Castello Banfi - Il Borgo
Poggio alle Mura, 53024 Montalcino, Italy – Excellent location – show map
Excellent location – rated 9.8/10! (score from 145 reviews)
Real guests • Real stays • Real opinions
How guest reviews work
Each review score is between 1 and 10. To get the overall score, we add up all the review scores and divide that total by the number of review scores we received. Guests can also give separate subscores in crucial areas, such as location, cleanliness, staff, comfort, facilities, value, and free WiFi. Guests submit their subscores and their overall scores independently – there’s no direct link between them.
You can review an accommodation that you booked through our platform if you stayed there, or if you got to the property but didn’t actually stay there. To edit a review you’ve already submitted, contact our Customer Service team.
We have people and automated systems that specialize in detecting fake reviews submitted to our platform. If we find any, we delete them and, if necessary, take action against whoever is responsible.
Anyone who spots something suspicious can always report it to our Customer Service team so that our fraud team can investigate.
Ideally, we'd publish every review we get, positive and negative. However, we won’t display any reviews that include or refer to (among other things):
- Politically sensitive comments
- Promotional content
- Illegal activities
- Personal or sensitive info (e.g. emails, phone numbers, credit card info)
- Swear words, sexual references, hate speech, discriminatory remarks, threats, or references to violence
- Spam and fake content
- Animal cruelty
- Impersonation (i.e. if the writer is claiming to be someone else)
- Any violation of our review guidelines.
To make sure reviews are relevant, we may only accept reviews that are submitted within 3 months of checking out. We may stop showing reviews once they’re 36 months old, or if the accommodation has a change of ownership.
An accommodation can reply to a review.
When you see multiple reviews, the most recent ones will be at the top, subject to a few other factors (e.g. language, whether it’s just a rating or contains comments as well, etc.). You can sort and/or filter them by time of year, review score, and more.
Sometimes we show external review scores from other well-known travel websites, but make it clear when we do this.
Guidelines and Standards for Reviews
These guidelines and standards aim to keep the content on Booking.com relevant and family-friendly, without limiting expression or strong opinions. They're also applicable regardless of the comment's tone.
Contributions should be travel related. The most helpful contributions are detailed and help others make better decisions. Please don’t include personal, political, ethical, or religious commentary. Promotional content will be removed and issues concerning Booking.com’s services should be routed to our Customer Service or Accommodation Service teams.
Contributions should be appropriate for a global audience. Please avoid using profanity or attempts to approximate profanity with creative spelling, in any language. Comments and media that include hate speech, discriminatory remarks, threats, sexually explicit remarks, violence, or the promotion of illegal activity are not permitted.
All content should be genuine and unique to the guest. Reviews are most valuable when they are original and unbiased. Your contribution should be yours. Booking.com property partners should not post on behalf of guests or offer incentives in exchange for reviews. Attempts to bring down the rating of a competitor by submitting a negative review will not be tolerated.
Respect the privacy of others. Booking.com will make an effort to obscure email addresses, telephone numbers, website addresses, social media accounts, and other similar details.
The opinions expressed in contributions are those of Booking.com customers and properties, and not of Booking.com. Booking.com does not accept responsibility or liability for any reviews or responses. Booking.com is a distributor (without any obligation to verify) and not a publisher of these comments and responses.
By default, reviews are sorted based on the date of the review and on additional criteria to display the most relevant reviews, including but not limited to: your language, reviews with text, and non-anonymous reviews. Additional sorting options might be available (by type of traveler, by score, etc...).
This service may contain translations powered by Google. Google disclaims all warranties related to the translations, express or implied, including any warranties of accuracy, reliability, and any implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, and non-infringement.
There was a problem loading the reviews.
Get the celebrity treatment with world-class service at Castello Banfi - Il Borgo
Guests will have discounts on wine at the Cantine Banfi wine cellar.
Offering views of the Ombrone valley and the vineyards, each room comes with free Wi-Fi, a flat-screen TV with Sky channels, and a walk-in rainfall shower. Some rooms have a bath. Rooms are furnished with wood-beamed ceilings and Tuscan-style interiors.
With stone arches and antique chandeliers, the restaurant provides local specialties at lunch and dinner. Breakfast is provided as a buffet.
Siena is a 1-hour drive away and Montepulciano is 31 mi from the Castello Banfi hotel.
