam room, hot tub and a gym.
There is a bus stop outside of the hotel with regular services to the city center. Greyhound Stadium and Connacht Rugby are 0.7 mi away and Galway Racecourse is a 10-minute drive away.
Couples in particular like the location – they rated it 8.6 for a two-person trip.
Most popular amenities
ATM & Currency Exchange: Need cash? There's an ATM and a currency exchange service at this property.
Select dates to see this property's availability and prices
- Are the spa and leisure facilities operating with the covid restrictions?Good morning the pool and gym are open but not the sauna, steam room and jacuzzi. You will need to book timeslots for these facilitiesAnswered on July 14, 2020
- Hello, is the swimming pool currently in operation with Covid-19? Thanks, JacobYes the pool is open but time slots need to be reserved. The sauna, steam and jacuzzi is not openAnswered on July 13, 2020
- Could you tell me what time breakfast is served from pleaseDear Guest, Thank you very much for your enquiry. Breakfast is being served from 7.00 till 10.30 Monday till Friday and from 7.00 till 11.00 Saturday ..Answered on January 8, 2020
- Is there a tv in each bedroom or is the tv in the living area.Good morning in the family suites there is a TV in both roomsAnswered on August 26, 2019
- do you offer smoking friendly rooms ?Dear Guest, Thank you very much for your enquiry. Our hotel is a non-smoking hotel and all rooms would be non-smoking. The only smoking area would be..Answered on December 30, 2019
- Still looking?
Food: Irish, Local, International
Most popular amenities
From 3:30 PM
Guests are required to show a photo ID and credit card at check-in
Until 11:30 AM
Cancellation and prepayment policies vary according to accommodations type. Please enter the dates of your stay and check what conditions apply to your preferred room.
Children & Beds
Children of all ages are welcome.
Children 13 and above are considered adults at this property.
To see correct prices and occupancy info, add the number and ages of children in your group to your search.
Crib and extra bed policies
The number of cribs allowed depends on the option you choose. Check your selected option for more info.
There are no extra beds available at this property.
All cribs are subject to availability.
The minimum age for check-in is 18
Pets are not allowed.
When booking more than 3 rooms, different policies and additional supplements may apply.
The Connacht Hotel accepts these cards and reserves the right to temporarily hold an amount prior to arrival.
The fine print
For group bookings of 3 and more rooms special terms and conditions apply.
Check-in is from 15:30. The property cannot facilitate early check-in during peak season.
Apartments are serviced only for stays over 5 days. They will be serviced twice a week for stays of 7 days or more. Should guests wish the apartments to be serviced daily, there will be an additional fee charged.
Guests are required to show a photo ID and credit card upon check-in. Please note that all Special Requests are subject to availability and additional charges may apply.
FAQs about The Connacht Hotel
The Connacht Hotel is 1.2 miles from the center of Galway.
The Connacht Hotel offers the following activities/services (charges may apply):
- Fitness center
- Hot tub/Jacuzzi
- Game room
- Kids' club
- Evening entertainment
- Steam room
- Personal trainer
- Swimming pool
- Locker rooms
- Live music/Performance
- Entertainment staff
- Live sports events (broadcast)
- Fitness classes
Room options at The Connacht Hotel include:
The prices at The Connacht Hotel may vary depending on your stay (e.g. dates, hotel's policy etc.). To see prices, enter your dates.
Check-in at The Connacht Hotel is from 3:30 PM, and check-out is until 11:30 AM.
From the nearest airport, you can get to The Connacht Hotel by:
- Taxi 1h
Yes, this hotel has a pool. See details about the pool and other facilities on this page.
Yes, there's a hot tub. You can find out more about this and the other facilities at The Connacht Hotel on this page.
Guests staying at The Connacht Hotel can enjoy a highly-rated breakfast during their stay (guest review score: 8.1).
Breakfast option(s) include:
- Full English/Irish
The Connacht Hotel has 1 restaurant:
Yes, The Connacht Hotel is popular with guests booking family stays.