Bed and Breakfast The Stone House B&B
The Stone House Lifeboat Road, P81VP77 Baltimore, Ireland – Excellent location – show map
Excellent location – rated 9.4/10! (score from 180 reviews)
Real guests • Real stays • Real opinions
Got a question?
Find more info in the questions and answers. Need something else? Send your own question to the property below.
About The Stone House B&B
Thanks! You'll receive an email as soon as the property answers your question.
• We are a family run Bed & Breakfast in business since 1997 with just 4 rooms and pride ourselves on attention to detail, home baking and helping our guests make plans for dining, local activities, places to visit and routes onwards. • Breakfast – no less than 10 choices include vegan, vegetarian, fish or meat with of course the full Irish (grilled), salmon, mackerel or kippers, eggs 4-ways, pancakes, porridge and all home-baked breads, home-made yoghurt, lemon curd and jams. We source our ingredients locally as much as possible. Lactose intolerant – no problem with Alpro alternatives and equally OK for wheatfree or glutenfree selections (although advance notice for these would be appreciated). • We have free off-street parking. There’s a laptop for your use and free Wi-Fi in the house. We have maps and reference books for you to use whilst staying with us and there’s a great selection of herbal, fruit and standard teas and coffee. • Unfortunately due to the age of the building, there is no wheelchair access to our house with front door steps to the entrance and stairs to the bedrooms which are all located on 1st floor.
• Coming from a large family of 9 kids and having studied languages and living spells abroad in France, UK and since 1997 Ireland I am well versed in dealing with the everyday tasks of organising and looking after people. • I also run a scuba diving centre (including snorkelling equipment rental) and an avid bridge player plus am an active walker and Irish set-dancer, wild ocean swimmer and love home baking and good food in general.
• We are located in the centre of the village, opposite the community swimming pool & leisure centre / gym. Guests can avail of our discounted access tickets. • Baltimore is a small coastal village with a large natural harbour surrounded by Carbery 100 isles - great for ferry trips to Sherkin, Cape Clear. • Popular with tourists from both Ireland and abroad, the area is renowned for whale & dolphin watching, kayaking, scuba diving, snorkelling, sailing and boat trips. Our sister company Aquaventures offers boat trips. • There are 5 pubs, several restaurants and galleries, a local grocery shop for your newspapers and an ATM machine as well as a restored 13th century castle called Dun na Sead with exhibits about pirate attacks that occurred in the early 1200s as well as 1631. • Festivals during the summer months attract big numbers to the village such as the Baltimore Fiddle Fair, Wooden Boat & Seafood Festival, Pirate Festival, O'Driscoll Clan mid-summer Festival, sailing and rowing regattas and a walking weekend, • Walking trails both easy and off-route with markers suitable for different levels of hiking as well as bicycle hire that can be arranged for you.
Languages spoken: German, English, French, Dutch
Skibbereen Golf Club6.3 miles
St Patrick's Cathedral, Skibbereen6.5 miles
Restaurant The Mews Restaurant0.2 miles
Restaurant Casey's of Baltimore Seafood0.3 miles
Restaurant The Lookout (part of the Waterfront / Jacobs Bar)0.3 miles
Cafe/Bar Glebe Gardens0.3 miles
Cafe/Bar Lifeboat Cafe (summer months only)0.3 miles
Market Skibbereen Farmers Market (Saturday mornings)7.5 miles
Supermarket Cotters Shop / Gala0.3 miles
Ocean/Sea The Atlantic Ocean1.2 miles
Lake Lough Hyne Nature Reserve2.5 miles
Mountain Knockomagh Hill, Lough Hyne Woods3.1 miles
River River Ilen0.2 miles
Cork Airport45.1 miles
Kerry Airport48.7 miles
What would you like to know?No thanks
Thank you for your time
Your feedback will help us improve this feature for all of our customersClose
We're sorry, but there was an error submitting your comment. Please try again.Retry
4 reasons to choose The Stone House B&B
Why book with us?
Prices you can't beat!
Manage your bookings online
The staff speaks English
Booking is safe
Most popular amenities
- Toilet paper
- Private Bathroom
- Free toiletries
- Wardrobe or closet
- Garden view
- Picnic area
- Outdoor furniture
- Outdoor furniture
- Electric kettle
- Socket near the bed
Pets are not allowed.
