You're eligible for a Genius discount at Hotel Carlton On The Grand Canal! To save at this property, all you have to do is sign in.
Overlooking Venice's Grand Canal, Hotel Carlton offers a rooftop cocktail bar with terrace and spacious, Venetian-style rooms. Santa Lucia Train Station and the Piazzale Roma parking lot are both a 5 minute walk away.
This romantic 4-star hotel has an elegant interior design with Murano glass lamps and antique furniture. All the air-conditioned rooms include satellite TV, a minibar and a private bathroom with hairdryer.
Breakfast is available each morning, and Bar Carlton Café provides drinks plus snacks throughout the day. La Cupola restaurant serves Italian and international dishes.
Hotel Carlton On The Grand Canal gives you free access to the Venice Casino. At the front desk, you can book restaurants and theater tickets. San Marco Square is a pleasant 25 minute walk away, also accessible by vaporetto (water bus).
This is our guests' favorite part of Venice, according to independent reviews.
Couples in particular like the location – they rated it 9.3 for a two-person trip.
Most popular amenities
Currency Exchange: Need local currency? This property has currency exchange on site.
Select dates to see this property's availability and prices
- How far to water taxis! Do you have ground floor rooms as I am disabled and cannot do many stairs. We are 3 adults looking to book for 19-12 April's 2020 DianneDear Ms. Dianne, thank you for your message. We have a private pier for water taxis and gondolas just outside the main hall. We also have ground floor..Answered on October 21, 2019
- What is the credit card deposit hold amount during check in?No amount is freezed on your card upon check-in. We only ask for your card details as guarantee but do not charge any amount.Answered on July 28, 2020
- What is the best way to get to and from the Marco Polo Airport?The hotel can be reached by water: private water taxi, or shuttle collective boat that the hotel sells in its e-shop or by land by car taxi or bus th..Answered on February 9, 2021
- Do you know the closest car rental drop off point please?In Piazzale Roma at Garage Comunale there are the closest Rental Car. Best Regards Jessica Res. Dep.Answered on June 6, 2020
- If I book a double room (where there is no bathroom specified as being included) is there a shared bathroom/toilet facility? ThanksWe inform you that all our rooms have private bathroom (bath or shower). We remain at your disposal for any further information you might need.Answered on July 28, 2020
- Still looking?
Top of The Carlton
Most popular amenities
From 2:00 PM
Guests are required to show a photo ID and credit card at check-in
Until 12:00 PM
Cancellation and prepayment policies vary according to accommodations type. Please enter the dates of your stay and check what conditions apply to your preferred room.
Children & Beds
Children of all ages are welcome.
Children 3 and above are considered adults at this property.
To see correct prices and occupancy info, add the number and ages of children in your group to your search.
Crib and extra bed policies
The number of cribs allowed depends on the option you choose. Check your selected option for more info.
There are no extra beds available at this property.
All cribs are subject to availability.
No age restriction
There's no age requirement for check-in
Pets are not allowed.
When booking more than 6 rooms, different policies and additional supplements may apply.
Hotel Carlton On The Grand Canal accepts these cards and reserves the right to temporarily hold an amount prior to arrival.
The fine print
When adding lunch or dinner to your booking, please note that the price does not include drinks.
When booking 5 rooms or more, different policies and additional supplements may apply.
In response to the coronavirus (COVID-19), additional safety and sanitation measures are in effect at this property.
Food and beverage services at this property may be limited or unavailable due to the coronavirus (COVID-19).
Due to the coronavirus (COVID-19), this property is taking steps to protect the safety of guests and staff. Certain services and amenities may be reduced or unavailable as a result.
Due to the coronavirus (COVID-19), wearing a face mask is mandatory in all indoor common areas.
Guests are required to show a photo ID and credit card upon check-in. Please note that all Special Requests are subject to availability and additional charges may apply.
Please inform Hotel Carlton On The Grand Canal of your expected arrival time in advance. You can use the Special Requests box when booking, or contact the property directly using the contact details in your confirmation.
FAQs about Hotel Carlton On The Grand Canal
The prices at Hotel Carlton On The Grand Canal may vary depending on your stay (e.g. dates, hotel's policy etc.). To see prices, enter your dates.
Hotel Carlton On The Grand Canal offers the following activities/services (charges may apply):
- Themed dinners
- Live music/Performance
- Tour or class about local culture
- Live sports events (broadcast)
- Happy hour
- Cooking class
Room options at Hotel Carlton On The Grand Canal include:
Hotel Carlton On The Grand Canal is 0.9 miles from the center of Venice.
Hotel Carlton On The Grand Canal has 2 restaurants:
- Top of The Carlton
- La Cupola
Guests staying at Hotel Carlton On The Grand Canal can enjoy a highly-rated breakfast during their stay (guest review score: 7.8).
Breakfast option(s) include:
- Full English/Irish
- Breakfast to go
From the nearest airport, you can get to Hotel Carlton On The Grand Canal by:
- Taxi 20min
Check-in at Hotel Carlton On The Grand Canal is from 2:00 PM, and check-out is until 12:00 PM.