Set right inside Matera's Sassi area, a UNESCO site, Albergo Italia provides free WiFi throughout.
The Italia's rooms with attached bathroom feature air conditioning, and some have views of the Sassi.
The Albergo Italia's Basilico restaurant/pizzeria is just next door to the property and serves characteristic cuisine.
Matera Train Station is a 15-minute walk from the Italia, or reachable with the hotel's shuttle service. An airport shuttle service is also available
A private garage is just 650 feet away.
This is our guests' favorite part of Matera, according to independent reviews.
Couples in particular like the location – they rated it 9.8 for a two-person trip.
- Ciao! I am planning to come from Rome through bus. Will you be able to arrange a taxi to pick up at MateraVia Don Luigi Sturzo bus station to your hotel. I shall pay for the taxi fare. Appreciate if you know the possibility and the estimate cab fare. Grazie!Dear, if you want we can book a taxi from Via don Luigi Sturzo to the ITALIA hotel, the cost of the service is around € 10.00 which you will pay directly to the taxi driver. If you want me to book the taxi, you must tell me, day, exact time and bus name. Pending thanks and greetings FANIAAnswered on 13 November 2019
- Sun deck
- Walking toursAdditional charge
- Coffee house on site
- FruitAdditional charge
- Wine/ChampagneAdditional charge
- Kid-friendly buffet
- Snack bar
- Invoice provided
- Baggage storage
- 24-hour front desk
- Daily housekeeping
- Fax/PhotocopyingAdditional charge
- Fire extinguishers
- CCTV outside property
- Smoke alarms
- Security alarm
- Key access
- 24-hour security
- Shuttle serviceAdditional charge
- Shared lounge/TV area
- Designated smoking area
- Air conditioning
- Smoke-free property
- Hypoallergenic room available
- Family rooms
- Airport shuttleAdditional charge
- Non-smoking rooms
- Room service
2:00 PM - 8:00 PM
7:30 AM - 10:30 AM
Cancellation and prepayment policies vary according to accommodations type. Please enter the dates of your stay and check what conditions apply to your preferred room.
Children & Beds
Children of all ages are welcome.
To see correct prices and occupancy info, add the number and ages of children in your group to your search.
Crib and extra bed policies
Cribs and extra beds aren't available at this property.
No age restriction
There's no age requirement for check-in
Pets are not allowed.
Albergo Italia accepts these cards and reserves the right to temporarily hold an amount prior to arrival.
The fine print
Please note that this property is set in a restricted traffic area. Access by car is allowed for loading and unloading of luggage only, and for a limited time.
In accordance with government guidelines to minimize transmission of the coronavirus (COVID-19), this property currently isn't accepting guests from certain countries on dates where such guidelines exist.
In response to the coronavirus (COVID-19), additional safety and sanitation measures are in effect at this property.
Due to the coronavirus (COVID-19), this property has reduced reception and service hours.
Due to the coronavirus (COVID-19), wearing a face mask is mandatory in all indoor common areas.
FAQs about Albergo Italia
Guests staying at Albergo Italia can enjoy a highly-rated breakfast during their stay (guest review score: 9.0).
Breakfast option(s) include:
Albergo Italia offers the following activities/services (charges may apply):
- Walking tours
Albergo Italia is 1,150 feet from the center of Matera.
Room options at Albergo Italia include:
The prices at Albergo Italia may vary depending on your stay (e.g. dates, hotel's policy etc.). To see prices, enter your dates.
Check-in at Albergo Italia is from 2:00 PM, and check-out is until 10:30 AM.