- Steam room
- Water sports facilities (on site) Additional charge
- Snorkeling Additional charge
- Diving Additional charge
- Cycling Off-site
- Canoeing Off-site Additional charge
- Hot tub/Jacuzzi Additional charge
- Fishing Additional charge
- Golf course (within 2 miles) Additional charge
- Fitness center Additional charge
- Sauna Additional charge
Food & Drink
- Bottle of water
- Special diet meals (on request)
- Tea/Coffee maker
Free! WiFi is available in all areas and is free of charge.
Free! Free private parking is available on site (reservation is not needed).
- Street parking
- Secure parking
- Airport drop-off Additional charge
- Airport pickup Additional charge
- Airport shuttle (additional charge)
- Wake-up service
Front Desk Services
- Invoice provided
Entertainment & Family Services
- Books, DVDs or music for children
- Board games/puzzles
Safety & security
- Fire extinguishers
- CCTV outside property
- Smoke alarms
- Designated smoking area
- Smoke-free property
- Hardwood or parquet floors
- Family rooms
- Ironing facilities
- Non-smoking rooms
- Upper floors accessible by stairs only
Indoor swimming pool
- Open all year
- Opening times
- All ages welcome
- Heated pool
- First aid kits available
- Hand sanitizer in guest accommodation and common areas
- Shared stationery (e.g. printed menus, magazines, pens, paper) removed
- Staff follow all safety protocols as directed by local authorities
- Physical distancing rules followed
- Cashless payment available
- Contactless check-in/out
Cleanliness & disinfection
- Guests have the option to cancel any cleaning services for their accommodation during their stay
- Guest accommodation disinfected between stays
- Linens, towels, and laundry washed in accordance with local authority guidelines
- Use of cleaning chemicals that are effective against coronavirus
Food & drink safety
- All plates, cutlery, glasses, and other tableware sanitized
- Food can be delivered to guest accommodation
What topic(s) do you want to know more about?
Thanks for your help!
Your opinion helps us figure out what kinds of info we should ask properties for.Back to property
Whoops! It looks like something went wrong submitting this. Try again?Retry
4:00 PM - 7:00 PM
8:00 AM - 11:00 AM
Cancellation and prepayment policies vary according to accommodations type. Please enter the dates of your stay and check what conditions apply to your preferred room.
Children & Beds
Children of all ages are welcome.
Children 6 and above are considered adults at this property.
To see correct prices and occupancy info, add the number and ages of children in your group to your search.
Crib and extra bed policies
There's no capacity for cribs at this property.
This property doesn't offer extra beds.
No age restriction
There's no age requirement for check-in
The Stone House B&B accepts these cards and reserves the right to temporarily hold an amount prior to arrival.
Smoking is not allowed.
Pets are not allowed.
The fine print
In accordance with government guidelines to minimize transmission of the coronavirus (COVID-19), this property may request additional documentation from guests to validate identity, travel itinerary, and other relevant info on dates where such guidelines exist.
In response to the coronavirus (COVID-19), additional safety and sanitation measures are currently in effect at this property.
Food and beverage services at this property may be limited or unavailable due to the coronavirus (COVID-19).
Due to the coronavirus (COVID-19), this property is taking steps to protect the safety of guests and staff. Certain services and amenities may be reduced or unavailable as a result.
Please inform The Stone House B&B of your expected arrival time in advance. You can use the Special Requests box when booking, or contact the property directly using the contact details in your confirmation.
FAQs about The Stone House B&B
The Stone House B&B is 1,150 feet from the center of Baltimore.
The following parking options are available to guests staying at The Stone House B&B (subject to availability):
- Free parking
- On-site parking
- Private Parking
- Secure parking
- Street parking
Room options at The Stone House B&B include:
From the nearest airport, you can get to The Stone House B&B by:
- Car 3h
Yes, this hotel has a pool. See details about the pool and other facilities on this page.
Yes, there's a hot tub. You can find out more about this and the other facilities at The Stone House B&B on this page.
Guests staying at The Stone House B&B can enjoy a highly-rated breakfast during their stay (guest review score: 9.8).
Breakfast option(s) include:
- Full English/Irish
- À la carte
The prices at The Stone House B&B may vary depending on your stay (e.g. dates, hotel's policy etc.). To see prices, enter your dates.
Check-in at The Stone House B&B is from 4:00 PM, and check-out is until 11:00 AM.
The Stone House B&B offers the following activities/services (charges may apply):
- Indoor pool
- Fitness center
- Hot tub/Jacuzzi
- Golf course (within 2 miles)
- Water sports facilities (on site)
- Indoor pool (year-round)
- Steam room