You're eligible for a Genius discount at Guesthouse Vatnsholt! To save at this property, all you have to do is sign in.
Peacefully located by Lake Villingarholt, Vatnsholt Bed & Breakfast is 9.9 mi from Selfoss town center. Impressive mountain views are featured.
The rooms of Vatnsholt Bed & Breakfast are simply furnished and have either private or shared bathroom facilities.
Housed in a renovated farmhouse, Vatnsholt’s restaurant serves breakfast, lunch and dinner in a rustic setting. The menu offers regional specialties made with locally sourced ingredients including the on site lake.
The staff can help arrange activities like horse riding, fishing and football golf. Other facilities include free WiFi, a children’s playground and a large outdoor area.
The guest house is located by Iceland’s scenic Ring Road, 43 mi from Reykjavik. On-site parking is free for guests.
Couples in particular like the location – they rated it 8.7 for a two-person trip.
Most popular amenities
Select dates to see this property's availability and prices
- Will I see the norther light from here, during late November ?The auroras are visible in Iceland from the end of August. This is a natural phenomenon and depends on weather. Vatnsholt is the perfect place to obse..Answered on February 5, 2021
- Hello do you have 24 h check In ? We will arrive around 1amHello We are open from 8:00-23:00. If you will be later we will make this self check in. When you will arrive you will see note in the lobby door win..Answered on November 4, 2021
- We would be arriving may 2021, assuming covid protocols are still in place are we allowed to self check in, etc?Thank you for your interest in our hotel. We offer accommodation following the rules during Covid 19. As of today, it's only possible to stay overnigh..Answered on January 5, 2021
- Hi, may I know what is the distance between your property to Thingvellir National Park? ThanksHello Kindly inform, from Vatnsholt hotel to Þingvellir National Park is about 70 km. Best regards AnitaAnswered on February 10, 2022
- Hi, I’m thinking about rent a double room from Thursday till Saturday and I was wondering if the access road to the property is clear of ice as I got ..Hi Our roads are clear. Best regards VatnsholtAnswered on March 10, 2022
- Still looking?
Open for: Breakfast, Dinner, Cocktail hour
Open for: Dinner
Open for: Brunch
Most popular amenities
4:00 PM - 10:30 PM
7:30 AM - 11:00 AM
Cancellation and prepayment policies vary according to accommodations type. Please enter the dates of your stay and check what conditions apply to your preferred room.
Children & Beds
Children of all ages are welcome.
Children 12 and above are considered adults at this property.
To see correct prices and occupancy info, add the number and ages of children in your group to your search.
Crib and extra bed policies
Prices for cribs and extra beds aren't included in the total price. They'll have to be paid for separately during your stay.
The number of extra beds and cribs allowed depends on the option you choose. Check your selected option for more info.
All cribs and extra beds are subject to availability.
No age restriction
There's no age requirement for check-in
Guesthouse Vatnsholt accepts these cards and reserves the right to temporarily hold an amount prior to arrival.
Smoking is not allowed.
Guests need be quiet between 11:00 PM and 6:00 AM.
Pets are allowed on request. Charges may apply.
The fine print
Please note that reservations for the restaurant must me made at least one day prior to arrival for bookings between 1 September and 1 June.
Summer Restaurant: Closed from Sat, Oct 17, 2020 until Sun, Jan 31, 2021
Vatnsholt Restaurant: Closed from Sun, Nov 01, 2020 until Sun, Jan 31, 2021
Blind Raven: Closed from Sun, Nov 01, 2020 until Sun, Jan 31, 2021
Bar is closed from Sun, Nov 01, 2020 until Sun, Jan 31, 2021
FAQs about Guesthouse Vatnsholt
The prices at Guesthouse Vatnsholt may vary depending on your stay (e.g. dates, hotel's policy etc.). To see prices, enter your dates.
Guesthouse Vatnsholt has 3 restaurants:
- Summer Restaurant
- Vatnsholt Restaurant
- Blind Raven
Check-in at Guesthouse Vatnsholt is from 4:00 PM, and check-out is until 11:00 AM.
Guests staying at Guesthouse Vatnsholt can enjoy a highly-rated breakfast during their stay (guest review score: 8.1).
Breakfast option(s) include:
Guesthouse Vatnsholt is 150 feet from the center of Vatnsholt.
Guesthouse Vatnsholt offers the following activities/services (charges may apply):
- Pool table
- Game room
- Evening entertainment
- Walking tours
- Stand-up comedy
- Badminton equipment
- Happy hour
- Movie nights
- Themed dinners
- Live music/Performance
From the nearest airport, you can get to Guesthouse Vatnsholt by:
- Car 1h 30min
Room options at Guesthouse Vatnsholt include:
Yes, Guesthouse Vatnsholt is popular with guests booking family stays.