Couples in particular like the location – they rated it 9.7 for a two-person trip.Castello Banfi - Il Borgo has been welcoming Booking.com guests since Oct 19, 2012
Select dates to see this property's availability and prices
- Hello, do you have a pool suitable for swimming in March?An heated swimming pool, open-air looking over the vineyards is available for our guests staying at our Hotel Il BorgoAnswered on 11 February 2021
- Do you have WI-FI?La struttura dispone di WiFi nelle camere e nelle aree esterne. Cordiali Saluti Cristina Bagnacci Castello Banfi Il Borgo Phone: +39 0577 877 700 Wha..Answered on 19 September 2021
- I have heard your room rates have wine tasting included, is this true?Good Mornig, when booking a stay at Castello Banfi Il Borgo aguided publig Winery tour and tasting of three Castello Banfi wines will be included and..Answered on 16 February 2022
- What is the best way to get from Florence to your resort?The best way to get from Florence to us is to rent a car. We are about 2 hours away from Florence.Answered on 16 January 2023
- Hello! How late are the bars and restaurants open at the hotel?Thank you. Our Enoteca is open from 10 am to 6 pm. Our hotel will reopen on March 24th and or restaurant La Tavernacwill reopen for lunch on February ..Answered on 10 January 2022
- Still looking?
- La Sala dei Grappoli
- Open forDinner
- La Taverna
- Open forLunch
- Towels/Sheets (extra fee)
- Bathtub or shower
- Private Bathroom
- Free toiletries
- Wardrobe or closet
- Mountain view
- Picnic area
- BBQ facilitiesAdditional charge
- Coffee machine
- Electric kettle
- Socket near the bed
- Fold-up bed
- Cooking classAdditional charge
- Tour or class about local cultureAdditional charge
- Happy hourAdditional charge
- Bike toursAdditional charge
- Walking toursAdditional charge
- Horseback ridingAdditional charge
- HikingAdditional charge
- Flat-screen TV
- Satellite channels
- FruitAdditional charge
- Wine/ChampagneAdditional charge
- Kids' mealsAdditional charge
- Special diet meals (on request)
- Snack bar
- Breakfast in the room
- Tea/Coffee maker
- Electric vehicle charging station
- Accessible parking
- Invoice provided
- Private check-in/out
- Baggage storage
- Currency exchange
- Express check-in/out
- 24-hour front desk
- Babysitting/Child servicesAdditional charge
- Daily housekeeping
- Suit pressAdditional charge
- Ironing serviceAdditional charge
- Dry cleaningAdditional charge
- LaundryAdditional charge
- Meeting/Banquet facilitiesAdditional charge
- Fire extinguishers
- Smoke alarms
- Security alarm
- Key access
- Pet bowls
- Pet basket
- Air conditioning
- Mosquito net
- Wake-up service
- Car rental
- Packed lunches
- Family rooms
- Facilities for disabled guests
- Non-smoking rooms
- Wake-up service/Alarm clock
- Room service
- Wheelchair accessible
- Open all year
- Heated pool
- Shallow end
- Pool/Beach towels
- Yoga classes
- Beach umbrellas
- Beach chairs/Loungers
- MassageAdditional charge
- Fitness center
From 3:00 PM
Until 12:00 PM
Cancellation and prepayment policies vary according to accommodations type. Please enter the dates of your stay and check what conditions apply to your preferred room.
Children & Beds
Children of all ages are welcome.
Children 18 and above are considered adults at this property.
To see correct prices and occupancy info, add the number and ages of children in your group to your search.
Crib and extra bed policies
Prices for cribs and extra beds aren't included in the total price. They'll have to be paid for separately during your stay.
The number of extra beds and cribs allowed depends on the option you choose. Check your selected option for more info.
All cribs and extra beds are subject to availability.
No age restriction
There's no age requirement for check-in
Pets are not allowed.
Cash Castello Banfi - Il Borgo accepts these cards and reserves the right to temporarily hold an amount prior to arrival.
FAQs about Castello Banfi - Il Borgo
Yes, this hotel has a pool. See details about the pool and other facilities on this page.
Castello Banfi - Il Borgo offers the following activities/services (charges may apply):
- Fitness center
- Happy hour
- Walking tours
- Yoga classes
- Swimming pool
- Cooking class
- Bike tours
- Tour or class about local culture
- Horseback riding
Guests staying at Castello Banfi - Il Borgo can enjoy a highly-rated breakfast during their stay (guest review score: 10.0).
Breakfast option(s) include:
Room options at Castello Banfi - Il Borgo include:
The prices at Castello Banfi - Il Borgo may vary depending on your stay (e.g. dates, hotel's policy etc.). To see prices, enter your dates.
Castello Banfi - Il Borgo is 6.8 miles from the center of Montalcino.
Castello Banfi - Il Borgo has 2 restaurants:
- La Taverna
- La Sala dei Grappoli
Check-in at Castello Banfi - Il Borgo is from 3:00 PM, and check-out is until 12:00 PM.