Beit Ben Yehuda
Ein Gedi 28, Jerusalem, 93383, Israel –
The Beit Ben Yehuda is home of the reviver of the Hebrew language Eliezer Ben-Yehuda. Eliezer died in December 16th 1922 a short time before the house was completed. His wife Chemda lived in the house until her death in 1951. Over the years Chemda turned the place into a commemoration center of Ben-Yehuda’s life achievement. A few years later the family of Ben-Yehuda donated the house to the Municipality of Jerusalem. In 1965 the municipality rented the house to private residents and in 1971 Jerusalem’s former mayor Teddy Kollek decided to hand it over to Aktion Sühnezeichen Friedensdienste (ASF), a volunteer organization based in Germany. In 2004 a new wing was built in the backyard of the house in order to be used as a seminar center for the German volunteers.
Beit Ben Yehuda takes special requests – add in the next step!
Area Info –
- Mishkenot Sha'ananim 1.4 miles
- Moses Montefiore Windmill 1.5 miles
- Jerusalem Botanical Garden 1.7 miles
- City of David 1.7 miles
- Tower of David Museum 1.7 miles
- Mamilla Open Mall 1.7 miles
- The Great Synagogue 1.7 miles
- Jaffa Gate 1.7 miles
- St. Jones Baptist Church 1.7 miles
- Al-Aqsa Mosque 1.8 miles
Most Popular Landmarks
- Western Wall 1.8 miles
- Dome of the Rock 1.9 miles
- Holyland Model of Jerusalem 2.1 miles
- Garden of Gethsemane 2.1 miles
- Rachel's Tomb 2.6 miles
- St. Catherine's Church 3.4 miles
- Church of the Nativity 3.5 miles
- Manger Square 3.5 miles
- Umar Mosque 3.5 miles
- The Milk Grotto 3.5 miles
Restaurants & Markets
- Grand Cafe Cafe/Bar 0.6 miles
- Rami Levy Supermarket 0.7 miles
- First Station Jerusalem Market 1.2 miles
- Mahane Yehuda Market Market 2.8 miles
- RendezVous Restaurant 0.3 miles
- Super Deal Supermarket 0.3 miles
- Super City Supermarket 0.4 miles
- Mount Zion Mountain 2 miles
- Mount of Olives Mountain 3.1 miles
- Mount Herzl Mountain 5 miles
- Ben Gurion Airport 26.9 miles
- Queen Alia Airport 44.8 miles
What would you like to know?No thanks
Thank you for your time
Your feedback will help us improve this feature for all of our customersClose
We're sorry, but there was an error submitting your comment. Please try again.Retry
5 Reasons to Choose Beit Ben Yehuda
Prices you can't beat!
Manage your bookings online
The staff speaks English
Booking is safe
Most Popular Facilities
- Shared Kitchen
Pets are not allowed.
- Game Room
Free! WiFi is available in all areas and is free of charge.
No parking available.
- Shared Lounge/TV Area
- Baggage Storage
- Fax/Photocopying (additional charge)
- Packed Lunches
- Laundry (additional charge)
- Meeting/Banquet Facilities (additional charge)
Entertainment & Family Services
- Board Games/Puzzles
- Air Conditioning
- All Spaces Non-Smoking (public and private)
- Family Rooms
- Facilities for Disabled Guests
- Non-Smoking Rooms
What topic(s) do you want to know more about?
Thanks for your help!
Your opinion helps us figure out what kinds of info we should ask properties for.Back to property
Whoops! It looks like something went wrong submitting this. Try again?Retry
1:00 PM - 5:00 PM
8:00 AM - 11:00 AM
Cancellation and prepayment policies vary according to room type. Please enter the dates of your stay and check what conditions apply to your preferred room.
Children and Extra Beds
All children are welcome.
There is no capacity for extra beds in the room.
Pets are not allowed.
Cards accepted at this property
Hover over the cards for more info.