This family-owned hotel features a wellness spa, fitness center and a fireplace lounge with panoramic views. Free shuttle busses run to and from the Blue Lagoon, just 0.6 mi away. There is also an Exclusive Airport Taxi service at an additional charge to Keflavík International Airport, 14 mi away.
Modern décor, down comforters and wooden furnishings decorate all rooms at Northern Light Inn. Each has a Smart TV, electric kettle, seating area and free WiFi. The bathrooms include a hairdryer and toiletries.
Views over the Reykjanes Penisula’s moss covered, lava field can be enjoyed from the floor-to-ceiling windows in Northern Light’s restaurant. It serves Icelandic dishes, such as fresh fish, free-range lamb and homemade specialties.
Staff can arrange horseback riding tours and bicycle rentals on site. Central Reykjavík is 45 minutes’ drive from the property.
Couples in particular like the location – they rated it 8.8 for a two-person trip.
Most popular amenities
- Is there a restaurant for other meals.Yes! Max's restaurant at the Northern Light inn (in premises) serves breakfast, lunch and dinner! =)Answered on August 21, 2019
- 1 /any public shuttle from Keflavik to your hotel? 2/ How much it costs ?Hi, There are buses from KEF airport to the Blue Lagoon, but we will arrange a taxi for our hotel guests on check-in date from KEF airport to our hote..Answered on January 31, 2020
- Can you arrange whale watching trips and trips into town to explore?Hi, We used to have a local whale watching company that offered pick-up/drop-off to our hotel but they are not operating anymore. You would need to bo..Answered on November 27, 2019
- If I check in 2nd of February, am I able to see the Northern light from this hotel? do you provide free shuttle from airport?Hi, the northern lights can never be guaranteed as this is nature at its best. That is the beauty with the lights. In February we have enough darkness..Answered on January 18, 2020
- Are there vegan food options?Hi, yes we have vegan food options both for breakfast and dinnerAnswered on September 16, 2020
- Still looking?
Food: American, Seafood, Local, International, European, Grill/BBQ
Open for: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner
Most popular amenities
3:00 PM - 12:00 AM
Guests are required to show a photo ID and credit card at check-in
Until 11:00 AM
Cancellation and prepayment policies vary according to accommodations type. Please enter the dates of your stay and check what conditions apply to your preferred room.
Children & Beds
Children of all ages are welcome.
Children 6 and above are considered adults at this property.
To see correct prices and occupancy info, add the number and ages of children in your group to your search.
Crib and extra bed policies
Prices for cribs and extra beds aren't included in the total price. They'll have to be paid for separately during your stay.
The number of extra beds and cribs allowed depends on the option you choose. Check your selected option for more info.
All cribs and extra beds are subject to availability.
The minimum age for check-in is 18
Pets are not allowed.
Northern Light Inn accepts these cards and reserves the right to temporarily hold an amount prior to arrival.
The fine print
The neighboring Blue Lagoon geothermal spa highly recommends advanced booking, as entrance is limited. Please contact the spa directly for further details.
When ordering rooms for 10 or more guests, different policies and additional supplements may apply.
In accordance with government guidelines to minimize transmission of the coronavirus (COVID-19), this property may request additional documentation from guests to validate identity, travel itinerary, and other relevant info on dates where such guidelines exist.
In response to the coronavirus (COVID-19), additional safety and sanitation measures are in effect at this property.
Food and beverage services at this property may be limited or unavailable due to the coronavirus (COVID-19).
Due to the coronavirus (COVID-19), this property is taking steps to protect the safety of guests and staff. Certain services and amenities may be reduced or unavailable as a result.
Please inform Northern Light Inn of your expected arrival time in advance. You can use the Special Requests box when booking, or contact the property directly using the contact details in your confirmation.
Guests are required to show a photo ID and credit card upon check-in. Please note that all Special Requests are subject to availability and additional charges may apply.
FAQs about Northern Light Inn
From the nearest airport, you can get to Northern Light Inn by:
- Taxi 20min
- Car 20min
Northern Light Inn offers the following activities/services (charges may apply):
- Fitness center
- Turkish/Steam Bath
- Game room
- Golf course (within 2 miles)
- Foot massage
- Walking tours
- Spa lounge/Relaxation area
- Bicycle rental
- Temporary art galleries
- Spa facilities
- Live sports events (broadcast)
- Hand massage
- Happy hour
- Back massage
- Hot spring bath
- Fitness classes
- Bike tours
- Horseback riding
- Tour or class about local culture
- Head massage
- Spa/Wellness packages
- Yoga classes
- Steam room
- Full-body massage
- Neck massage
Northern Light Inn has 1 restaurant:
- Max's Restaurant
The prices at Northern Light Inn may vary depending on your stay (e.g. dates, hotel's policy etc.). To see prices, enter your dates.
Room options at Northern Light Inn include:
Guests staying at Northern Light Inn can enjoy a highly-rated breakfast during their stay (guest review score: 9.0).
Breakfast option(s) include:
Check-in at Northern Light Inn is from 3:00 PM, and check-out is until 11:00 AM.
Northern Light Inn is 2.6 miles from the center of Grindavík.